Tripp Eisen Signature Special Wave Guitar Pack review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Tripp Eisen Signature Special Wave Guitar Pack

Purchased from: Ebay!

This guitar has a very nice, heavey sound. It is perfect for what I play, it is my newest guitar, and has already made an extreme impression on me. I play a with a heavier style (industrial metal/nu-metal, heavy metal ect) and this guitar delivers. I have always had numorous problems with guitars in reguards to the top string drowning out all the other strings, wich could only be solved by tedious adjustments to the pickup, but this guitar hasn't given me even the slightest problems. It sounds great and works great with my equipment. I am currently playing my guitar threw, A DigiTech Grunge pedal, Into a DigiTech RP50 Multi-effects pedal into either my KBA 150 Crate stack (For band playing) or my newest amp, a small 15 watt Peavey "Rage 158" (For Practice, travel ect). This guitar sound's amazing, there are no feedback problems, unwanted humming, or anything of that nature, it handles Pinch harmonics with wonderous ease, something I can't say for all my guitars, and provides anywhere from a deep heavey sound, to a lighter, smoother sound depending on what I want to play.

As I stated earlier, I play a metal style of music generaly and this guitar is an amazing edition to my metal arsonal. I have been playing for a little over 2 years now and I don't see myself giving up any time soon. I currently have three guitars, B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock, wich completely died a few days after the warrantee expired. A Fender Squier Showmaster, wich I still use frequently, and now my newest addition, The B.C. Rich Wave. I play threw a Crate KBA 150 Bass amp (Good luck finding that one, and if you can let me know.) Or a Peavey Rage 158 for practice. I use two DigiTech Pedals, the Grunge Pedal and RP50 Multi-effects pedal. I use Ernie Ball Super Slinky Strings only, I use Fender Medium Picks, and Crate chords. If someone stole this guitar I would freak out and be searching all over the internet to buy a new one immediately, but let us pray that does not happen. I love the playability comfort, but I hate how heavey it is, kind of gets uncomforitable to hold, but that is a small price to pay. I love how the pick ups on this guitar sound, nice and clean with no buzz. Well so far I have been horribley un-impressed with B.C. Rich, every guitar I use of thiers until this one has given me problem after problem, so I compare it to all the other B.C. Rich guitars I have used. I do wish I had the year it was made and where it was made on it, but other than that, no complaints.

This guitar could defeinately withstand Live playing, it is very sturdy, and everythign on it is very solid, I have never had a single problem with it, not one. This guitar will be my new live guitar, based on it's clean sound and sturdyness and lack of technical problems. I would defenatly use it in a gig with no back up and full confidence in the guitar. But keep in mind, all guitars run into problems now and then and so far this guitar hasn't so I'm still waiting to see what's goign to happen.

I didn't get it straight from the factory, I bought it used, but the person Who I bought it from had only played it once or twice and gave up guitar, and based on her beeing a novice with almos tknow knowledge of guitars, the way it was strung, and such things of that nature, I don't believe she made any adjustments. So that said, It appeared to be set up very nicely, pick up are lined up correctly, nech is straight, bridge is even.

It's generaly pretty easy to find this guitar online, unfortunatly, finding information about it is quite a challenge, B\.C\. Rich offers no help, of corse, and due to this I opologize but I can not list where this guitar was Crafter or the year it was crafted. The guitar has 24 jumbo frets on a rosewood rose wood fret board. It has Diamond shaped inlays with the exception of the 12th fret wich features the "Static-X" band logo. It is made of a basswood body and a bolt on rosewood nech. It has a gun metal gray finnish with matching colour headstock. The bridge style of this guitar is Tune-O-Matic with black hardware. It features two BDSM B.C. Rich pickups, two volume control knobs, and one Three-Way Switch. It has sealed Die-Cast B.C. Rich tuners, three on either side of the headstock. The guitar come, when new, with a B.C. Rich Gig bag, 2 picks, One Strap, one Chord, and One poster of Tripp "Rex" Eisen. One last unique factor of this guitar, is the word "hail" silk-screened onto the truss rod cover. For those of you Who do not know, this signature model is that of former Static-X guitarist Tod Salvador, or better known as "Tripp "Rex" Eisen. This guitar is, as far as I can tell, no longer in production.

