Warlock One W/ Widow Headstock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Warlock One W/ Widow Headstock

Great for my Style. I mainly play metal and I have to say it's defiantly shred worthy. It also has some great cleans for you clean people. I've used this guitar on a Peavey Vypyr 15 and a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 and my friend's Bugera amp. Sounded great on all. I think this guitar is made for heavier types of music and it suites me well. To me the sound varies more on the amp. Played my friends custom made Les Paul that had the 85 and 81 pickups. Didn't feel much of a difference between the 2, besides the fact that the pickups were alot better. I also honestly can say I don't like Les Pauls so that might be another reason why.

Perfect for Metal like Metallica, Trivium, Bullet For My Valentine, Slayer, Testament, and Avenged Sevenfold. I've played guitar for only 5 years, I own a Peavey Vypyr 15, a Peavey Vypyr 60 Sanpera 1 pedal, crappy beginner Silvertone amp, and a Silvertone Strat that my friend and I are working on to make it more beastly. I wish I asked them how much a case would be on top of buying the guitar. If this got stolen I would probably buy a more expensive model like the Kerry King Wartribe, or maybe a beast or mockingbird, heard great things about those guitars.

This guitar can defiantly play at live shows, many people actually complimented the looks of the guitar, said it looks crazy, looks like a beast, which made me feel like I made the right choice. This guitar will last, but if you don't have a case it will get some damage. My bass player's amp fell on the body when we sped over a speed bump, dented the guitar only a bit, I was surprised, I thought my neck snapped cause his amp was heavy like 80lbs heavy. It actually only hit the body and left about a penny size dent, but it is hardly noticeable. Very dependable guitar as long as you at least put some effort into taking care of it.

This guitar was made very well, I actually picked this up when I went to Guitar Center, wanted to try something different than an Ibanez or a Les Paul or a SG. I was so surprised that the guitar wasn't messed with like the tuning wasn't dropped, the pickups weren't messed with. I defiantly liked the body shape something different. Looked at the brand name said, B.C. Rich, my friend said they sucked (well he was wrong) I plugged it in to a amp started playing was so happy so I looked around for more expensive B.c. Rich guitars. Didn't find any except for a used B.C. Rich SOB Beast for $250, 1 problem only one pickup. So I chose the warlock.

Couldn't find where or what year this was made... This guitar is great for the price I paid for it. This guitar has 24 jumbo frets with a rosewood fretboard. Bolt on construction (means the neck is connected to the body by bolts). Has a widow neck, dot inlays, neck is made of maple wood, the body is mahogany. Love the body style of this guitar, great for playing while sitting or standing. Has passive B.S.D.M. pickups. Has only 1 tone and 1 volume knob, and a 3 way pickup switch. Wish it had more tone controls. Has B.C. Rich Diecast tuners. I also really wished this thing came with a gig bag, cause most of the ones I have, did not fit this guitar. So you might want to buy one made for this guitar.

Kriston
    I hate my warlock. I usually play expensive schecters so this thing sucks.
    leb martin
    The warlock isnt that bad of a guitar for only being $150-$200. you can pay the same amount for any other electric guitar, brand new, and it prolly wont come close to it. BC rich's higher end model guitars are amazing, they just arent produced as much as the gibsons. if you actually take care of this guitar, it'll last you. played mine everyday for ver a year, the only prollem ive had is the input jack becoming loose every once in a while.