Warlock Metal Master review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Warlock Metal Master

Purchased from: Local Store

Ok this guitar is for playing all sorts of Heavy Metal. It has a really great sound that has a lot of power since the pickups have a good output. However I have played all sorts of music and it has amazed me the versatility of these pickups. I use a Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 amp and a Zoom 606 as effects processor. The bridge pickup is ideal for rocking all the way while the neck pickup is good for a clean ryhtmic tone. Combining them gives you a good sound to play soft rock or blues. Clean mode: a bit low tones but good balance. Distorsion on: Hell of a sound, it's great. Bright and sustained, agressive and powerful.

Mostly, I play heavy metal, symphonic and power metal, hard rock, blues and classic rock and this guitar has suited me in every style I've played. It's been 6 years since I began playing guitar and honestly this piece of gear will never leave me. If I ever lose it(hope it never happens) I'd probably buy the Platinum Series of BC Rich since I would like a Premium Guitar, however it wouldn't have the same meaning to me since this BC Rich was my first guitar.

Well, one thing I can say is that when you play this thing Live you'll become a raging beast thirsty of distorted sounds, powerful devastating riffs and lightning solos. It's been 4 years and this guitar is gonna stay with me for a while. You can definately depend on this guitar for whenever you need it.

It was very well set-up at the factory actually, I just had to adjust the brige a little bit so I could play in D tuning. The only problem I have had with this guitar is the headset which is not easy to take care of since it can hit objects easily, one of the screws of the strap-lock and the input which had to be repaired but it cost me like 2.50 USD.

This guitar was bought in 2004 in Mexico City and has been one of the best selections of my life. It's just amazing: 25'5 scale; 24 XJ frets in a Rosewood fretboard; Bolt-on Baswood body and a headset so friggin cool it's just great. It has a Natural Satin finish and painted in black with a tribal artwork that kicks-ass. Tune-O-Matic bridge with Die cast tuners. The classic Warlock form of the body is excelent and very agressive. 2 B\.C\. Rich BDSM humbuckers with good output with 3 way selector. It came with a gig bag, 10W amplifier and special edition Picks.

