Virgin VG1 review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Virgin VG1

I play metal. well I call it metal. A lot of people would call it Different things. Like nu metal, or Hardcore, or w/e other random genres there are. It's heavy, it has distortion, and it isn't anything like those emo/screamo bands. I call it metal. This guitar fits it just under the mark of perfectly. It has a bit more of a brighter tone than the Warlock that I use. It's great for higher tunings like C# and up, but once you put it in anything lower, it kinda sounds like it's straining to keep tone. If that makes any sence. The warlock is great in all tunings I've used, but I keep the Virgin in drop D, and sometimes Standard E, when I'm learning a new scale or chord. It has good feedback, but not the kind that squeels unless your right up next to the amp. It works well with my style once again, I use a lot of pinch harmonics, and it picks those sounds up nicely.

I play metal. I've been Playing for about 2 1/2 years now. I own a Fender Strat, and Austin Strat, a Warlock, and a Line 6 Spider 2. I use E Wave Chords and Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom strings. I would bu yanother one if it was stolen. My guitars and equipment are Very Important to me. I value them over anything else I own. I love this Guitar. I call it My Virgin. as it is a Virgin, and my warlock is "my baby". It was the first guitar I bought with my own money that I actualy worked for. Manual labor, not that pussy fast food resturant stuff. This is a good guitar, but I would recommend playing it at a guitar center or watching a demonstration video before actualy buying it. It has a select sound.

The guitar is sturdy and stays in tune, even in extreme temperatures. I leave my gear out in my jeep a lot of the time. And recently it's been hitting the nineties and it's in a school parking lot so it's on black top. The neck hasn't warped, and the tuning if anything is only a half step flat. It's finish isn't as tough as warlocks. I've hit my warlock on just about everything, and it has only one scratch. Barely visible because it's from my belt so it's on the back. The Virgin fell off my car seat and hit my tire iron. It now has some chips in the bottom. It doesn't change the soudn any, but doesn't look good. It would withstand a Live show, as long as you not throwing it at objects, but anybbody Who respects their gear won't be hitting it on everything. I would trust to play it without a backup, but I wouldn't be able to. I use a couple different tunings, and It takes it a while to get used to a new tuning, but Once it does, it doesn't move.

It came with the bridge pickup alittle higher than ususal, but when I moved it down, it didn't sound as good so I leave it, up, but I did have to lower the neck pickup to get it to sound right. It stays in tune nicely also. Other than the pickups being slightly adjusted weird, it came perfect. It fits your hands perfectly, well at least mine, because the back of the neck is rounded and thick, so it fits into your palm. The toggle switch does make a bit of an extra noise when switching it, but only if your just sittin there and muting the strings, if your in the middle of the song it won't make a sound.

This guitar I believe was Made in 2006, because Last year it said It was brand new on the website. Made in Japan. The maple neck is bolted on with 4 screws to the body. It's an Agathis body, with a beveled Top. Wrap around stop bar tail peice. 2 BDSM Active humbuckers. Volume and Tone knobs, and pickup toggle Switch. Non-locking B.C. Rich tuners. It has scale 24.7 jumbo frets. 24 of them. It came with a cheap guitar L guitar chord.

