SE Warlock Metal Web review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: SE Warlock Metal Web

Purchased from: eBay

The guitar really fits a heavy metal style, especially with the tone knob turned all the way down. It has a really fat low-end sound, that just crunches with a lot of overdrive. I use it with a Roland Cube 30X, and no pedals or anything, but the two go together really well. I have not seen a guitar with better sound yet (because the only other guitar I have had is a Squier Stratocaster).

I play mostly metal, with a bit of blues and hard rock. Don't expect hard rock out of this unless you have a modeling amplifier. Blues will come out of it, but this is suited for Metal and Metal only. I have been playing for close to a year now, and I got this after christmas. This was the replacement to my aforementioned Squier, and I have not had to use it ever. I wish I had have asked if I could change the pickups out, or I would have gotten a custom shop guitar. But, I love the sound and look of the guitar, just the metal webbing of it is the part that I don't like. I can't compare it to anything. But I really wish I could put in a Kahler or Floyd Rose.

I think this will withstand a Live show, I have never played a Live show with it, but it is pretty dang sturdy. If I dropped it, it'd make a sound, the paint would chip (which, it really has), but I don't think anything would happen. I think the bridge may go bad sooner or later, and the pickups are starting to be a little wierd. I think I could have my Squier as a backup, because I am so sure that this one will withstand the test. The finish is wearing off, and I am pretty sure it will chip.

The action was perfect. Hammer-ons and pull-offs are a cinch, and if the action is too low, you can easily raise it or lower it. The bridge pickup was a little too low for my taste, so I raised it. I did not see any flaws with the guitar, except for the metal webbing made me redo my picking technique. The metal web will really shred your pick if you are not careful. But it stays in tune really well.

This guitar was made in Taiwan. It has 24 ebony jumbo frets, with a cool little spider design on the 3rd, 7th, 12th, 17th, and 21st frets. The wood is Alder, and it has a black finish on it. The chrome metal webbing was put on real well, but if you want to do any modification to it, you'll have a hard time getting it off with a conventional screwdriver. I like the warlock body shape, it's pointy, and looks pretty neutral for any type of music. It's a neck-thru construction, so it holds notes very well. The bridge is a tune-o-matic, but you really have to be careful with it. It's got two Active BDSM humbuckers. There are two volumes to the two humbuckers, and a tone. There is also a 3 way selector Switch. The guitar came with a coffin case. It really could use a whammy bar.

zakk_attack
    H1ghGa1n : I own about 7 guitars... I..... sorry but how can you own 'about' 7 guitars?
    metal_edy
    most everyone's posts have included: -This guitar is Fugly -All B.C. Richs suck so I'm going to waste some time flaming this comment section If you don't like their guitars why are you looking at a review for one? This guitar looks pretty sweet in my opinion, I dunno how it sounds but hey whatever. no offense
    phillyguitar
    richard_edwards
    gah. cheap bc's are terrible. cheap ass finish, they sound bad and always come out of the factory with a a bad setup. this is an ugly motherlicker. 'ive been playing for almost a year' that just about sums it up. squiers kick cheap bc rich's ass. its when bc's get above 600 quid is when they get good. when human hands actually touch the guitar you want to buy. none of this factory crap. thats why i love fender. even the cheaper ones get the hands-on treatment.
    Saint-Jimmy
    goddd..... every bc rich review this crap happens whats the ponint on commenting something you dont like its like lining up for a bdan autograph and then saying no because you dont like them... bc richs are good yeahh atm they only concentrate on shapes but old version are SCHWEET and there not overpriced.. ppl just hear a bronze arlock or summoin and say bc Rich are crap try pick up a kerry king model or the mick thompson
    fnoof
    Thats a tasty guitar. I dont see why you hate it so much, if you play metal that is; Silenoz from Dimmu Borgir uses one. Still id expect nothing in the way of reliability from a BcRich =/
    JerkyChid
    It's actually made pretty well but the appearance and p-ups are the biggest problems with this IMO. The spider inlays would be better with fewer and put these kinds of guitars out right before their deal with Rockfield Pickups and all their new neck-thrus and other guitars. It's basically a teaser neck-thru that was introduced sometime before Halloween last year. In short, Beginner Neck-thru...
    jumpmanhat
    F-ing Hostile wrote: wow, thats probly the ugliest guitar ive ever seen
    thats exactly what I thought
    H1ghGa1n
    I own about 7 guitars... I think in most cases you pay for what you get but with B.C. Rich you pay for what you don't get too... they're too expensive for what you get. My Bronze Warlock was $200 and it sounds worse than a guitar that I bought with an amp and gig bag for $89. It plays nice but it sounds bad. If your buying a metal guitar and want a good deal get an Ibanez, LTD(ESP), or Schecter IMO. The higher end B.C. Riches are nice but over priced IMO.
    furioussktr
    Any one ever notice that alot of the reviews that are done on guitars, are usually done by people who havent owned more than one, or two guitars...
    garage rocker81
    zerodeck wrote: f*cking ugly guitar, played a bc rich ones and hope to do it never again
    Dude BC rich guitars are all about crazy shapes now. Theyre only overpriced because of all the waste wood and shit from the weird shapes. You cant say a whole company's worth of guitars is shit from one you played once. My uncle has a strat-style BC rich and its freakin awesome. I think thats a badass looking guitar though. I would buy it but I just spent all my cash on a washburn idol 64 (the badass one with the crackle finish). ROCK ON MY BROTHERS \../ ( >.< ) \../
    Heat-13
    Good review man and for the rest of you people who just want to take the piss out of BC Rich at any opportunity... its all a matter of personal preference, like i think it looks very pretty as the silver contrasts the blackness of the shape... so dont critisize it. if you want to critisize it...write a review
    E V H 5150
    A nuetral shape for any type of music? I don't think I'll ever see a country or blues guitarist playing one of these. Is it supposed to be some spider man marketing thing? Or is this actually the Spider Man Signature series? Seriously. And for $300, the tone is probrably crap...
    FearBefore
    I did not see any flaws with the guitar, except for the metal webbing made me redo my picking technique. The metal web will really shred your pick if you are not careful. How is that even possible? Ugly looking guitar. My first guitar was a BC Rich warlock and I can safely say I shall never buy another BC Rich again.
    death-to-punk
    i love that guitar even though never played it before it looks cool and i have a bc rich and they play great
    Khoshaba
    Allthough i hate to agree, it is ugly. I know ofr a fact it does really play nice though
    zerodeck
    f*cking ugly guitar, played a bc rich ones and hope to do it never again
    gary666
    I got hte Mick Thompson Sig Warlock an that plays great... but apparently that coz it was built to match Ibanez guitars... dunno but its probs the best BCRich ive played!!
    GuitarHero0715
    bc riches for the most part suck, unless you buy one of the highest priced ones, but then your still overpaying
    zakk_attack
    i like bc riches i've owned some ibanez and stuff like that and i didnt really like them that much i like the look of this but probly wouldn't buy it because of the lower quality then i'm used to but personally i think it looks perty darn good