Kadavreski
    i remember tripp eisen! he got arrested for crimes against children, got off on bail, and ended up getting done for it again a week later!
    gyzer_8970
    The Purple Fury wrote: Jeffray85 wrote: I can't believe bc rich would sponsor tripp after what he did... They did this befor all of that happened, and after it did B.C. Rich pretty much erased all official traces of him fomr thier websites and discontinued the guitar. "Static X blows you guys." "static X sucks." This review isn't about Static-X take your bashing nonsense else where. "The guy who did this review could make it 1 billion times easier to read if he learnt spell..." I know I can't spell anything, but it is written in a way that you know what I am talking about, I jsut noticed there was no review on this guitar and thought maybe someone who was thinking about buyign one would be able to get a user's opinion of it. I'm not trying to set the standard or anything, I'm jsut trying to get it out there. And to everyone who is ranting on aobut how they would never use a guitar that a pedo uses and blah blah blah, Yes, Tripp Eisen was arrested, twice, for having sex with minors, they were both of the age of 14, but he didn't rape them or anything, they were both consentual. It is a shame that you would skip a perfectly good, nice quality, guitar, just because you don't like Tripp. I personaly was a fan of the Wave guitar already, so to get one with the Static-X logo on the 12th fret seems pretty awesome to me. Yes I WAS a fan of Tripp's, He made some bad descisions and was removed fomr the band and lost pretty much everything he had worked for. But jsut because he is a kiddie fiddler doesn't mean he is a horrible person or shitty guitarist, so get over it.
    Sorry dude, but paedos are horrible people, they just might not be horrible guitarists (heck they might be better than non-paedos with all the finger practice they get)
    Aidy Damage
    No way I'd tuch a paedo's guitar. It's just as bad as releasing a Harold Shipman signature guitar.
    dudewithapen
    It's hilarious that by the end of just about anything posted on this site the posts have NOTHING to do with the topic...anyone else see that?
    knotslip
    hey guys dnt dis da guy who wrote this its not his fault he tried to help. man, eisen is a tough case but its a great guitar by the looks of things
    knotslip
    hey guys, come on dnt diss da guy who wrote dis he was tryin to help leave them alone. any way eisen looks like a tough case but looks like a great guitar by the looks of things
    monoxidejackal
    personally i own one of the ****in guitars....i know tripp is a pedo...but his guitar is ****ing wickid personally i think all this tripp bashing that you guys are doing is ****ing stupid...he did his time...the girls had the choice and you people are downing on a great guitarist...so **** you lil pansies
    AU79 XY
    Necro-cide wrote: too bad noone can spell paedophile ;P But yer he had green and black dreads. The guy who did this review could make it 1 billion times easier to read if he learnt spell... =]
    Too bad you dont know about Pedophile Spelling differences http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/paedophile
    t1r2b3
    Ok i know nothing of the case at hand but if what is said is so pedo is not the term one should use rather harsh .Take the time to understand the meaning of words you spew so venomously . . .
    Thrash_fire666
    This review blows cuz of the dumb shits who post but have nothing to say that would be of any use y dont you all go slam this guitar on face book so i can read bout the guitar from people who have played it. you are all useless.
    The Purple Fury
    I wrote this review so long ago... I never really thought it would turn into a discussion about underage sexual intercorse and hate-scat about Static-X... I was just frustrated that when I got the guitar I couldn't find any reviews about it.... *sigh*
    embryo
