Electric Guitar Starter Kit review by Baja

Baja: Electric Guitar Starter Kit

Purchased from: Music123.com

I play mostly classic rock like AC\DC and new rock like Taking Back Sunday and it seems to fit these type of music style quite good. The 5-way selector and the three single coil pickups all pretty much sound the same. There is not much difference between them. There is horrible humming from the cingle coils but if you select it to the bridge/middle pickup location it cancels a lot of that humming.

This was my first electric guitar and it isn't my most recent either. I have a Telecaster that I use more frequently. if it were lost or stolen I would definatly not buy it again. I love the fact that I can do whatever with it and not worry about ruining it because I do not care for it too much says the quality and sound is pretty crappy. I wish it had a humbucker, if it had that I would prolly take better care of it.

I would never use this guitar for a gig or even jamming. I would more then likely be embarrassed playin it for a gig and I dont think it would be reliable enough to play a gig. The strap buttons are quite solid. It doesn't stay in tune well at all, it would come out of tune from playin for 5 minutes, even if I'm not using the tremlo or doin string bends. The finish seems pretty sturdy and hasnt scrathced yet.

The action was horrible when I got it, it took me quite a while to get the action how I wanted it. The pickups all sound the same pretty much. It was quite good from the factory though, except for the action and the cable slot keeps coming loose.

This is a 21 fret electric guitar with a S/S/S pickup cinfiguration, a tremlo, 5-way pickup selector, 1 volume, 2 tone knobs, Strat body. It comes with a 10w Baja amp with clean channel and drive channel and treble and bass knobs. It also includes a gig bag, cable, picks, and a tuner. It is a great deal for the price.

mitchell.kreutz
    A used one of these was donated to my school with some cosmetic damage and a few small nicks on the back of the neak. I put a set of Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys on it and it sounds great and plays great. Allthough nothing can compare to the action of a Standard SG, it has a descent action on it. I was thoroughly surprised with the way the pickups sounded, they have a wide range of tones on them. i have been plugging into a little fender frontman, and I cna play just about anything on it. I would deffinetly recomend it for a starter guitar.
    thebrokensmile
    why dont you read the sign before you start bitching about this guitar. "Electric Guitar STARTER Kit"
    OceanBien
    I just picked up this guitar for $35, and it's extremely good for a Starter guitar. This will be the spare guitar to be used by my kids friends when they're over for a jam. It still had the plastic over the 3-ply pick-guard and tuner. To the kid bitching about it not staying in tune: Try tensile-ing the strings by pulling on them to "stretch" the strings, then re-tune. Take a look at the tremolo bridge, and the original setup has 3 springs, but there is room for two more if you think the string tension is overpowering the tremolo springs. The neck is very fast and the original setup was just about perfect, reasonably low, but could go about .5mm lower. The strings it came with seem pretty reasonable, though I expect this unit to be sweeter with some known quality strings. By the way, this guitar has 22 medium frets, not 21 like tomasdakid14 said. This is probably one of the best starter guitars out there, and compared to the Epi S-210, the Baja has a thinner, hence faster, neck. Does anybody have a service number for the Baja starter guitar?
    bananahammock
    catmat12345 wrote: hey guys hows it goin' i would have to say this guitar is a piece of serious wang! this thing shreds my heavy headbangin' music like it was made to be. i love the amp. the quality construction of this thing really stands out. i get all the looks with this guitar and amp when i play. ive never asked but im sure theyr for all d right reasons. Cette merde est tres chouette! Nathalie s'est lavee apres elle est alle a l'ecole. Nous les avons aime!!! >)(
    even for a started guitar, its ****ing awful for metal. and anything your playing if you think this is good for metal, probably doesnt pass for metal, look at G4M own brand for starter guitars for metal.
    catmat12345
    Adawg#12
    ya this guitar isn't that bad if you get a good amp and a good effects pedal. But still it is a cheap beginners guitar.
    bajasg
    I got this guitar not to long ago and other then the hum with distortion it is great for the price, I use it a lot and compared to some of played in stores it isn't bad.
    nevin021s
    I got a version with a pickup in the bridge as my first electric. Boo. It sucks sooooo badly, a bullet strat would have been way better... The tone pot broke with normal fiddling and ended up breaking the guitar. I just beat it against the ground when im mad now.
    gibber19
    Got this guitar as my first guitar as well. The guitar is absolutely awful. I have not played a single guitar worse than this one (been playing for 2-3 years However, the amp that comes with it is not bad. Well, the amp is also garbage, but if you use a distortion pedal (Digitech or BOSS recommended) you can get the amp to sound just a little better than half-way decent.
    Tsukyumi
    erm, hi, is a stagg guitar good for beginners? I'm not sure if it's of good quality but i bought it off ebay. Wanted to progress from acoustic to electric guitars.
    kurt/armstrong
    This was my first guitar. I wish I'd bought a squier instead. Only use this thing for parts now. The action is horrendous. Still use the amp for my bass, though.
    blondespikes
    who makes this guitar my tech wants to know so we will have an awnser when a coustomer asks . i dosent matter what they soud like when they bring them in to sale my tech makes em all sound good before we put them on the rack . shit he made a sears yamaha sound great.