V-Tone Guitar Pack review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
Behringer: V-Tone Guitar Pack

Purchased from: Guitar shop

This was my first guitar, as you progress you will want a better one (lasted me year). I play hard rock, some blues and occasional clean. First I used the free amp, until I bought my new Marshall G15RCD. For a guitar of this price the sound is not bad at all. the 5-way toggle enables different pickups for playing (bridge - bassy, mid - both, bridge - lead, brighter sound). It goes without saying that the sound isn't amazing, but for somebody who wants their first guitar, had never played before (like myself), it's a good buy. The pickups are pretty quiet, and the sound will match most styles, but it's designed more for rock/blues than metal.

I don't find this matches my hard rocky, with a bluesy end kind of style well because the pickups aren't very good, but as long as you buy this for a true beginner, it will be a fine starter! If this was lost or stolen I certainly wouldn't buy it again because I'm ordering a far better Epiphone Les Paul Plus, and after a year there is no reason why you shouldn't upgrade to a better buy. I love the fact it looks cool (really) and it has a whammy bar. It's also very light and comfortable, great playability! I hate the fact the pickups are not great. I wish it had better tuners (I tend to re-tune every hour). Overall, this package is an all-round high standard for the money.

The guitar is not strong, simply because it is such a cheap price, the wood is not top quality etc. I have owned this for just under 1 year, only problems are: 2 small paint areas have been scratched, fretboard dirty, but wiped over. I've knocked it over on hard floors a lot, and it's still very sturdy. This guitar probably would withstand liveplaying, if you were so insane as to do it with this! Hardware has lasted well. Durable, but paint comes off fairly easily.

The overall standard of the setup was good, especially for the price. No flaws, nothing wrong with the paint, pickups or fretboard, nothing. The only problem was that the action was to high for my liking, but very easily adjusted with allen key (supplied). Everything else as it should of been. Pickup selector isn't the queitist, does not make a nasty noise when selecting.

This guitar package was bought Dec. 2005, probably made in China, but unsure. 22 medium frets, maple fretboard, with black glossed finish. Strat style guitar, with a thin fretboard. 3 controls: 2 tone, 1 volume, 3 single coil pickups, 5-way selector. Comes with 15 watt amp (ok beginners practice), gigbag, 3 picks and strap.

Muppet
    How can that gutar get more than 1 in sound??? It's the worst piece of crap you can buy. It's even worse than StarSound!
    Jonte_T
    If you think about what you are getting for 99 bucks this is pretty riddiculous, I mean "Should I buy a pair of shoes, new jeans or a guitar with an amp". I don't get why you are writing this review, if I were you I would deny that I actually own a behringer guitar.
    CustomCustom
    hey for $99 it gets you on a fretboard so i salute that but after a year Id say it will impede your progress a better sounding deal is an Agile AL2000 for $159-$199 and a Roland Micro Cube amp
    chain_me_free
    got this pack, was ok when i was a beginner..amp was ok..till i got a bargain on a Roland CUBE 15..which is a really good amp in my opinion as far as 15watt prac amps go
    soad_guri
    I AM FROM URUGUAY I GOT THIS PACK IN 199 USS AND ITS HORRIBLE... THE SOUND IS 3 AND IMPRESSION 2 ... PLEASE DONT BUY THIS GUITAR !!!!
    jermtheworm
    personally i hate this guitar. why? cuz i have one. and its sucks. so im getting an esp ec-50 soon. ive played at my local samash and it rocks. if i was to recommend a guitar. it would be that. esp ltd ec-50. its bad ass.