    Are you people for real??? How can you consider an OBJECT bad, by association with a PERSON? I mean, unless this Tripp guy was diddling little girls WITH his guitar, what is the connection??? And even still..wouldn't just THAT PARTICULAR GUITAR be the infamous one? Mozart and Paganini were lecherous dudes too, but can you honestly say that a Stradivarius violin or Erard piano are bad by association? Seriously...grow up. I play an original custom shop '83 model NJ Series Wave hard tail. I've had it for about 25 years now and it is a part of me. NO, it is NOT for sale. I bought a new NJ Neck-thru series Wave about a year ago for about $450 (not a Tripp Eisen Sig Model), and it's a fraction of the quality as my original custom shop version, but still a nicer axe than most for the same money these days. The peg balance was off a bit, and it needed a hotter bridge PU (mine had Seymore Duncans, not EMG's), but the licensed Floyd Rose on mine is a sweet addition. If the semi-translucent red finish wasn't so beautiful, I'd probably take down all the hard edges into the same bevels as the original, which is much more comfortable and a little lighter weight. Overall, these are very nice guitars..ignore the idiots. BTW...except for the custom shop versions, if it's an older NJ series (80's - 90's) it was built in Nagano, Japan (NJ)... if it was a cutom shop guitar, it was still made in NJ, but sent to California for custom work. Newer NJ series, like pretty much all the others, are manufactured in Korea. If you want a truly special BCR, you gotta get it from Ed Roman in Vegas.
    Bezza27
    Thing is. I really like this guitar even though Tripp is a pedophile who can rot and die. Just a shame they are hard to find. Anyone know how much this will cost nowadays?
    bandido11
    come on 14 and 15 y.o. in my country its allowed to **** at 15. but i guess once again the US takes the price for hypocricy. everything is so pretty on the outside, yet its the country with most teen mooms. get a grip.
    Slanderous
    the 2nd case of him getting charged with sexually assaulting a minor, was when he met her at a 18 and older club, she had a fake id... so that wasn't really his fault, but he did drive like a really long way to meet a 14 year old and have sex with her, so thats really wierd
    Becca138
    nice looking axe, man but honestly no way id play sumthin with Tripps name to it.
    The Red Menace
    It's a damn shame he's a pedophile, Static X are awesome and are stuck with that rep, they're an awesome band, it's a nice guitar as well. Tis a shame, i can't imagine this'll sell to well...
    XxPunkMafiaxX
    i lyk static-X but i aint got a clue wich one is Tripp Eisen? is the the dude wiv the weird hair and the beard thing?
    silentdob
    The "dude wiv the weird hair and the beard thing" is Wayne Static... Cant say I know Tripp either though... Not much of a Static fan though...
    daheck1210
    He usually had dreadlocked hair sometimes pulled into a ponytail. He's seen in at least one video for them (Black and White). Good guitar player and one heck of a showman. Too bad he's a pedophile...
    Necro-cide
    SynysterSlash
    ironman316 wrote: P_Titty wrote: bc rich makes some of the ugliest guitars ive ever seen, and static X sucks. you're cool. not. bc rich also makes come of the best sounding guitars i've ever heard. the $150 cheap warlock has better sound than a $1,000 Gibson I played. I was quite impressed. Tripp's a pedo, we all know. Koichi Fukuda is a BAMF though. That man is sick at guitar.
    There is no ****in way in HELL a 150 dollar warlock can sound "Better" than a 1000 dollar Gibson. You are talkin out of your ass. The only BCRich id buy is the Mockingbird. Static X blows you guys.
    P_Titty
    bc rich makes some of the ugliest guitars ive ever seen, and static X sucks.
    The Purple Fury
    It is a nice guitar, doesn't actually say his name on it. You all are so quick to hate the guitar because it's a "Pedo's Guitar" but it's really just a Wave with the Static-X logo on it. That's about it.
    ironman316
    bandido11
    i bet any rockstar has had their share of 14-16 y.o. girls. About the guitar. its not my taste but still a BC so I bet it rocks