Metalien iAXE629 review by Behringer

Behringer: Metalien iAXE629

Purchased from: Stuttgart Computers and Beepers

The sound is suitable for what I like to play but I only keep it in the humbucker because I really don't care for the single-coil. I play metal, experimental, and post-rock and this guitar is suitable for those. The palm-muting is excellent and it really screams when you bend the strings. I like the pickups but I rather have DiMarzios or ESP pickups. I use only distortion and an amp I have a Silvertone amp. When I took my guitar to my friends house and plug it up to his amp, the sound was amazing. The reverb on this shit was awesome. The sound is rich and very versatile for other various of music styles but I still want to replace the pickups. There is really no problem with this guitar. It's almost perfect, it just needs new pickups (and more effects) just to suit my aggressive style.

I have no complaints about this guitar and when I first bought it, I thought that it was probably not going to be very good to use but when I took it home and played it, I was impressed and it really fit me. It was so easy to play and I love it. I made a great choice. I wanted to get the Ibanez RG or the Epiphone Les Paul that were right beside it but I think I'll hold off on those two. For now I just want to focus on this wonderful guitar.

It'll last. I'm sure of it. I don't think that I would need a backup for this guitar (unless I went Hendrix on this guitar). So it's very reliable. It'll last as long as I don't get to crazy with it. It may be lightweight but it'll hold up to my harsh playing style. If anything goes wrong then I'll get it fixed.

I think the luthiers Who made this guitar had their work cut out for them. There's nothing wrong with this guitar and it's comfortable on my shoulder. I had a Silvertone Revolver and it was a heavy, hollow-body piece of shit. It was bad on my back and my shoulder. The Metalien is more lightweight and more comfortable to play because it isn't so bulky. It's a sexy guitar and the black paint is makes it very attractive but somewhere down the road I am going to get it repainted.

The Behringer Metalien is a Strat-style guitar with 24 frets, a solid-body, one humbucker and two single coils with 5-way pickup selector, one volume control and one tone control guitar. It's a beauty and I don't ever wanna get rid of this guitar. It didn't come with anything except for a gig bag. It was missing a whammy bar, but I hate using whammy bars so I really don't care about that.

henkka_potku
    so that is a playable guitar? :O never would've guessed, the guitars that cost around that are usually garbage.
    nickofzo
    garbage ... that is the word i was looking for.. (don't buy that) 2 times playing, and YES youve got an vintage, fretless guitar oh and buzzing sound and worthless software included!!
    SlimG
    I bought 1 of these, so,,,, I'm happy to tell anyone, it's terrible, really poor action, pickups not wired right,sharp edged frets, I know , should have known better,basically the USB sucked me in,it was cheap so no loss,what was I thinking though? I'll build a better beast out of the body.