Warlock One W/ Widow Headstock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Warlock One W/ Widow Headstock

This suits my music style pretty well, I like Coheed and Cambria, Pearl Jam, Rush, Metallica, Dream Theatre, Iron Maiden. I am sure this guitar can play these types of bands besides Rush. I am using the Vox AmPlug Metal headphone guitar amp. It is a great combo for me bring my Warlock to school and rock out.

I play progressive and very little metal. I have been playing guitar for over 2 years now. I own an Ibanez starter Acoustic guitar and a Mako traditional. I bought a Johnson reptone 15 amp it sucks though. This guitar has met my expectations and will only satisfy the years to come. I love its shape and overall bad assness it has. Get this guitar if you love crazy guitars.

I am sure this can withstand live playing, The hardware seems like it will last for many years to come, I take good care of my possessions. If I was good enough to play live I don't think I would need a backup guitar. I can trust the strap that I use on this guitar, it hasn't dropped yet at all. The finish is great just straight black and shiny how I like it.

The guitar was set up great, the action is fine for me. The pickups fit perfect. The guitar didn't have any flaws with it, it's perfect. The Bridge looks great and shiny its the best. The wood is good too, I don't really know what the best fretboard wood is but this is fine for me. I think its basswood or something like that. Maybe maple I don't know what it is its just good. The tuning pegs are tight as they should be.

I have no idea of the year it was made, I think it was made in China but not sure at all. It has 24 jumbo frets which is nice for shredding. I got it shipped by UPS and there was no damage at all to the guitar. It has a beveled edge which adds to the style of the guitar. The paint job is great just straight black and shiny how I like. It comes with a tune o matic Bridge which I haven't really messed around with. As for accessories it came with an allen wrench and a cord to plug it into effects pedals, tuners and what not. It has two nobs one for tone and the other for volume.

KingHenrik1967
    and so the elitists are at it again - "your opinion is false, listen to me". Aesthetically... sweet axe.
    BcRichRocker1
    how could u give this a 9.4? this guitar is garbage and i actually like bc riches. play a gibson or esp then rate this guitar.
    Ibanezbass4life
    SilverRock113 wrote: BC Rich fanboy hmm? Because i don't see why this deserves a 9.4. More like in the 6-7 range
    A 6-7 is even too high for this P.O.S. I have one, a metal master, in fact, and the pickups are fried, the necks warped now, and and it's chipping, i'd give it, a -10 out of 10. ALL cheap BC Rich guitars suck! if you want quality and good price, LTD ESP's, Epiphones, and Deans are much better!
    b_nosy
    Hm, cool guitar,iv had a awrlock for over a year now, got it because i got tired of the strat look, its everywhere, so yup rich's have grown on me and it feels weird to play on a strat now, but from my experiance, the hardware will go out within a year, input jack will need to be resolderied, and the strap buttons are good, taken mine to a few gigs n only a string breakage, but haden't vchanged strings because i was too lazy. but overall its an okay guitar
    lizerb
    Well this guitar is the 2nd guitar I bought, I have only been playing for a little over 2 years. So to me this guitar is great.
    whaip
    Marley Tokunaga wrote: blooddrunk wrote: bc rich guitars are poorly made unless you stump up big bucks for the pro models. and even then i woukldnt trust em The build quality on the pro models are actually pretty nice. Not the greatest guitars, but they're not bad either. I'd give a high quality $1500+ BC Rich guitar a 7-8. The Mockingbird is my favorite Rich though... It's just a smidge bit heavy for my likings. Maggot3000 wrote: I would love to see BC rich haters get their hands on a nice model and watch their opinion change. I used to be the same way since all I had ever played were the cheap bronze series. But once I got my hands on a $700 BC Rich, my opinion changed alot. It is the best feeling guitar ive ever played. I've played $1000+ Gibsons that wont even come close. For my style, my BC Rich Stealth is everything I could ask for. I still think Gibbys are better overall guitars. Just the impressive tone and reliable build of the guitars are amazing. They don't do metal very well unless you get the right pups though, so I see why BC Rich is more your style (I'm assuming you play metal). Still though, It's the amp that makes the sound too. People that play metal on a Gibson have the right amp.
    dud, there are tons of Metal Bands that use LP models! And gibson....*cough* explorer, THE metal guitar! ;D
    xGeekers
    Darthkp wrote: First of all, I have no opinion (never played one), but it seems everyone i know who owns a BC Rich sucks at guitar. There's definently a pattern going on here
    Look up a band called Lost In Echoes listen to Poetry. that guitarist plays a BC Rich i dispute your opinion.
    xicetraex
    Leather Sleeves wrote: A buddy of mine has a Warlock. He once told me to punch him if I ever saw him playing it.
    hahaha
    Marley Tokunaga
    Darthkp
    Maggot3000
    Nick-Kavanagh
    This guitar is basically all looks. Pickups are shit. It's okay for a starter guitar but not if you are a real guitarist.
    Datko
    Am I the only one who noticed that the guitar doesn't have the widow headstock?
    blooddrunk
    Charlie4
    Geldin wrote: I think everyone needs to realize that you have to look at the rating relative to the price. A guitar that is $200 but gets a 8.5/10 rating is obviously not up to the same standard as a $500 guitar receiving a 7/10. By the review, this is a decent quality guitar for a low price. If he had paid $500 for it as opposed to $200, he would be singing a different tune (or shrieking it, since it's a BC Rich).
    Pretty much what I said a few days ago (more or less) but also different price ranges so that the rating corresponds to price (price vs quality ratio) etc.
    thegreasefire
    When I bought my Jay Turser Les Paul knockoff, I thought it was the only guitar that I'd ever need too...
    Geldin
    TBFMVRA
    Ibanezbass4life wrote: if you want quality and good price, LTD ESP's, Epiphones, and Deans are much better!
    Don't forget Ibanez's as well! I've got an MBM2 and it is amazing
    Skuzzmo
    whaip wrote: Skuzzmo wrote: If the reviewer has played nothing but shit this will prolly be a huge jump in quality/playability to him/her so yeah, they will give it a high score....and i wouldn't expect them to do anything else tbh so, if you see it like this,...no one should ever write a review. or the reviewer should wait at least 6 months with the review.
    errr.... no.... that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that when you read a review you must have in mind the stand point of reviewer as to whether or not you consider it a valid and useful source of information... At the fear of repeating myself, a new player gets their hands on a cheap piece of crap but to them because it sounds awesome they will rate it highly... a well experienced player gets the same guitar and rates it poorly because he knows better and has a larger knowledge base of intruments.....however, from the stand point of both players their scores, for the same instrumet, are accurate and correct.
    whaip
    Skuzzmo
    whaip wrote: this cheap thing really doesn't deserve this high ranking...
    All relative dude.... If the reviewer has played nothing but shit this will prolly be a huge jump in quality/playability to him/her so yeah, they will give it a high score....and i wouldn't expect them to do anything else tbh