Stealth One Review

1,737
review (1) pictures (1) 20 comments vote for this gear:
Stealth One Reviewed by: SlayerFinalSix, on february 20, 2012

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: 24 Jumbo frets on this guitar. Solid-top. Solid black finish. This guitar has a very unique body style. Shaped kind of like an "x". Bridge is a very nasty and buzzy tune-o-matic. Passive pickups. 3-way selector between 2 humbuckers. B.C. Rich BDSM pickups. Tuners are very good and keep those strings in tune. // 8

Sound: I bought this guitar in an effort to get a guitar that would pump out some heavy distortion for hard rock and metal. Judging by the brand, I thought I would be getting that kind of sound but no. This guitar has a mild amount of distortion. Its pretty sad because my $100 First Act pumps out more distortion than this thing. This guitar is good for a more classic rock sound. I am disappointed with the sound. I think maybe different pickups will help. // 4

Action, Fit & Finish: Guitar was set up great at the factory. Pickups were adjusted at a normal height and bridge was mounted great. Bridge buzzes alot but can be fixed. The guitar contained no flaws except for strap hooks which are placed in spots that make the guitar tilt over when you play standing up. I drilled another hole to put the strap hook in and it fixed this. Very hard to control the tilt onstage trust me I've done it. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It can perfectly withstand live playing and I speak from experience. Hardware is very durable. Strap buttons have a design flaw as stated above. I would use it on a gig yes. Finish is also very durable. Should work great at any gig. If it is a long gig, you may have to retune it. // 10

Overall Impression: Metal/hard rock is my style. This guitar is barely usable as a metal guitar. I have been playing for 8 years and own other guitars and I think this one is a very good budget guitar. If I could have played it to hear what it sounded like before I bought it, I probably wouldn't have bought it. If it were to get lost or stolen, I would probably just get something else. Love the shape, hate the sound. I wish it had better stock pickups and a Floyd tremolo. // 7

Comments