Virgin VG1 review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Virgin VG1

Purchased from: Jville Guitar

I play mainly death metal, punk, and hard rock, I use a 25 watt peavy vypr, it sounds good in just about any tuning especially drop c and drop b tuning. Its extremely simple to play the neck is made for easy play especially towards to the lower neck for your insane solos and such. I have used many effects on it and the pickups work so nicely that it makes any effect sound extremely good.

Overall its a pretty nice guitar for all forms of rock and heavy metal, I have been playing for almost 2 years now, only thing I wish I had before I bought this guitar was a better amp I would suggest getting a amp with decent or better tone to it such as a Marshall or Line 6 or whatever, I wish it had a Floyd Rose on it that would be extremely nice plus somehow a wammy bar would be cool too.

It would make a good backup guitar live I have used it and its durable enough both physically and in sound for live play. The hardware is extremely durable, in 5 years only thing you'll have to replace unless your a bit clumsy is the strings. As for the finish I'll admit it does not last very long mine has many scratches on its surface.

I have no idea how good it was set up at the factory I bought this guitar used, although the action is extremly nice I usually have it low though. The pickups are in just the right spot they have this durable type of sound to them, only flaw abut the guitar is the finish its extremly easy to scratch up and it has a pretty noisy pickup selector.

year made- not none 24 frets black finish passive pickups 1 volume and 1 tone knob solid top 3 way pickup selector b.c rich passive humbuckers includes a hard case if bought new full scale made in china non-locking tuners

llpinney
    Saying BC Rich sucks is a statement made on sheer ignorance. The Bronze and Platinum Series are low-market, entry-level guitars, and you judge BC Rich on those models... Pick up a US-made BC Rich, and you will eat your foul words. No one can argue that they are some of the finest guitars on the planet.