Warlock One W/ Widow Headstock Review

5.3
 5,474
reviews (3) pictures (2) 29 comments vote for this gear:
Warlock One W/ Widow Headstock Reviewed by: lizerb, on february 24, 2011

Features: I have no idea of the year it was made, I think it was made in China but not sure at all. It has 24 jumbo frets which is nice for shredding. I got it shipped by UPS and there was no damage at all to the guitar. It has a beveled edge which adds to the style of the guitar. The paint job is great just straight black and shiny how I like. It comes with a tune o matic Bridge which I haven't really messed around with. As for accessories it came with an allen wrench and a cord to plug it into effects pedals, tuners and what not. It has two nobs one for tone and the other for volume. // 9

Sound: This suits my music style pretty well, I like Coheed and Cambria, Pearl Jam, Rush, Metallica, Dream Theatre, Iron Maiden. I am sure this guitar can play these types of bands besides Rush. I am using the Vox AmPlug Metal headphone guitar amp. It is a great combo for me bring my Warlock to school and rock out. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up great, the action is fine for me. The pickups fit perfect. The guitar didn't have any flaws with it, it's perfect. The Bridge looks great and shiny its the best. The wood is good too, I don't really know what the best fretboard wood is but this is fine for me. I think its basswood or something like that. Maybe maple I don't know what it is its just good. The tuning pegs are tight as they should be. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I am sure this can withstand live playing, The hardware seems like it will last for many years to come, I take good care of my possessions. If I was good enough to play live I don't think I would need a backup guitar. I can trust the strap that I use on this guitar, it hasn't dropped yet at all. The finish is great just straight black and shiny how I like it. // 9

Overall Impression: I play progressive and very little metal. I have been playing guitar for over 2 years now. I own an Ibanez starter Acoustic guitar and a Mako traditional. I bought a Johnson reptone 15 amp it sucks though. This guitar has met my expectations and will only satisfy the years to come. I love its shape and overall bad assness it has. Get this guitar if you love crazy guitars. // 10

Warlock One W/ Widow Headstock Reviewed by: littleknarfy, on december 13, 2011

Features: Couldn't find where or what year this was made... This guitar is great for the price I paid for it. This guitar has 24 jumbo frets with a rosewood fretboard. Bolt on construction (means the neck is connected to the body by bolts). Has a widow neck, dot inlays, neck is made of maple wood, the body is mahogany. Love the body style of this guitar, great for playing while sitting or standing. Has passive B.S.D.M. pickups. Has only 1 tone and 1 volume knob, and a 3 way pickup switch. Wish it had more tone controls. Has B.C. Rich Diecast tuners. I also really wished this thing came with a gig bag, cause most of the ones I have, did not fit this guitar. So you might want to buy one made for this guitar. // 8

Sound: Great for my Style. I mainly play metal and I have to say it's defiantly shred worthy. It also has some great cleans for you clean people. I've used this guitar on a Peavey Vypyr 15 and a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 and my friend's Bugera amp. Sounded great on all. I think this guitar is made for heavier types of music and it suites me well. To me the sound varies more on the amp. Played my friends custom made Les Paul that had the 85 and 81 pickups. Didn't feel much of a difference between the 2, besides the fact that the pickups were alot better. I also honestly can say I don't like Les Pauls so that might be another reason why. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was made very well, I actually picked this up when I went to Guitar Center, wanted to try something different than an Ibanez or a Les Paul or a SG. I was so surprised that the guitar wasn't messed with like the tuning wasn't dropped, the pickups weren't messed with. I defiantly liked the body shape something different. Looked at the brand name said, B.C. Rich, my friend said they sucked (well he was wrong) I plugged it in to a amp started playing was so happy so I looked around for more expensive B.c. Rich guitars. Didn't find any except for a used B.C. Rich SOB Beast for $250, 1 problem only one pickup. So I chose the warlock. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can defiantly play at live shows, many people actually complimented the looks of the guitar, said it looks crazy, looks like a beast, which made me feel like I made the right choice. This guitar will last, but if you don't have a case it will get some damage. My bass player's amp fell on the body when we sped over a speed bump, dented the guitar only a bit, I was surprised, I thought my neck snapped cause his amp was heavy like 80lbs heavy. It actually only hit the body and left about a penny size dent, but it is hardly noticeable. Very dependable guitar as long as you at least put some effort into taking care of it. // 10

Overall Impression: Perfect for Metal like Metallica, Trivium, Bullet For My Valentine, Slayer, Testament, and Avenged Sevenfold. I've played guitar for only 5 years, I own a Peavey Vypyr 15, a Peavey Vypyr 60 Sanpera 1 pedal, crappy beginner Silvertone amp, and a Silvertone Strat that my friend and I are working on to make it more beastly. I wish I asked them how much a case would be on top of buying the guitar. If this got stolen I would probably buy a more expensive model like the Kerry King Wartribe, or maybe a beast or mockingbird, heard great things about those guitars. // 9

Warlock One W/ Widow Headstock Reviewed by: leb martin, on april 30, 2012

Purchased from: guitar center

Features: Not sure what year, probably from China, its got 24 jumbo frets, it's a nice neck, probably maple. It's thin, but not too thin. It gives it a sold feel. Gloss black finish, I think its basswood. The body style is a classic look of B.C. Rich, and I love it. Very metal looking. Its got a tune-o-matic bridge, 3 way pickup switch, tone and volume knobs. Just a straight forward metal beast. // 8

Sound: It is perfect for my music style, which is mostly OLD Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Iced Earth, Avenged Sevenfold and other metal bands. I have a Peavey Vypyr 15 watt amp, witha DigiTech GNX3 pedal. The amp is great for the guitar, so is the pedal. It has a very crisp tone for the rear pickup, and a smooth warm tone for the front. Pinch harmonics on it sound amazing, it screams. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar is good from the factory, might need a lil adjustment on the bridge, and I adjusted my pickups so I get more clearer sound. The guitar was flawless aesthetically, mirrorlike finish. The wood on the back of the neck is satin smooth, and the finish on the fretboard is nice and even. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The guitar withstands just about anything, solidly built. Played two shows, the body is rock solid, not gonna fall apart on you. Strap buttons are solid as stone, I don't ever have any major problems with it, or even minor ones. I play everyday, and it withstands my aggressive style music. The hardware will last, as long as you take care of it. // 9

Overall Impression: I play metal, and this is a perfect match for the money, I also own an Alvarez artist series acoustic, which is a great guitar. I got what I expected out of this guitar. If it were stolen, I'd probably hunt the guy down. I love everything about it, it might be a tad heavy, but its not troublesome. The only thing I wish it had, is a floyd tremolo. // 9

Comments