Stealth Pro Marc Rizzo 7 review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Stealth Pro Marc Rizzo 7

I play mainly metal, a wide variety of sub genres of it, some Acoustic soft stuff and every once in a while songs by Carlos Santana which are very interesting and fun to play in my opinion. I play through 2 sets, one is when there's people home, in which case I play through a practice amp (15") and when there's not I use Marshall Head, a big speaker and an overdrive pedal plus other little stuff like a wah. through the practice amp and pedals it sounds very good, obviously the sound is not the best and I do notice it's kinda lacking and a bit muddy compared to when I play it through the other set, however it sounds very good. Through the "Pro" set, this thing rocks, it's very quiet and when you play it sounds very powerful, the neck pickup is great for clean stuff but also to shred, it has a very clean and full tone that makes shredding very clear and articulate. The bridge pickup is very distorted and chuggy, and those palm muted riffs sound very powerful, I'd say you should stick to metal if you have it but it does other sounds pretty well (blues, hard rock), plus it's a 7 strings so, I bet metal is what you'd mostly play on it but overall it does a very good job clean and an awesome one with distortion. For my style, it's perfect.

The guitar plays very well, it works for all kinds of metal and sounds amazing. The neck is fast but I have a complaint with it: it's a finished neck, it's not that it's poorly finished or anything, it's just that I prefer unfinished necks, I love the sound it produces, and love the way it plays, I just wish the neck was not finished and then it'd be pretty much a perfect guitar for me, obviously there are some tweaks I'd like to have on it but this is not a custom shop guitar so it's not possible, however it's close to what my "dream guitar" would be. If it were stolen I'd buy it again after killing the *** who stole it not only because it is cheaper than other 7 strings out there but also because it sounds incredibly good and plays really well.

I don't play live, for some reason I enjoy playing a lot of songs by my favorite bands and creating my own songs, but I've just never tried playing a gig. However the guitar feels very comfortable and doesn't feel fragile at all. The guitar sounds awesome so I'd play it live without a doubt, however it has a floyd so I wouldn't play without a backup.

The guitar came with a good setup, the action was a bit higher than what I usually like so after a bit of setup and Floyd intonation and tuning, it was perfect. No visible or noticeable flaws whatsoever.

I believe it is made in korea, the guitar is fairly new, as far as I know made this year (2010), it has 24 Jumbo frets on an ebony fingerboard, Maple neck, 25.5" scale, Mahogany body in a black color, the whole guitar is black including the neck, it's a nice finish, fairly standard. It has an Original Floyd Rose 7, Grover tuners, 1 volume, a 3 way toggle Switch an EMG 707 in the neck and an EMG 81-7 on the bridge position.

