Warlock IT Review

manufacturer: B.C. Rich date: 04/22/2016 category: Electric Guitars
B.C. Rich: Warlock IT
This guitar is a nice choice for playing metal - great appearance, nice sound.
 6.9
 4.8
 5,095
review (1) pictures (1) 16 comments vote for this gear:
Warlock IT Reviewed by: sorokinvjacheslav, on april 22, 2016

Purchased from: used

Features: This guitar was made in China in 2009. It has 24 Jumbo frets, 25.5 inches scale, mahogany body, maple neck with bolt-on joint and ebony fretboard. The most interesting thing is that this guitar uses "Invisibolt Technology." It gives you an illusion that you have set-thru neck which is actually joint with 2 bolts under each pickup. Also, it has easy access to upper frets. Tune-o-matic bridge is really good as for me 'cause I don't get along with tremolo bridges. Stock tuners make guitar stay in tune for a long time, they are really one of the best. 2 tone, 1 volume controls and a 3-way selector. // 9

Sound: Two passive B.C. Rich BDSM (that's not what you thought about) humbuckers provide really good sound. I played through Roland Cube 20GX. Clean sound is good, not perfect, just good. But who will buy this model to play acoustic songs? These pickups reveal true power when you switch distortion on. For the original price of 500$ they still are good, but it's possible to find new guitar at the same price with EMG's. You can play almost everything you want. You won't regret if you buy this gear, of course, in case you find seller.

// 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Despite this guitar is used it looks almost like new, 'cause former owner almost didn't play it. 3-pieces hard maple neck made me very impressed. I used Jackson JS32 before. Have to say, its neck looked very cheap, comparing to reviewed guitar's neck. Beveled top looks amazing, sometimes I really forget about Chinese origin of this gear. Nice shadow finish also makes guitar look better. Only one problem this paint gets scratches really fast, so you should be careful. Nobody wants to repaint instrument... // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is 12 years old and it is still in good condition, so I think it will have a really long life. It has no problems with hardware and switches, and it's a big surprise for me, 'cause I have bad experience in using Chinese guitars. I use it at home, I played two gigs with it. It still haven't let me down. I even dropped it once - no problems, it is still alive. But I can't give 10, because I use it only for month, so it's hard to say, will it keep on working as good as before, or I will have to repair it. // 9

Overall Impression: 187$ are small money for good guitar, but if you found new one think twice. Is it worth to be bought for 500$? Almost every manufacturer can offer you same quality and maybe even more for these money. But if I were you, I would buy it. Not just because of cool shape, but because of nice quality. As I mentioned before, it's a nice choice for playing metal. I have nothing to complain about. Great appearance, nice sound. What else do you need? Only good guitar playing skill, which doesn't, unfortunately, sell.
P.S. Sorry for my bad English. // 9