SE Dagger Review

3,558
review (1) 31 comments vote for this gear:
SE Dagger Reviewed by: KYLE3222, on august 21, 2006

Purchased from: eBay

Features: The SE Dagger is a semi-hollow guitar brought to you with the attitude that only B.C. Rich can deliver! Features include bold dagger shaped sound holes, solid maple center block, ebony fingerboard with dagger tip inlay, two humbucker pickups, two volumes, three way toggle, master tone and a Widow headstock! Except noted models. // 8

Sound: I play many different kinds of music, from Incubus to Black Label Society. The clean sound on this is undoubtebly unbeatable. It has incredible lows on the neck position. The distortion is great, the one flaw is that the low E string sounds a bit cruddy when sing distortion, but after you break in the guitar it sounds perfect. the pinch-harmonics are as close as you can get to EMG's. I play dropped tunings a lot, and unlike my Ibanez AXS32, the pickups never start to sound like crap when down tuning. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is perfect. It has a nice thick neck that feels like that of the SG neck. The pickups are in perfect positioning, I have yet to have to adjust this guitar. The jack has come loose a couple times, but this has happened with most other guitars I've played. The toggle switch was also a bit loose, but unless you're really odd about that kind of thing, it's fine. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This has an extreely thick finish, don't worry about scratches. It is extremely durable. I have banged it several times and I have yet to see a mark. I would definitly use this at a gig. There's something about this guitar that keeps the strings from snapping. I play a lot and sometimes thrash, and even when you use GHS 9's, they don't snap. // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing for 3 years, and I own a silver Ibanez AXS32, an Ibanez V acoustic, a First Act, and a hand me down acoustic. It's better than all of these. This is great for metal, Red Hot Chili Peppers typed, or plain old school rock. My overall impression of this guitar is amazing. I would much rather have this than a Gibson. // 10

Comments