EpiExplorer
    I doubt you've owned one, then.
    DeathbyV
    Don't people like this ever get tired of being ignorant d- bags? Trash talking BCR is a great way to tell everyone that you don't have the slightest idea what quality, value, or playability are. Every major guitar company has their low end beginner stuff, but the higher level Korean BCRs are some of the most well made, best playing, most durable, and reliable guitars in their price range. I will and HAVE put my 08 DLXJRV (completely stock except for a fret job and overall setup) against any overpriced "US made" p.o.s everyday, all day. GIBSON being at the top of that list!! Bernie Sr. and his guys built some of the best American electric guitars to ever hit the market, Bernie Jr. is a great artist and luthier as well, and the Korean imports, like many of the 70s and early/ mid 80s " NJs" were some of the absolute best guitars in their price range.
    InvaderTSN
    SOADriff wrote: However i think the design is a bit too much of a mimic of an Ibanez Xiphos
    The Stealth came first...
    pigeonmafia
    Because that comment was about playing through a small practice amp compared to the larger Marshall rig. It wasn't a comment about the guitar
    Sengir
    webbtje wrote: obviously the sound is not the best and I do notice it's kinda lacking and a bit muddy compared to when I play it through the other set, And yet you give the sound a perfect 10?
    Hey, read the article one more time. He said that it sounds muddy through a practice amp. No matter how good a guitar is, a crappy amp will spoil the sound.
    C_majzer
    The Virtuoso
    Nirvana00125
    The Virtuoso wrote: I wouldn't mind having one, although I am somewhat upset that it is a Marc Rizzo model, don't get me wrong the guy is an accomplished player, but the Stealth belongs to Chuck in my opinion.
    But Chuck didn't use 7 strings and he used a very specific type of Stealth.
    azria032
    Dude, as big of a Death fan as I am, this is Marc's signature guitar. You might as well say the same as every Dean ML belonging to Dimebag (Even though BC Rich doesn't extort the name of Chuck NEARLY as much as Dean does to Dimebag.) My point being, that I love Chuck, I love Rizzo, but to say that this shape belongs to Chuck is kinda (for the lack of a better word) arrogant.
    Saber2th
    Just a bit of info: The B. C. Rich Stealth was designed by Rick Derringer in the early 1980s and introduced to the market in 1983. The Xiphos if anything is a play off the stealth design. But then again if that is in any way true, so likewise is the Jackson Warrior. Personally I love all these guitars and though they are similar I see them each as completely different designs. Keep your eyes peeled for the Ibanez Falchion! Now there is an original design.
    Nirvana00125
    EpiExplorer wrote: Brendan.Clace wrote: Yet an other B.C. Rich crappy guitar with a stupidly high score..... I doubt you've owned one, then.
    Frankly I've found B.C. Rich guitars all overly priced pieces of junk. I have never played a BC Rich that I felt was worth the money, even the cheap ones. They're just not very well made: they're made to look cool, not for quality.
    Municipal Waste
    I saw Marc Rizzo's solo band a couple months ago, and he wasn't playing this guitar. I don't know what he was playing, but it wasn't a BC Rich and he didn't do any gear changes.
    webbtje
    And yet you give the sound a perfect 10?
    LethalOutcome
    In my opinion the sound depends on ingredients that a guitar has. This one has all the necesary tools for an awesome sound. Some years ago I was sure that Korean guitars aren't made as well as American or Japanese models and I never thought about to buy one. But guys, be sure that BC Rich guitars are awesome! I've bought BC Rich Stealth Pro 7 and it sounds incredible! I couldn't find any defect - very qualitative work and it doesn't depend on price.
    BlackDeath92
    SOADriff wrote: I really like the look of this. And this comes from a BC Rich hater. However i think the design is a bit too much of a mimic of an Ibanez Xiphos
    The Ibanez Xiphos is much more pointy and sounds hell of a lot better.
    Im_Broken
    Blargaha
    Does anyone know of the fretboard on this guitar, is it very flat? I'd play one if I could, but my local dealer doesn't bring in other B.C:s than cheap ass 100$
    Shinozoku
    The Stealth has been around since the 80's. The Xiphos has been out for less than 10 years...
    Snake™
    Im_Broken wrote: i spose that this guitar would be cool. but since its a B.C. Rich, its not. its terribly disgusting.
    Way to be judgemental, you're cool.
    Metalplayer616
    The Virtuoso : I wouldn't mind having one, although I am somewhat upset that it is a Marc Rizzo model, don't get me wrong the guy is an accomplished player, but the Stealth belongs to Chuck in my opinion.
    I agree.
    Brendan.Clace
    C_majzer wrote: Brendan.Clace wrote: Yet an other B.C. Rich crappy guitar with a stupidly high score..... its funny when someone bashes a namebrand, when indeed that has nothing to do with the guitar's tone... its the woods & their placement on the guitar which makes the instrument sound the way it does...for example (this has happend before): this guy, which btw was a big Gibson Les Pual fan (hence, these guitars are almost always made as fallows: mahogany body & neck, rosewood board, & sometimes a specific maple top) was giving me shit about my schecter hellraiser (these guitars are made the EXAC SAME WAY) saying it was lacking in quality, much unlike his... whatadipshit... we even had the same pick up scheme HAHA... we actually sounded the same, but this guy was hellbent on brand loyalty & the Les Paul ego (they're great guitars btw) that he jus made himself sound ...well..just plain ****in stupid (these harsh words arent meant towards you, jus saying). -peace
    Trust me My point had NOTHING to do with B.C. Rich. Moreso the fact that every reviewer on this site gives EVERY B.C. Rich guitar (including the $300 models) a 10/10
    SOADriff
    Avl521
    kodadak wrote: that's not cheaper than most 7 strings, my Samick only cost 300 and some Ibanezes go for 400-600 bucks, but they dont have the little extras like a tremolo bar, so maybe it's worth it.
    yeah, I know there are cheaper 7 strings but not with the same specs, Original floyd, neck thru, grover tuners, EMG pickups and an ebony fretboard are the main specs of this one, and most guitars with the same specs are more expensive, off course you can also go with Agiles which are damn good guitars and are very affordable, I think even more than this one.
    kodadak
    IbanezMayhem674
    joshguitarzz wrote: dudes, it's not about the brand of the guitar. it's all about the guy playing the guitar.
    Agree but disagree as well. I've been through so many guitars its ridiculous and theres some sounds you just can't get through with a low end guitar like squires and some low end epis. All in all pretty solid review, not a huge fan of seven strings or EMG's But that's mortally opinion. I like SDs.
    joshguitarzz
    foo_diddles
    I've been wanting a 7 for a while, never tried bc rich before, but I will definitely give this one a play when i get the cash saved up.