Warlock IT review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Warlock IT

Purchased from: used

This guitar was made in China in 2009. It has 24 Jumbo frets, 25.5 inches scale, mahogany body, maple neck with bolt-on joint and ebony fretboard. The most interesting thing is that this guitar uses "Invisibolt Technology." It gives you an illusion that you have set-thru neck which is actually joint with 2 bolts under each pickup. Also, it has easy access to upper frets. Tune-o-matic bridge is really good as for me 'cause I don't get along with tremolo bridges. Stock tuners make guitar stay in tune for a long time, they are really one of the best. 2 tone, 1 volume controls and a 3-way selector.

Two passive B.C. Rich BDSM (that's not what you thought about) humbuckers provide really good sound. I played through Roland Cube 20GX. Clean sound is good, not perfect, just good. But who will buy this model to play acoustic songs? These pickups reveal true power when you switch distortion on. For the original price of 500$ they still are good, but it's possible to find new guitar at the same price with EMG's. You can play almost everything you want. You won't regret if you buy this gear, of course, in case you find seller.

Despite this guitar is used it looks almost like new, 'cause former owner almost didn't play it. 3-pieces hard maple neck made me very impressed. I used Jackson JS32 before. Have to say, its neck looked very cheap, comparing to reviewed guitar's neck. Beveled top looks amazing, sometimes I really forget about Chinese origin of this gear. Nice shadow finish also makes guitar look better. Only one problem this paint gets scratches really fast, so you should be careful. Nobody wants to repaint instrument...

This guitar is 12 years old and it is still in good condition, so I think it will have a really long life. It has no problems with hardware and switches, and it's a big surprise for me, 'cause I have bad experience in using Chinese guitars. I use it at home, I played two gigs with it. It still haven't let me down. I even dropped it once - no problems, it is still alive. But I can't give 10, because I use it only for month, so it's hard to say, will it keep on working as good as before, or I will have to repair it.

187$ are small money for good guitar, but if you found new one think twice. Is it worth to be bought for 500$? Almost every manufacturer can offer you same quality and maybe even more for these money. But if I were you, I would buy it. Not just because of cool shape, but because of nice quality. As I mentioned before, it's a nice choice for playing metal. I have nothing to complain about. Great appearance, nice sound. What else do you need? Only good guitar playing skill, which doesn't, unfortunately, sell.
P.S. Sorry for my bad English.

sorokinvjacheslav
    Sorry, a little mistake, guitar was made in 2009. I'm still not accustomed to strange B.C. Rich serial numbers.
    johnbas
    sorokinvjacheslav, i know you as a developer of amazing online music store, good job, i'm your fan forever.
    blooddrunk
    Reviewer rating : 9 ? Babbys first br00tz guitarist detected
    sorokinvjacheslav
    Come on, man, I wrote about guitar for 184$, if I bought a new one, the rating would be about 7
    TenTonHammer
    A lower price doesn't warrant a higher rating, per se. For a rating of 9 people expect a custom shop or high end production model, not a cheap chinese made one. Sure it's nice if you can get it cheap but it doesn't make it sound, look or feel better.
    sorokinvjacheslav
    Seriously? I always rate products depending on the ratio of price:quality, and I'm sure, that most of people do the same.
    rickyj
    That's dumb because the value of $200 is relative to the amount of money a person makes/has.
    dickbasket
    wat If it's really good for a $184 guitar, why shouldn't it have a high rating? The rating should be about quality versus price. If someone's looking to spend ~$200 on a guitar and want the best they can get for that price, how useful would it be if every review was just "cheap piece of crap, 2/10"? By your measure, what's the highest score any guitar under a grand could get? 6? 7?
    HardAttack
    Because probably none of the people who read this article are going to be able to buy the same guitar for $184 used, they will likely have to buy a new one or get it used for a different price. Anyway to the reviewer: most of the people on this website including myself aren't the biggest fans of BC Rich guitars so you can expect to get some flack for this review. If it makes you feel any better about rating the guitar a 9 out of 10 though, I know Mick Thompson from Slipknot used to use one before he switched to Ibanez guitars and I think there's a custom Slayer model for Kerry King or something.
    blooddrunk
    BC rich have the reputation because they put out shitty guitars. youll pay for a pretty shape and shitty components.
    TheLiberation
    2016, proportion of idiots (this really is basic common sense) who don't understand the concept of "rating is relative to price" still massive.
    MH400
    A custom shop Mayones is worthy of a 9. This is more likely a 3.