Warbeast Bloodbound review by B.C. Rich

• Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
B.C. Rich: Warbeast Bloodbound

Purchased from: RockMeiMei

The sound is weak and dull. I have used it with a Fender Frontman 15watt amp, a Randall RG75 G2 and a Marshall JCM 900 and it sounds terrible through all of them. The guitar was noisy when I got it, but with the EMG's it barely makes any noise. For this kind of guitar you are expected to play metal, and it doesn't do it well. It doesn't do justice to any type of music at all.

This guitar is utter shit. Don't buy it. I have been playing for 3 years approx and I am never again buying or even touching a B.C Rich. If it was stolen I would laugh at the thief, maybe not, but I wouldn't care all that much. I need to have some more words here so: DON'T buy this guitar, it is complete shit and you are going to hate it because it cuts into your knees or legs when you play.

I have played live with this guitar, wasn't that fun. Nothing broke off except some of the black finish at the "fingering" area (I have no idea what this place is called, but it is for example where you would have a pickguard on a les paul). The strap buttons are crap, don't trust them. I would never gig with this without a backup, and I would never gig at all with this since I have saved up and bought a Gibson Les Paul about 1.5 years ago.

The finish is thin and gets scraped off by playing (as my nails glide around where there could be a pickguard when I play.) I changed the height of the pickups, I do this with any guitar so I can't say anything here. There are green pieces of something in the red binding and at some places large white piece in it as well. Flaws: Frets go off the fretboard and will cut your hand. The string holes are misaligned. The tuners go out of tune very quickly. The nut is poorly cut and it isn't straight. The original pickups broke after about a month.

There are 24 frets on a bound rosewood fretboard. The frets stick out on the side of the fretboard on mine. The neck is 25.5" I think. The body and neck woods are basswood, so the guitar is neck heavy. The finish is black as night with red bindings and inlays. The body style is warbeast, which is similar to the warlock. The strings go through the body and the bridge is tune-o-matic. The string holes are misaligned as well. The pickups that it comes with are passive, but I put in EMG's in it, and I currently hate actives because they lack tone and make all guitars sound the same. The sound of the guitar with the original pickups was weak and dull, nothing good at all about this guitar.

evan-simpson22
    I would buy this guitar, play it for about a week, then just keep it under my bed so I can stab anybody that tries to break into my house at night
    rv_phoenix
    You don't need to stab anyone, you just have to show it to the burglar. He'll have a heart attack, thinking he has reached into a tomb, not a human house!
    rv_phoenix
    This guitar is remarkably ugly, it reminds me the sports cars made in the 80s in former socialist countries. Too bad, because EMGs have to sound good anyway.