V-Tone Guitar Pack review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Behringer: V-Tone Guitar Pack

Purchased from: Shoppers Advantage

This guitar does not sound very good on the amp I'm using. The amp is the one that it came with, which is a 15 watt V-Tone amp. I play mostly metal and hard rock, but it sounds bad playing about anything. It gets extremely muddy and noisy when you turn on distortion.

This guitar does not really match me, but its all I can afford at the time. I wish I had asked for a better guitar before I bought this. If it were stolen or lost I would definately not get it again but use the insurance money to get something better, probably an ESP or and Ibanez. I wish that it had more frets, and maybe a better tremalo system. Overall, I guess this guitar would be good for a beginning guitarist who does not have a whole lot of money.

I do not think that this guitar will last very hard playing. The strap buttons are fairly solid, but if you move a bit too much they will come loose. I definately would not gig without a backup, but I cannot afford a backup. The finish is probably the best part. It is black and does not wear down.

The guitar setup was ok. The action was low that there was a lot of fret rattle, but with a little time with an allen key fixed that. The pick ups are just that, although they do move a lot. They're not great, but they suffice. Other than that the guitar is not that bad.

This is a extremely cheap guitar from the makers of gutiar amplifiers. It has 22 medium frets, a laminated top, 22 fret maple neck. It has a Strat body, and its bridge is a string-thru body bridge. It has one volume knob and one tone selector knob. It has three single coil pickups. It has a five way pickup switch. Came in a package with a Behringer 15 watt amp, gig bag, cord, strap, picks, and guitar playing instuctions.

