Stealth Pro Marc Rizzo 7 Review

manufacturer: B.C. Rich date: 03/30/2010 category: Electric Guitars
B.C. Rich: Stealth Pro Marc Rizzo 7
I believe it is made in korea, the guitar is fairly new. The guitar plays very well, it works for all kinds of metal and sounds amazing.
 8.5
 1,778
review (1) pictures (1) 31 comments vote for this gear:
Stealth Pro Marc Rizzo 7 Reviewed by: Avl521, on march 30, 2010

Features: I believe it is made in korea, the guitar is fairly new, as far as I know made this year (2010), it has 24 Jumbo frets on an ebony fingerboard, Maple neck, 25.5" scale, Mahogany body in a black color, the whole guitar is black including the neck, it's a nice finish, fairly standard. It has an Original Floyd Rose 7, Grover tuners, 1 volume, a 3 way toggle Switch an EMG 707 in the neck and an EMG 81-7 on the bridge position. // 9

Sound: I play mainly metal, a wide variety of sub genres of it, some Acoustic soft stuff and every once in a while songs by Carlos Santana which are very interesting and fun to play in my opinion. I play through 2 sets, one is when there's people home, in which case I play through a practice amp (15") and when there's not I use Marshall Head, a big speaker and an overdrive pedal plus other little stuff like a wah. through the practice amp and pedals it sounds very good, obviously the sound is not the best and I do notice it's kinda lacking and a bit muddy compared to when I play it through the other set, however it sounds very good. Through the "Pro" set, this thing rocks, it's very quiet and when you play it sounds very powerful, the neck pickup is great for clean stuff but also to shred, it has a very clean and full tone that makes shredding very clear and articulate. The bridge pickup is very distorted and chuggy, and those palm muted riffs sound very powerful, I'd say you should stick to metal if you have it but it does other sounds pretty well (blues, hard rock), plus it's a 7 strings so, I bet metal is what you'd mostly play on it but overall it does a very good job clean and an awesome one with distortion. For my style, it's perfect. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came with a good setup, the action was a bit higher than what I usually like so after a bit of setup and Floyd intonation and tuning, it was perfect. No visible or noticeable flaws whatsoever. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I don't play live, for some reason I enjoy playing a lot of songs by my favorite bands and creating my own songs, but I've just never tried playing a gig. However the guitar feels very comfortable and doesn't feel fragile at all. The guitar sounds awesome so I'd play it live without a doubt, however it has a floyd so I wouldn't play without a backup. // 9

Overall Impression: The guitar plays very well, it works for all kinds of metal and sounds amazing. The neck is fast but I have a complaint with it: it's a finished neck, it's not that it's poorly finished or anything, it's just that I prefer unfinished necks, I love the sound it produces, and love the way it plays, I just wish the neck was not finished and then it'd be pretty much a perfect guitar for me, obviously there are some tweaks I'd like to have on it but this is not a custom shop guitar so it's not possible, however it's close to what my "dream guitar" would be. If it were stolen I'd buy it again after killing the *** who stole it not only because it is cheaper than other 7 strings out there but also because it sounds incredibly good and plays really well. // 9

Comments