Metalien iAXE629 review by Behringer

Behringer: Metalien iAXE629

Purchased from: guitar center

It sounds nice, and pretty clean. The two single coil pickups sound the humbucker sound even better when raised/adjusted with a screwdriver, an easy task. In the right hands, and with the supplied overdrive on the Behringer amp, you can get it to scream. I am sure there are better pickups out there, but I would say this guitar sounds fine. The strings are okay and seem like they need to be played a bit to break them in. I was happy to find that this guitar did not need any adjustments as to string height etc, and that the playing action was good (no buzzing). The whammy bar is a basic design, but works. I play most of the time with it taken off, but it's fun to mess with. Again, some Ibanez guitars don't even come with a whammy. The tone, volume, and pickup switches are very solid feeling. it's nice to have all the features of the expensive guitars, and a nice clean sound for $150.

The supplied Behringer guitar amp is fun to mess with. it's not good quality at all, but the overdrive button is really fun. Again, an overdrive button is something you won't get on the more expensive Ibanez metal pak. If you don't have distortion pedals and just want to rock, the overdrive is a nice touch. The gain on it is super hot, so be very careful to your ears. It's just a practice amp so I can't say much bad about it. I would not use it as a preamp to a mixer, but I would mic this amp because it sounds dirty and cheap in a good way. The practice DVD will get you up to speed if you've never played guitar before. You'll be playing chords hopefullly on your first or second session. I would replace the guitar strap if your near 6 feet tall or so, it seems a little small. The tuner is very very good. I found the cable it came with to be very decent, and that's got to be better than the Ibanez Metal Pak's cables I've heard about busting after little use. The picks are nice. The carrying case is also very basic, but will keep it protected from scratches. For $150 you can't go wrong. it's the most fun you can get for this little amount of money. If you need a starter guitar, or a guitar sound in your music, this is a must have. It looks more expensive than it is, and sounds good. Once you pick it up you will be very excited and will enjoy how much fun it is to play guitar. If it were lost or stolen I will buy it again cause I can afford it. If you buy this guitar and peaple ask how much you paid make up a number that way they will be impressed I do that with all my guitars I tell peaple this guitar cost 300$ but I know peaple and it cost me 150$.

This guitar feels like I can play a live show I won't go without a backup. The hardware will last you a long time since it's form Behringer and they master at guitar extras the strap buttons are solid the paint can not come off I had it for a while and when you clean it it looks like new.

The Metalien looks great on first impression. It's all black and has a great shape and the finish is a cut above many other expensive guitars. On closer inspection, however there are some things that I would mention. The finish on the pick guard panel has a kind of plastic over it that can bubbles near screws. That's a minor complaint. You can kind of fix it by pressing down near the screws. I didn't investigate to see if you can remover the plastic or not, but this is a minor issue. Also, the frets on the bottom edge seem a little rough but you won't ever touch this part of the guitar due to the angle. The shark tooth inlay is amazing! This guitar basically looks like a copy of the Ibanez, even down to the hardware, and it really is a quality guitar for the price. Go ahead and compare for yourself. Overall I'd say the design, and finish are an A- very good! Looks expensive.

The Behringer Metalien is an awesome guitar for the price. It looks very good at first impression and sounds great when you plug it into your mixer/amp. It is the best looking guitar in the Behringer lineup. The black on black color scheme and sharks teeth inlay emulate expensive Ibanez guitars. The price for this setup is amazing and I would recommend this package for anyone starting guitar, curious about guitars, or anyone who needs a guitar sound in their music that's not fake & sampled. This is a real guitar.

jason_1986
    dont kid yourslef, sure is cool with the usb but it is far from being a good guitar
    Tango616
    its not that bad of a guitar really, iv had for like 8 months and its lasted me, the action is a little high past the 12th fret but its a perfect starting guitar and it can get some good tones with the right pedal
    Andy2k64
    is the usb function any good i.e. is it actually good for recording onto your pc?
    JaMeZtEr
    About that 'minor complaint' about the plastic on the pickguard... That's not a mistake... You're meant to peel it off after you buy it. It's just so that the pickguard doesn't get scratched or dusty when it's in the store.