Warlock Metal Master review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Warlock Metal Master

This guitar is everything I was looking for! I mainly play Heavy Metal, and Progressive Metal, so I was looking for a nice deep, heavy sounding guitar. The tone of this thing is amazing. I am mainly a rhythm guitarist. I find that I can use the bridge pickup to get more clear concise rhythms, while I use the neck pickup for heavy, thrashing, doesn't matter if you hear every little note rhythms. Although I don't do it myself, this guitar would sound great for leads as well. But the over all tone is what you would expect from such a metal looking guitar. Very deep. Extremely heavy! I currently use it through a Crate G 200w combo, as well as a Peavey Rage 158. Sounds great on either. This guitar single-handedly eliminated the buzz from my DOD Death Metal Distortion pedal. (Which is no small feat, believe me...) I would say this guitar would obviously be great for metal, but would also hold it's own in punk rock, and blues genres as well.

As I stated before I mainly play Heavy Metal, and Progressive Metal. This guitar was everything I asked for, plus some. I have been playing for 18 years. Over the years I have owned a slew of guitars. I have to rate this one my new favorite. If anything were to ever happen to it, I would definitely go and get another. I love the sound, I love the feel, and as an added bonus I love the shape as well. If you are thinking about getting one. I advise you to go for it. I am extremely happy with my purchase.

This guitar is extremely durable. It seems like it will last me an extremely long time. Everything is well built. Nothing seems cheap, or flimsy at all. The strap locks spin a little, but are solid as a rock. I will definitely use the guitar with out a back up. There is nothing in it's design, or the parts used, that would suggest anything would go wrong with it in a live performance. The finish, and the graphic seem extremely long lasting. Barely a scratch on it after being housed in less than hospitable conditions by the previous owner.

The action is great. Low string height, very fast feeling neck. My only concern was the top bolt to the adjustable bridge took some getting used to. It is raised a little. When palm muting you get a different feel than normal. It wasn't horrible or awkward. Just different. The pickups pick up each string perfectly. There were a few dings from the previous owner, Nothing major. Just normal guitar wear and tear.

Made around 2000-2003, in Japan. 24 jumbo 2.7mm frets. 25 1/2 scale. Includes rosewood fretboard, and white pearloid dots. Has a beveled agathis top, and rosewood neck. Painted glossy finish with silver blade graphic. Also has a wrap around adjustable bridge. Has 2 B.D.S.M. B\.C\. Rich humbuckers, 1 volume, 1 tone, and 1 three-way toggle Switch. As well as B\.C\. Rich diecast tuners.

MaNtIc
    cameronol : is this better than the schecter Damien-6?
    No, god no.
    RockItOut!
    I have a question: I don't see anyplace on this great guitar to place/hang my strap! I haven't bought it yet, but i dont see it anywhere on pictures? I really want to stand and play D: this is probably a n00b question xD but please help me! Is it anywhere I can place/hang my strap on this guitar so I can stand and play? Since my nettwork is unstable, plese send your answer to: daschypower@hotmail.com Please! (btw, sorry for my bad english, its three in the morning over here xD)
    RockItOut!
    Cobodomhc wrote: Well, I have one of these amazing guitars. I like it alot, I've had it for 2 years now. The inputs do get loose, I have to tighten them from time to time. The points chipped quite easy, Although it isn't noticable. Other than, my guitar works perfect for me, and I wouldn't give it up for the world. I've had alot of people telling me there all just show guitars, but I had to find out for myself, and I've proved them wrong, but shit they didn't know anything about guitars in the first place, its just what they heard. People and their gossip. I really like this guitar, and if you are deciding weather to buy one or not. I'd say its a good choice. I bought my guitar for about $400 I think in Edmonton. Which I seem to find out they are cheaper than i've paid. But other than money is money. Atleast I got myself something to shred on. \M/
    murphy200910
    I got a warlock off my dad for christmas and anyone who says its bad needs their mind seeing to as it is a legend of a guitar i got the one without the design as i didnt like the design but it still plays,looks,and feels great
    BCRICH7
    i own a bc rich warlock master metal tribal warrior and you are absolutely right (check my profile and you will see the picture of my guitar)
    b_nosy
    To RockItOut! The strap buttons r on the back of the guitar, n this guitar sucks i mean it looks ok n all but the pups suck ass i got a big chip in mine i was rocking out with my friends than it just fell the strap buttons just came off, happend twice!! if u really want this guitar upgrade everything, B.C.Rich rock but this is a poor example
    deathhead1994
    DONT GET THIS GUITAR ! unless your an absolute beginner ,unless this is your first guitar , dont waste your time , its just not worth it , save up for a better bc rich guitar , this one is terrible
    GlazeUno
    All these BC Rich haters need to GTFO! I bought this guitar for $40 from one of those stupid BC Rich haters, Rewired/soldered a new input jack and it plays ****ing amazing. Ive played jacksons, ibanezs(horrible except for Jem), ESPs, and Schecters and this BC Rich Metalmaster warlock is another one of those guitars people really need to get over the gossip[Girl talk] and play it. This guitar can easily be compared to a Hellraiser.Im planning on installing sum Active EMG's to make this guitar more amazing. BC Rich>Ibanez(except for Jem)in my opinion RIP-Chuck Schuldiner & Rev [A7x Drummer]