rockstar28
    I got this guitar package recently because it was my first guitar and I didn't want to buy something that was expensive just in case playing the guitar wasn't my thing. I highlly recommend this for starters.
    AmplifySilence
    kill emall wrote: get a ESP they rocks!
    Ibanez rocks more, is a good deal for 99$, but i woudnt get it
    darkfire_storm
    i bought this guitar.... i admit, it got me started, but by the end of about 6 months, i figured out what i was missing in a guitar, and i couldnt stand to play it. i guess its alright for a starter, but if you get it, dont go to guitar center and play anything better, or else i cant guarantee youll ever enjoy playing it again.
    darkfire_storm
    and also, if that amp is a smaller version of what other behringer amps sound like, behringer sucks... a lot
    ilovethinlizzy
    I also have this For like 60 ( what i paid for it) its great for starting on. I have an Epi LP now but i still love it. I like 'punked' it up and put stickers on the body and stuck safety pins in it. It Rocks!! The amp is good to and it sounds really 60's old skool when you turn up the volume and gain to 10 and put it on the distortion channels
    inlovewithmusic
    EBGuitar
    dude, i have the original..u know the one that actually looks like a strat, and it plays fine... I did set it up, but its a decent guitar. Someone else made a comment that a guitar under 200 isnt worth it... but my Oscar Schmidt was 150 and that came out of the box playing like a gibson. I also own an actually Gibson ES 3/35 so I know how they play.
    Klayy
    the_extremist00 wrote: i have the amp, but the guitar is different, still a behringer but a better model, i really love my amp, like, ive compared to marshall and Peavey about the same price range, i really dont agree with it sounding bad, it sound like perfect, i dont know if its the same amp but mine is like, the amp god for beguinners V-Tone GM108 30watts
    Oh yeah, that is t3h amp!! best solid state for that price I have played so far. Amazing sound. The amp he has is very good, too, but the guitar is absolutely NOT made for heavy music, so that is why it sounds bad. With an ESP LTD M-50 which is a fairly cheap guitar it sounded like heaven and with with the 30-watt GM it waws even better
    punkerkid!79!
    Klayy: Oh yeah, that is t3h amp!! best solid state for that price I have played so far. Amazing sound Sorry mate but the best 15 watt solid state would be the vox VR15 Hybrids... they are the shizzle when you need a small amp with tone! and joey9 has it right a squier strat pack is the only place to start... (then buy a Les Paul) lol
    yeller56
    The best 15 watt amps are Marshalls hands down. They can sound louder and somewhat better than most 20 watts do.
    archangelmat
    hey guyz i got that pack, it sounds pretty decent, havent used the amp much, but it does pack a punch, try experimenting with the settings, i play the guitar along with a strat they sound almost the same...almost, lol, its true about the strap, it does come lose, dont be harsh, for rock i wouldnt use it, remember a expensive guitar wouldnt make you a better player, that comes with alot of work
    Slayer23222
    Baarmy_Sheep wrote: it's fine if it's your first guitar
    True but if you want something with high quality, then that guitar suck.
    rahbee33
    it was my first guitar. im prolly going to take the amp to school over my fender 250 watt. the guitar was ok to start with. my wiring came all undone after about six months. soooo i repainted it and did some mods. soon im going to look into buying one of those pre-wired pick guards. just as a back up guitar of course.
    universal_man
    this guitar was my 1st choice to bought...but the shop worker asked me to take fender guitar..he said this is better than the v-tone
    94 hours
    this duitar sucks bad. i am planning on using mine for a good "breaking the instruments" show
    GuitarGuitar
    i got this guitar and its is a piece of **** there are no good features at all. even the plast on the body of the guitar didnt peel of properly when i bout it.
    Superkevin
    this guitar is probably the best for beginners. i bought it about 2 years ago and it is still working fine, although i really want a new different one.
    zteini
    So all in all.. instead of making 21 comments, (before i wrote this, 22 or more now i guess) this guitar is ok for beginners, no advanced players would use it, and the amp is a piece of junk in most cases??
    mfkr511
    i was going to get this guitar package out of american musical supply but i decided to stick with good old fashioned music store shopping cause of bheringer's lack of experience making guitars and basses
    XaiRoder
    I started with this guitar - six months of daily use. Although it's since been replaced by a better guitar, I couldn't have asked for more to start off with. Still plays fine. Amp is great too.
    raihidara
    This was my first guitar, and I don't regret getting it. It was fun to learn on, and for its price it sounds great. Once you play a real guitar through a real amp though...it kinda sucks. The guitar itself isn't that bad, it's just it's a bad amp (and you won't realize it until you play on another amp though!). I've since moved up to an Ibanez Iceman and and Ibanez amp...which of course are much better. Okay, to sum up this presentation, get it if you're a beginner!
    Inahrima
    The amps actually quite decent,better than alot of the 'beginner' amps. I bet the reviewer has no idea how to use the EQ and how to set the modelling.
    Dan Steinman
    a friend of mine has the guitar... it's actually an okay guitar, nice and bright, almost like a tele, and a pretty consistent, even tone from string to string. he had a different amp at the time (it sucked anyway) but i played it through my roland micro-cube and it sounded and played all right after i adjusted the action and intonation, both of which were way off (though i don't know if it came like this). the guitar has a bright, twangy personality, but this is essentially a beater guitar with a gnarly tone probably only suited for edgy blues or old-school punk. but hey, throw some band stickers on it and have fun.
    metalhead296
    i started with a squire, my friend had it and i actualy was worse when i played it(by this time i was playing a g&L and gibson guitar though) but the action was extremely high. i prefer the ibanez style set up were the strings practiacaly touch the fret wire.
    Leeviva
    That one was my first guitar, but it had a tube amp with it in the pack. The guitar is OK, and the sound when played with the amp gets alot better when you simply just buy a new instrument cable, the one included sucks donkeyb*****ks.
    joshjhasarrived
    inlovewithmusic wrote: DUDE I MAKE THE SAME FUCKIN MISTAKE ....BUT I GUESS ITS GOOD ENOUGH FOR A BEGINNER .....THE DISTORTION SOUNDS HOOOOORIBLE .....AND IT KEEPS MAKIN THIS FUCKIN HUM...GOD ...
    I know! I'm the lead guitar in tamer of horses' band, the hum is absolutely terrible!!
    acdc_rocks_1992
    i have the v-tone pack and it is an awsome beginner guitar the amp has a good distortion and u can get a way better distortion on that amp with a fab distortion pedal the guitar its self is pretty good its no gibson or anything like that but it is the ultimate guitar for beginners but dont go out and buy it if you use like gibson or any other big company cause then it wont be any good for you but the best thing about this guitar is the price some who is just starting out would be able to afford this pack and the amp sounds good on an epiphone les paul and that hum could mean 3 thing ur two close to the amp 2) ur patch cord sucks or 3) ur strings are to loose
    kissmyaxe9
    the amp is awesome and the guitar has bitchin tone but the intonation sucks.other than that the guitar is a great starter
    vengance302
    I had one of these, and it's built like a mother ****in' tank! For 99 bucks, it's pretty...ok.
    Cobalt Blue
    unless your buying it for like an 8 year old a guitar thats less than 200 bucks just isn't worth it. cheaper amps aren't bad to start with, just don't be looking for an amazing distorted sound.
    the_extremist00
    rockinazn4031
    got the guitar pack. i cant get much distortion, and the five way switch is not working right. but i think the pack is just best for beginners.
    x_themetalfan_x
    I got this as a beginner and still use the amp. The guitar in combination with the amp does nothing exceptionally well, but has a decent clean, bright(ish) tone. The amp coupled with a better guitar, on the other hand, is a lot better. The distortion is kind of muddy, but the cleans are acceptable. Works best with a decent distortion pedal.