V-Tone Guitar Pack review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Behringer: V-Tone Guitar Pack

It works alright for punk and ska, but the distortion is light and I would definately recomend other guitars that sound better. The amp as it is, take-it or leave-it, is a simple 15-watt low quality amp. The distort as I said, is not the best, and if you are serious about music, definately get a better amp, or just don't get the package at all. Being a 15-watt, it does not go very loud, in-fact, the tiny Marshall clip on amp, is superior.

Wll, overall, take-it or leave-it, or just leave-it. It's just $100 and it's not the worst set up I've seen. I have a Takamine acoustic and I would play that over this guitar anyday. This guitar is for absolute begginers. I do however like some things, about this set-up. The strings that come on the guitar are actually kind of nice, and easy on the fingers, they last a long time for a begginer guitar seeing as my E1 string has only broken a few days ago. Also the maple fret-board is decent. The look of the guitar itself is good from a distance, and the finish is nice and glossy. Concluding, this guitar should only be used by begginers Who are cheap. If you are a begginer and know that you are going to be serious about music, go get a Yamaha acoustic, or an Epiphone.

I would probably bring a back-up to a live gig, as I don't know if it would stay in-tune when playing metal or hard rock. The cable that came with the amp is very low quality, it cuts in and out, and has a wierd sound after awile, so definately upgrade from the cable that came with it. The strap is junk. It stretched very quickly and now falls off frequently. If you are going to play a Live show, don't use this guitar. And do not even think about useing the pack-in amp. If you want to use the pack-in, just use a megaphone, get a roady to hold it up very close, and it will sound better.

I personally like the finish and paint on this model, it is a deep black with a nice pick guard, I've only had a few months with this guitar, but have had few problems. The wood on the neck has wood-knots, but you cannot feel them while playing, it took way more tune-ups than nessasary to actually get the strings to stay in tune. The bottom few frets on this particular guitar are too long, and the E1 string has gotten stuck under them for some strange reason.

This guitar was presumably made recently in 2007, it has 22 medium frets on a nice feeling maple neck. The neck itself is nice feeling overall, but the strings vibrate on the frets quite frequently. The strings that came on the guitar were solid, they had a nice feel, and were easy to slide up. The pack comes with a gig bag, strap, a set of backup strings, a 15 watt amp and a cable. Also the body is just like a Fender Strat, which I like. There is one volume knob on the guitar as well as two tone knobs.

guitarmike11
    this guitar is alright. This guitar was also my first guitar. i got it for 79.99 but not the best i own
    Electric Hex
    If people are going to write alot they should really review it, not make a 1000 word comment. I considered this guitar for my birthday - 15 in one week The online reviews and research I have done have sort of put me off, I might get a pacifica 012 or a squier bullet. Anyone with these aswell please give me your thoughts. I think the behringer looks pretty good for under 100
    Electric Hex
    AmplifySilence wrote: kill emall wrote: get a ESP they rocks! Ibanez rocks more, is a good deal for 99$, but i woudnt get it
    If you're going to quote him on that then I'll quote you The best guitar make in the world is actually Gibson, most people say it's fender but in my opinion it's Gibson, although ESP and Ibanez are in the top 10 I want to get an ESP Viper white when I'm older.