tdogg12
    my dad bought this guitar... im gonna get in prolly friday. plus, bc rich's dont suck.-isacc newtown haha
    lpu_guy_chris
    i had got myself a NT warlock in the higher end and payed 1500 australian for it and am exceptionaly happy with it, i actualy looked at a gibson sg 61 reissue special and whent "this guitar is shit, im going back to my warlock" thats how much i liked the quality of the warlocks. i only have the standard bc rich pickups in it and its great none the less. dont badmouth bc rich, many bands use them, for example, slipknot, slayer, static-x at one point, dimmu borgir. now they are all highly rated bands for what they do. ive been playing guitar for well over 10 years and have about 8 guitars and i think that the only 2 guitars worth playing are my bc rich warlock and my gibson les paul zakk wylde signiture
    SilentGhost
    Honestly, all the Rich guitars i've seen sucked, but I've never actually seen a expensive Rich guitar. I'm willing to keep my opinion about them at a neutral point because Slayer uses a Rich and well, it has to be good if Kerry uses it
    MrDURPEEDURP
    well, no BC Rich will play the same as another. most people can agree that the BC Rich Warlock Metal Master (extremely low end KK sig [doesn't have a trem, bc rich humbuckers, etc.]) sucks right? well i played one at GC awhile back thru a half decent amp and that thing screamed "I FU[B] [/B]CKING ROCK YOUR METAL WORLD!" lol, its only a 200$ one....so i might get it sometime very soon, and then make it a metal beast =] and Chris from an on the rise metal band named 7TH SON!!! uses a 750$ model, emg 81/60 set i believe, and it just owns your face. its seriously better then an ibanez s body prestige without being modded. its all in if you get a poor made BC Rich, or a good made BC Rich. could be two of the exact same models, but one might be alot better then the other. and SilentGhost, think of Jeff Hanneman too he has the most kickass snow camo sig. ESP =] boy would I kill for that thing.... hehe [QUOTE=Chris Myers32]It's an Agathis body, with a beveled Top. Wrap around stop bar tail peice. 2 BDSM Active humbuckers.[/QUOTE] I didn't know this lower end BC Rich came with ACTIVE PICKUPS :confused:
    _SamuraI_
    Look, I'm all for modding guitars, I do it myself, but is it possible to mod this thing and have it sound halfway descent?? It even looks poorly made in the picture! Although I am a bit biased due to past experiences...but even still.
    Ishiga
    Shut the hell up already. Dave Mustaine started with B.C. Rich. Yeah, they must suck real bad. Mockingbirds, Bichs, and Virgins kick ass. Plain and simple. You go with a bronze series warlock and you're setting yourself up for a budget axe made to look cool and cost jack sh!t. I'd KILL for a BCRich Classic Deluxe Eagle.
    frankiedj
    bc rich has some crazy shapes. and ya some are cheap, but every company has LOW GRADE starters.. but if your lookin for looks and quality, go with ESP. even their budget starters play better than a fender
    closertofreewil
    I don't know why everybody hates B.C. Rich. Thet really aren't bad. I don't own one but I have played them countless times, and I must say I am considering buying one.
    NightEmbers
    very true but now thier all about appearance and at that I dont like ANY if their styles there all stupid
    kcap122
    gotta watch urself around these BC Rich guitars. you could put an eye out with those pointy bits.
    silverburst-sg
    it so mayb bc rich's arent the best guitars in the world for people who cant afford alot for a guitar bc rich is the way to go ( or ibanez rich ever one u perfer) even thought the WMD warbeast has looks and it plays great and it is like 600$ and if you were to play that compared to a 600$ ibanez or jackson etc youd be shocked at how good high quality bc riches are
    Chris Myers32
    My Bad on the Active humbuckers. I didn't mean to type that. I wasn't paying attention, For I was also reading an article on a Jackson. As for the Bronze series not being good guitars. true. If you want a truely good B.C. Rich, then Bye one of the WMD's. They are great. I am more than liekyl going to write a review on one here very soon.
    underoath0902
    My next guitar is gunna b a BCR an im gunna gut the electronics an put in some high end emgs so i have an awesome looking guitar and itll sound great too!!! vg1=$200-300 emgs=$200-250? or something like that...thats for the ZWs...$400-550 for a guitar i think is pretty reasonable...
    nedthehead
    It's great for higher tunings like C# and up
    Id call that a low tuning, and anything above standard to be a high tuning!
    Heat-13
    Metal is awesome! I respect you good review man, a lot of factual info. Jus a s a bit of advise it would be pretty cool if you could add info on the like the playin of the guitar and the feeling you get from doin so... you know what i mean lol ..hail satan..
    Jimbo1990
    i love my BCR i don't like ESP's or jacksons, its just my opinion everyone's entitled to one but most people abuse it.
    NIN&J5
    looks TERRIBLE. i dont care for BC Rich, thay feel like thay were thrown together carelessly
    Fenyx
    guys, what u aren't seeing is the price tag on this guitar. It can be bought for 200 bucks, u really expect a high-end guitar for 200? ur retarded if u do. Its a small price tag for a guitar, so that poor people like me can afford a cool looking stage-guitar.
    sf1102
    I don't see anything wrong with this guitar, for the low price it is very good. It also look really nice (IMO most BCRich guitars look nice btw). If you're gonna compare this guitar with one that cost $2000 and complain about it then just hang urself with some guitar strings or sth
    crazyskater_533
    Black-Metal
    i think the only nice looking bc's are the warlock and the v. but the only lefty bc make is the NT warlock
    Shinozoku
    crazyskater_533 wrote: i used own a bronze warlock, and to tell you the truth, bc rich guitars aren't that great. the only reason they're making profits is because kids that don't know shit about guitar see that one is on sale for 150, so they buy it. and because most of them look cool.
    You're saying that BC Rich guitars are horrible based on your experience with ONE of thier BUDGET model guitars? Okay, I'll admit that nowadays they aren't that great, but in the 80s they stomped ass.
    DagMX
    and you would be one of those kids. Cummon, your not going to get anything worth playing in the bronze series. Step up a bit and you get really good guitars for the money, especially the 2k7 lineup. Your comment is like saying all Fenders suck because you played a fender bullet.
    rancidryan
    lol most bc riches were created by accident the guy in the workshpop just slipped with the jigsaw
    electricfire13
    they aren't horrible for budgets and beginners. And I happen to like the Virgin body... But i play a Jackson Dinky with EMGs now
    ZLocke17
    Next time you wanna say a certain company sucks, maybe play one of their guitars that are made to play. a bronze warlock is a beginner's guitar at best. they are made to attract attention. more expensive models are actually decent. try those. don't trash bc based on one shitty guitar
    creepingjesus73
    Maybe your downtuning problem's caused by the stoptail. If it's the type in the pic, they ain't easy to adjust, so your intonation could be out. Good choice tho; my 17 year old NJ Ironbird bass is still going strong!
    qotsa1998
    This looks pretty cool. Someone did an amazing refinish on this. Honestly tho, id rather have a Mockingbird or a Virgo. Maybe an Assassin.
    SkAsupafly
    yea i dig the mocking bird but ther are so much better guitars for the price.