Warlock NJ Deluxe review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Warlock NJ Deluxe

In my opinion this guitar suits my playing perfectly. Firstly, the EMGs are really HOT while still maintaining clarity and a clean sound - perfect for shred. Another thing I like in EMGs is how easy it is to do squeals and harmonics. That is something a guitar must have for The Music I play. Lastly, the EMGs are very 'noise free'. EMG's are the sound of Bullet For My Valentine, Slayer, Metalicca, Black Tide, and Slipknot.

Overall, this is a decent guitar for both playing at home and live. For me the B.C. Rich Warlock NJ Deluxe is a great metal guitar. If this guitar were stolen or lost I would be sad but I wouldn't fret much since it's easily replaceable. I can compare this guitar to the Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR but with exception that the warlock's got an ebony fretboard. I hope this review helped you.

This axe looks pretty solid and it should withstand Live playing easily. I repeat, everything is solid and properly made. Only fools play without backups but this seems like a very dependable guitar. It is pretty heavy though, but a real man should never whine about that!

I don't know how it was set-up at factory since the store owner sets up all his guitars perfectly to his taste. The pickups were adjusted properly but I lifted them up to get a louder sound and a more "razory" tone. But to each his own. The guitar was flawless. After careful inspection I came to the conclusion that everything was properly done.

This guitar was made in Korea in 2009. It's a 24 jumbo frets on 25.5 scale neck. The neck itself is made from mahogany and the fingerboard is ebony. Body is made from Mahogany and its neck-thru. It has an onyx-black-mirror finish. Body style It's a warlock! The bridge is a double locking Floyd Rose 1000. The guitar is equipped with the active EMG 81/85 set. It has 2 volume controls and one tone control and a three-way switch.