Warlock Metal Master review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Warlock Metal Master

Purchased from: Carrols Music

I've not bothered with the included amp and play through a Champ 15 watt amp which suits it very well. It plays nicely in either overdrive or clean. Pinch harmonics are a cinch and I can make some nice tones anywhere on the fretboard. Playing on the low E string sounds a bit funny though. Megadeth, Metallica to The Living End and Slash.

I play stuff from The Living End, Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Children Of Bodom and other stuff and it handles everything nicely. I've been playing for 5 years now but I'm getting to learn shred. If it was stolen I'd get another one or an Ibanez RG. I chose it 'cause it was a reasonable price and the salesperson let me try heaps of guitars and I liked this one the best. I wanted a whammy bar though.

It'll chip if not put in a hard case. I swapped the amp and other stuff for one at the shop. The strap buttons are big and will secure that strap. No backup needed because everything is solid, even though it's a light guitar. It would survive live playing if treated well but the corners have to be taken good care of otherwise they will chip.

Very well set up from the factory but crap strings on it. Pickups were fairly well positioned. The nut is a bit too wide and doesn't look the best but it works. The paint is awesome was well as the neck playability but the graphics are a bit cheesy. The pickups are a tad noisy but you can't really hear it, I'm picky.

Comes with 2 BDSM pickups, 1 tone and 1 volume control with a 3-way toggle switch. Has a wraparound bridge, 24 frets, a 14 watt B.C. Rich amp and some other stuff like a gig bag, strap and picks. Made in China. A maple bolt on neck does the trick with an awesome looking headstock. Has a gloss black finish with a white graphic.

Anderson4292
    john gibson wrote: a guitar that costs less than 700 bucks isnt worth shit when you are a little more experianced than an absolute beginner. you better save your money and buy a more expensive warlock. in the big world of the guitar, the price is the quality. Compared with a simple Gibson les paul studio this guitar ain't woth shit. off course its a good darn thing to start with. oh yeah whoever said a peavey transtube amp sounds well, is so damn wrong. Onley tube amps sound well. ask every artist. transistor amps are just cheaper and good for beginners.
    Well, Mr. I'm-too-good-to-play-a-guitar-that-doesn't-cost-more-than-a- house-for-a-month, any musician will appreciate a guitar, whether it costs 4 from the carboot sale or 3,999.95 from a custom made shop, as long as it plays well. If you personally don't think a guitar is 'worth shit' then don't buy one, but adding comments like that can really lower someone's feeling of self-worth if they own a cheaper guitar. As my Grandmother used to say: "If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."
    mental-m
    Are you a fud or something? If everyones bridge was gong to collapse then they would all be saying "It's shit, my bridge collapsed". You were probably a stupid **** who through it off a building then went to check. My friend has a Bronze series Warlock and adores it. I think I'll get the Metal Master because it's better... isn't it?
    necromaniac
    srpv92 wrote: I own a warlock and it's an absolute piece of shit! the action is horrible on it and how ever much i raise/lower it feels awful! the pick ups are not even powerful! you only get the looks and a cool paint job! You can play better metal on a squir strat!
    **** you, this is the guitar im getting,and it dosn't suck you suck, and you probobly had a bronze edition, and my freind has a fender squire and it kinda sucks. so **** you
    ralleymonkey
    Hey i bought mine atleast 4 months ago and i couldnt be happier with this guitar. I would highly recoment this to any metal guitarist. everything about this guitar is flawless with a sick ass paint job. My friend hates Bc Rich this guitar made him a different person wen we jam he always asks if he can use my warlock
    Saint-Jimmy
    this guitar rocks ASSSSS worth i for a beginner guitar well better then a beginner iis tone is amazing BUY IT hehe
    Saint-Jimmy
    A7Xrulz
    This is a sweet ass guitar and plays awesome. Its a great guitar and you should go buy it
    necromaniac
    a calibre worlock would be nice, those are the more high end ones, from europe. but i'd be happy with this guitar any day, seeing as currentally i havea a peavey rock master, wich a really cheap guitar and it kinda sucks, so im hopping to get this one.
    dutchrockstar
    Im getting this one as my 3rd guitar =D I love modifying guitars 2 get the sound I wish for! I modified a squier 2 sound better gthen a fender and a copy of a gibson guitar, al though that still hasnt beat the power of a gibson, I am getting an original bc rich but Im gonna see what I can do to it =P
    Heckinsweeper33
    Its all about what you like. I think squire strats are the biggest piece of shit guitars ever made. I think the necks sucks, the actions sucks and its just a bad sounding guitar. But thats my opinion. Im getting a warlock soon so ill update about what i think about it
    ralleymonkey
    Silverburst-sg. dude it is a good guitar for beginner or intermediat players alike. but its all about personal preferences and the feel.. i would personally go to your local music store and ask to try it out then see its the right guitar for you.. very comfortable to play sitting down but standing it sits about level and it for me is more difficult to play. pretty solid guitar have had no problems and had mine for quite a while now. Good Luck Man Cheers
    ralleymonkey
    Ya man i bet just thats gunna cost more than i paied for the whole guitar id rather to sell and buy something a better quality. i just had one put on my Ibanez S470 aswell as seymour duncans so im in no position to be putting money in my Warlock
    kfong03
    give this guitar a pair of EMG 81/85's and a floyd rose and this guitar will fking own i bet
    ralleymonkey
    Ok i guess i put my review up too early. Im not bashing Bc Rich and their users im goin on personal preferances. The feel of it was hard to get use to from transfering from my Ibanez S470 and back to the warlock, It didnt live up to what iv herd about it , yes it screams metal but i think im gunna sell this and go for a Jackson Kelly. Great beginner guitar and the price could not be beat!! Rock On!!
    belavista man
    i would like to take this oppotunity to say IM GAY and thats why im no longer in the band rebel. i thought id come out slowly at first so there dont judge me.