WMD Warbeast review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: WMD Warbeast

Price paid: £ 499.99

I play all kinds of Metal/Rock, from Asking Alexandria and Bring Me The Horizon to Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet for My Valentine, and this guitar can handle anything. Cleans sound amazing, but so does insane distortion. My set-up at the moment is an MXR Fullbore Metal pedal, with a Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo and a Vader Cab. The pickups sound AMAZING, better than my friends Duncans! They are very quiet though, compared to other similar styled pickups. This guitar has a huge variety of sounds, so it can handle pretty much any style of music with ease.

This guitar suits my style perfectly, and I love it to death. I have been playing guitar for 8 years, and this is the best guitar I have ever played to date. I also own a Squier Strat from years ago, a couple of mid-high end ibanez's, and an ESP H-100. This is easily my favourite guitar. If it were stolen, I would hunt down the thief and impale him with this guitars amazing headstock. If you are looking for a metal guitar, BUY IT. YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED.

This guitar could definitely withstand live playing, as mine has proved itself over and over. The hardware seems pretty solid, it will last for a long time I am sure. The strap buttons were solid, but I always put straplocks on anyway so that didn't even affect me. I wouldn't se ANY guitar at a gig without a back-up, but I have never had any problems playing gigs yet. The finish will not wear from constant use unless you bang it against things like I did..

The guitar came pretty well set-up straight from the factory. The action was perfect, I have never experienced such low action with absolutely NO fret buzz. The pickups needed raising, but that wasn't hard to adjust. The wiring seems pretty solid, I've had no problems with it so far. One of the strap buttons was loose, but anyone who has a problem with this, doesn't deserve a guitar like this. However, with in 2 months of having this guitar, I managed to take a giant chip out of the lower horn. This is probably my clumsiness, but still.

The BC Rich WMD Warbeast is basically the horns of a Beast and the bottom half of a Warlock. Mine was made in Korea, and I think it was made in either 2009 or 2010. It has a glossy black finish, with red pinstripes on the body bevels. 24 extra-jumbo frets, neck through. The body is made of nato mahogany, the neck is maple, and the fretboard ebony. It has the original Floyd Rose bridge (non-Schaller), and the locking nut as well. 3-way pickup selector, 1 volume 1 tone knob. Passive Rockfield hum-bucking pickups (Mafia in the neck, Fat Ass in the Bridge). Grover Rotomatic Tuners. Mine came with no accessories.

Vypor
    All I can say, is no matter how nice the hardware on a BC Rich is, when I see someone playing one at a show, all I can think of is "douche." I know thats an unfair generalization - but its not my fault.
    Madcarp
    rgman13 wrote: i guess ill state the obvious here,B.C. Rich hasnt made a quality guitar for may years. im no fan of les pauls either but i refuse to believe this guitar out played one. and all im going to say is that the people i see come into my work and look for or get interested in b.c. rich guitars are people who have dont know much about guitars. just my experience and my opinion. but if you like thats all that matters.
    UMM HAVE YOU TRIED AN EAGLE Very nice guitar...
    Lifesbreath
    Hello all I have to say that this guitar is truly a beast it has a great neck a real floyd and the guy I got it from dropped active emg's in it so not only plays well but sounds great as well got it for 300cn what a steal.....Rock on.