Tripp Eisen Signature Special Wave Guitar Pack Review

manufacturer: B.C. Rich date: 08/09/2007 category: Electric Guitars
B.C. Rich: Tripp Eisen Signature Special Wave Guitar Pack
Known for his no-holds-barred playing style with Static-X, guitarist Tripp Eisen is now represented with a new guitar pack from B.C. Rich. Making it even more special, the guitar itself is the B.C. Rich "Wave" model, making this the first time that the killer shape has been built outside of the B.C. Rich Custom Shop for standard production.
 7.9
 8.8
 2,565
review (1) 39 comments vote for this gear:
Tripp Eisen Signature Special Wave Guitar Pack Reviewed by: The Purple Fury, on august 09, 2007

Purchased from: Ebay!

Features: It's generaly pretty easy to find this guitar online, unfortunatly, finding information about it is quite a challenge, B\.C\. Rich offers no help, of corse, and due to this I opologize but I can not list where this guitar was Crafter or the year it was crafted. The guitar has 24 jumbo frets on a rosewood rose wood fret board. It has Diamond shaped inlays with the exception of the 12th fret wich features the "Static-X" band logo. It is made of a basswood body and a bolt on rosewood nech. It has a gun metal gray finnish with matching colour headstock. The bridge style of this guitar is Tune-O-Matic with black hardware. It features two BDSM B.C. Rich pickups, two volume control knobs, and one Three-Way Switch. It has sealed Die-Cast B.C. Rich tuners, three on either side of the headstock. The guitar come, when new, with a B.C. Rich Gig bag, 2 picks, One Strap, one Chord, and One poster of Tripp "Rex" Eisen. One last unique factor of this guitar, is the word "hail" silk-screened onto the truss rod cover. For those of you Who do not know, this signature model is that of former Static-X guitarist Tod Salvador, or better known as "Tripp "Rex" Eisen. This guitar is, as far as I can tell, no longer in production. // 9

Sound: This guitar has a very nice, heavey sound. It is perfect for what I play, it is my newest guitar, and has already made an extreme impression on me. I play a with a heavier style (industrial metal/nu-metal, heavy metal ect) and this guitar delivers. I have always had numorous problems with guitars in reguards to the top string drowning out all the other strings, wich could only be solved by tedious adjustments to the pickup, but this guitar hasn't given me even the slightest problems. It sounds great and works great with my equipment. I am currently playing my guitar threw, A DigiTech Grunge pedal, Into a DigiTech RP50 Multi-effects pedal into either my KBA 150 Crate stack (For band playing) or my newest amp, a small 15 watt Peavey "Rage 158" (For Practice, travel ect). This guitar sound's amazing, there are no feedback problems, unwanted humming, or anything of that nature, it handles Pinch harmonics with wonderous ease, something I can't say for all my guitars, and provides anywhere from a deep heavey sound, to a lighter, smoother sound depending on what I want to play. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I didn't get it straight from the factory, I bought it used, but the person Who I bought it from had only played it once or twice and gave up guitar, and based on her beeing a novice with almos tknow knowledge of guitars, the way it was strung, and such things of that nature, I don't believe she made any adjustments. So that said, It appeared to be set up very nicely, pick up are lined up correctly, nech is straight, bridge is even. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could defeinately withstand Live playing, it is very sturdy, and everythign on it is very solid, I have never had a single problem with it, not one. This guitar will be my new live guitar, based on it's clean sound and sturdyness and lack of technical problems. I would defenatly use it in a gig with no back up and full confidence in the guitar. But keep in mind, all guitars run into problems now and then and so far this guitar hasn't so I'm still waiting to see what's goign to happen. // 8

Overall Impression: As I stated earlier, I play a metal style of music generaly and this guitar is an amazing edition to my metal arsonal. I have been playing for a little over 2 years now and I don't see myself giving up any time soon. I currently have three guitars, B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock, wich completely died a few days after the warrantee expired. A Fender Squier Showmaster, wich I still use frequently, and now my newest addition, The B.C. Rich Wave. I play threw a Crate KBA 150 Bass amp (Good luck finding that one, and if you can let me know.) Or a Peavey Rage 158 for practice. I use two DigiTech Pedals, the Grunge Pedal and RP50 Multi-effects pedal. I use Ernie Ball Super Slinky Strings only, I use Fender Medium Picks, and Crate chords. If someone stole this guitar I would freak out and be searching all over the internet to buy a new one immediately, but let us pray that does not happen. I love the playability comfort, but I hate how heavey it is, kind of gets uncomforitable to hold, but that is a small price to pay. I love how the pick ups on this guitar sound, nice and clean with no buzz. Well so far I have been horribley un-impressed with B.C. Rich, every guitar I use of thiers until this one has given me problem after problem, so I compare it to all the other B.C. Rich guitars I have used. I do wish I had the year it was made and where it was made on it, but other than that, no complaints. // 9

Comments