nikh158
    belavista man wrote: Whoever has hacked my account, I am going to kill with my bear hands!
    Shouldn`t that be paws? Isn`t that what a bear`s hands are called?
    deargod12
    i've had my warlock for 5 years, and it's great. i got it for like $350 brand new. it's awesome, i love it. it's got great tones, both distorted and clean. probably my favorite guitar, other than my fender acoustic or my other electric, an ibanez. it's fun to play stuff like avenged sevenfold or metallica on. sweet looks too
    SkarletKat
    This guitar changed my life. I love it to bits. Mines black n white and I thought it was a girl so I called her Elizabeth =] Overall, worth every penny!
    toeinator
    I really like the shape and decals on this guitar. Doesn't just look mean but you people are saying it also sounds great. Isn't that just a win win situation. BTW- i am a fan of dual humbuckers, modified my strat to have 2 humbuckers instead of 1 and 2 single coils. Sounds good now.
    scotty1991
    and if not this guitar then what other guitars in the same sorta price range but not over 190 / $350
    scotty1991
    hey guitarists, im 17 years of age and looking for my first guitar, I thourght that this maybe a good one after looking at seval guitars (online), I listen to a lot of different genres of music ranging from punk (green day) - slipknot - children of bodom and some realy heavy stuff. After reading this page I am contemplating on whether to get it or not considering that I don't have a lot of money to spend on a guitar. I found an online dealer selling it for 155 approximatley $280 and thourght it was a reasonaly priced guitar for its looks (black and silver) and brand, and now I realy need some help?, so can somebody reaply to this asap please, thanks =]
    g graas
    im probably gonna get one it sounds like its a pretty good guitar to have
    xXLuciusXx
    here's the thing if your gonna buy you first guitar this guitar will impress all of your newbie guitar pals past thet it wont be worth it cause you can save your money for somethen better
    Zecromancer
    It's OK for a beginner practice guitar. A couple of downsides: -Neck pickup sounds muddy as hell -Fragile; DEFINITELY not for gigging -No whammy bar >.< If you want a good, cheap, metal-suitable guitar, get an Ibanez RG120 or something The MM Warlock isn't TERRIBLE, but you can get more bang for your buck with something else.
    ilovebamboo
    I think this guitar is sweeet!! Especially for the price, i am not one with a big budget so this was putting me in debt when i bought it. But i have a les paul Epiphone and this bad boy BC. As far as im concerned i think it sounds awesome, and guitars under $1000 aren't shit!! i've played $3000 guitars before and i much prefer my BC and Epiphone!! This BC rich is great, im not a beginner either. I recommend buying this, and if you want to make it sound even cooler purchase some new pick ups and shizz!
    goblin_king14
    Kirk never played any BC RICH at all, the only styles he plays are Les Pauls, Ibanez styles (ESP's though), and a Strat every now and then. He only endorses Ibanez (pedal), and ESP (guitars), not BC RICH, he has never used a BC RICH. My comments on the guitar, if it's your first fine, but the price tag clearly labels this guitar as well, for medium-advanced players you will notice this is a very mediocre guitar.
    Dave Mustaine did play a B.C. Rich Bich before, though. And it was old footage, so I can see where the mistake could've been made.
    mickjones76
    i just threw up. who buys BC Rich? I have been playing forever, and in many many bands, and have never met anyone at any skill level that play these POS. Even if you must buy an ugly guitar, there are much better choices.
    DSchmitty
    Refugee 595 wrote: I own i warlock and have played others, the sound of the guitars is awsome, the style some people hate, but it looks awsome. Just like the kind Kirk Hammet played
    guilty09
    i have warlock platinum with 2 EMG active pick ups a 81 and 85 playing through a randall rh300.. sounds amazing i play it over my shector any day
    7stringkiller
    Dear Mister John Gibson, anyone whom maybe a little bit technically proficient has the ability to swap pick ups, set action as they find there own sound and buying a guitar for any amount of cash is a matter of budget that all may not have. So instead of acting like and ass and being down right rude to the bulk of guitarists out there try really hard to pull your head from your...nether regions and remember we all begin this adventure at some point!!!
    nikh158
    Shouldn`t that be paws? Isn`t that what bear`s hands are called?
    KainThornn
    Zoom makes some sick sounding tones, one of these days I might get one and see if I can make small birds explode in flight...
    J.J.G.
    john gibson wrote: a guitar that costs less than 700 bucks isnt worth shit when you are a little more experianced than an absolute beginner. you better save your money and buy a more expensive warlock. in the big world of the guitar, the price is the quality. Compared with a simple Gibson les paul studio this guitar ain't woth shit. off course its a good darn thing to start with. oh yeah whoever said a peavey transtube amp sounds well, is so damn wrong. Onley tube amps sound well. ask every artist. transistor amps are just cheaper and good for beginners.
    omg ive never read so much shit in just one comment.... only tube amps sound well? you mean that solid state amps are shit? "ask the artists",jeez what artists do you know then? "price is quality", hell NO. when you are paying for a gibson you are paying for a great guitar indeed, but you are paying soooo much just for the brand!!. Thats ****ing merchandising and you feel into the ands of the brand like a complete idiot. price does not mean quality and some times you can get much better guitars for low prices than 4000 bucks guitars.
    lockless7x
    travd92
    i have a gibson les paul that sounds wonderful, and i have an LTD KH-202 thats only $435 and its sounds amazing. just because a guitar is under 700 dollars doesn't mean it's bad. your comment was severly close minded.
    Domenic28
    i hate bc rich my friend owns this guitar and i find it a lot worse then my ibanez rg the sounds not that great the playability is ok and overall its an ok first guitar but u probably want to get an ibanez or epiphone for first guitar
    howie21
    im not a particular fan of warlocks, but this guitar is sweeeettt!!!
    mosherhamish
    nbmetalmaster wrote: I have this guitar it's the best guitar I have ever tried it makes me quake. For the first 2 hours of pulling it out I could do nothing but look at it. At first I was scared to play this Because I did'nt know if I could live up to it's great looks and sounds. I love it. Buy it een if you're looking for your first guitar. It will not dissapoint.
    u should try getting any of the dean razorbacks . .. . you woul pee urself
    Pizza The Hut
    a guitar that costs less than 700 bucks isnt worth shit when you are a little more experianced than an absolute beginner. you better save your money and buy a more expensive warlock. in the big world of the guitar, the price is the quality. Compared with a simple Gibson les paul studio this guitar ain't woth shit. off course its a good darn thing to start with. [/quote]oh yeah whoever said a peavey transtube amp sounds well, is so damn wrong. Onley tube amps sound well. ask every artist. transistor amps are just cheaper and good for beginners. You sound like one of those douchie Gibson salesmen that lure little children into your gingerbread house.
    Nexus2
    I love B.C.Rich guitars. They have a great sound. I had one, but i broke it and my father buys me a Stagg as a set. Father doesn't know diferents between guitars, and he take the worst guitar in shop with cheap tremolo bar. I play on that.
    spartanfrets
    sounds really good, kind of heavy since this was the first guitar i played that wasn't acoustic. Solid neck and reliable. Must of dropped it 20 times and it still sounds brand new.