Warbeast Bloodbound review by B.C. Rich

• Reviewer's score: 5.2 Decent
B.C. Rich: Warbeast Bloodbound

Purchased from: Dolphin Music

The pickups? SH*T, take a crowbar to them if you see BC Rich with these pickups; I mean don't get me wrong, they can do basic rhythm metal easily, but using the higher frets makes the pickups sound like crap, this may be a fault in the wiring, but I can't get the damn cover off anyway so what's the point, I don't think EMG's or anything else will save you here... If you're lucky you can get an okay clean tone on the neck but it takes time to set it up properly.

They say glam rock is all about the looks, well this guitar certainly lives up to that. Maybe you'd look good playing this in a MUSIC VIDEO, but don't use this Live, unless you have too. I play mainly thrash metal; Megadeth, Metallica and Slayer for example, but I will play other stuff including Kings Of Leon, Eric Clapton, and Pantera. I have been playing for just over a year now but I know enough about guitars to know what's good and what's BAD, I got the guitar because I needed one to replace my Really Bad starter guitar, guess what? Which is Also From China. I damn wish I could get a better one, but my parents are not rich nor poor, the guitar was 150 (Around $300 US Dollars) and I can't get a decent guitar until I move out... (I'm 15) If it was lost or stolen? I wouldn't give a sh*t, I'd pity the thief Who took it. And hopefully get something better. The only good thing is the shape, and the red Diamond inlays. I hope to get a BC Rich Assassin PX3T at some point, it costs 450 and has ALL the features of a professional guitar, including Original Floyd-Rose. Don't Buy Cheap BC Rich's.

Will the guitar withstand Live playing? I wouldn't recommend using it to gig, the pickups are bad and the guitar is bad in general. The hardware will last, but the black paint might ware away at the bridge, not too much of a problem. The strap buttons are solid, never had an accident with them yet, I have a good strap too. If I had any other guitars, I'd use this one as an absolute last resort. The finish will not last at the points, easily chips away.

The action is WAY too f--king high, the neck dives so badly that it's impossible to get a nice even action that is completely comfortable. The pickups were adjusted okay, I think so anyway, not too close or far away from the strings I think. The binding was flawed in one area, the neck joint, otherwise it's not too bad. The tuners are quite delicate, especially on the high E, when you tune it, it just spins. The black hardware seems to wear off on the bridge, this is from palm muting, parts have turned silver. The red Diamond inlays look pretty badass, that's a plus I guess. As you'd expect from a pointy guitar, the paint WILL chip. Crappy Chinese paint probably. The nut is properly placed too.

Not sure what year it was made, but it was made in China, which only means trouble. It's a 24 Fret, bolt-on, solid body guitar with a string through body, one 3-way toggle Switch, a master volume, a master tone and two BC Rich's BDSM humbucker pickups (BDSM...Joy...) The body is made of basswood, cheap but does the job. The guitar has a flat top. I pickups are passive, as far as I know anyway. The tuners are BC Riches own ones, not TOO bad, but their not Grover if you know what I mean, they turn too easily too.

CrusaderTrivium
    Why on earth guys? I'm not going to hide it, I hate BC Rich, but WHY? This thing has effectively no features, its arse ugly and it has horrifying pickups (yes I have played one). Advice to n00bs: Don't buy pointy shit because you like pointy shit and Slayer.