Metalien iAXE629 review by Behringer

Behringer: Metalien iAXE629

Yes this fits my style of music (alternative all the way to country) I run this on a Boss Ds-1 and a spider 3 and for the most part it is great. Never gotten feed back once on this guitar where as I own a 600 dollar guitar that often does. It has a sort of natural overdrive when you're using the humbucker. The single coils dotn give you much other than quiet clean sounds.

This is a great guitar for almost any stile of music. I've been playing for 2 and a half years mor or less. I own an Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus top and a speciall II but they both give me problems this one never really has.if it were stolen I'd be heartbroken as they don't make this anymore if I'm correct. I'd probably have to say that I only wish it had a Floyd Rose trem and this guitar would be solid gold.

Live playing meh I don't know about THAT but if you're just starting or you just want a kick butt practice guitar this is made for you. The strap buttons aren't a problem as this guitar is EXTREMELY light.the finnish you really have to abuse to get it to mess up. I know this personally. The hardware is nice it will last along time. I'd definately upgrade the pickups, that is if you think you'd play with this live.

This guitar came with action that you'd need a parachute for the way down to the frets. However! I have the action set as low as possible and never once have I gotten ANY fret buzz. The pickups needed to be lowered with the action so no comment there.the nut is garbage and if my investigations serve me right you CANNNOT remove the nut the only way you have tuning problems is if you constantly attack the trem bar.

This guitar is a great beginner-intermediate guitar. It features a maple neck with 24 frets not quite sure about the size of them though. The Finish is just pleain old glossy and black. Howeve if you chipped off the milimeter of paint (I accidentally did lol) you would find a wood bearing a striking resemblance to the necks(maple. te body is for the most part a Strat style wish slightly more flared "C" cuts. Passive electronics and a string-thru Standard trem body. Includes a practice amp starter DVD and a really short amp jack.

Fritze01
    This was my first guitar (I have the USB version), its as good as any other guitar in this price range. I am a computer geek and the USB feature intrigued me. It can play through a normal amp or just through the usb onto a computer, software is included. I feel I got what I payed for and quickly realized that a decent guitar costs about 4 times as much, an awesome guitar ten times as much, plus a decent amp and effects boxes. I think the USB version is best left to the musically inclined geeks, if you just want to get your rock on get the amp model.
    Jin Rukavi
    okay I would like to give you an update on the Behringer Metalien that I reviewed. It's a bloody epic failure. I hate it. I can't get the action low enough. The radius of the nut may be the culprit because as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't match up with the fretboard radius. The pickups have a horrible tone, including the middle and neck pickups. The bridge pickup was a shame IMO. It caused a lot of amp feedback.... though the other reason why that happened a lot is that the guitar isn't a true solid-body.... I really can't explain in words how it's not but all you would have to do is remove the pickguard to see what I'm talking about. I'm already looking to get either an Ibanez RGA32, or a Dean Vendetta 1.0 because of the horrible piece of crap i had to deal with.
    ncacace
    No support for Vista or the new Mac OS. Software never worked. Their suggestion was to install XP. No support - Either blamed the software or the computer - What a joke. Most expensive door stop in the house - Will never by Behringer. You may have got my money for this crap but you will never get one cent more and unlike Behringer you can take my word on that!
    the9breaker2001
    My metalien doesn't even have a USB port, nor any software... Instead, a 1/4" jack. The website doesn't even seem to acknowledge such a variant.
    drgoogs32
    This is my first and only guitar i have grown close to it over the years. its only 160 for the package and is great!! plus is nice with killswitch
    drgoogs32
    henkka_potku wrote: so that is a playable guitar? :O never would've guessed, the guitars that cost around that are usually garbage.
    of course you're not getting a les paul or any really good guitar out of it or it would be alot more this is the best $150 you can get
    Mrfussytabs
    rv_phoenix wrote: Something who plays through a USB is not a guitar. It's just a pathetic piece of firewood, meant to fool people who haven't seen a real guitar in their entire life. I'm stunned how many they are!
    \ it doesnt solely play through the usb connector in case youre COMPLETELY dumb.it has a 4th inch to usb cable which makes recording easier as well as the software accompanied.
    rv_phoenix
    rv_phoenix
    Then why the hell Fender or Gibson don't immediately switch to this amazing addition to a guitar's features? C'mon, man, don't read me from the technical manual. CAN you really make a record with this crap? CAN you actually listen to something recorded with the helpt of this amazing technology? We're talking of guitars here, dude. I might be dumb, but you're completely out of the guitar world, if you can call "a record" something done with this unplayable firewood...