V-Tone Guitar Pack review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Tone Guitar Pack

Purchased from: www.Gear4music.com

I play all variations of rock from light classic to heavy metal, but personally prefer Indie, punk, metal, things that don't make you want to punch someone afterwards.:) I am currently using this guitar with the amp it came with 15W V-Tone GM108. I heard some bad comments and reviews but what do people honestly expect from a ninety pound guitar pack with a 45 amp and 30 tuner. I thought about getting a Pacifica 012 because I know someone Who has got one and they're ok. Anyway after trying this one out all my worries were gone because it's brilliant. I have heard hundreds of guitars and this one is not rusty, not muddy, and there is nothing wrong with the sound if you tune it properly. I am not sure if this is the V-tone everyone else is reviewing but it says "el toro" on the head and comes with a V-tone amp. The amp is better than any starter I've seen and can be modelled with 27 different combinations on the switches alone, it has 5 dials (low, medium, high, overdrive, master) and sounds perfectly fine with a teeny tiny hum even on full volume. However it sometimes (rarely) gives earpearcing feedback on overdrive mode. This guitar and amp combined together can make good warm and bright sounds aswell as gain relations but cannot handle too much heat on the really heavy modes. This problem can be solved by buying another amp (I suggest Roland Cube 30X) but the guitar is fine. Another good thing about it is the volume of it unplugged, it is actually louder than my acoustic guitar. I have much to say about this model but the reason some people may experience different sounds is because the inside components can be deffected if you live nearby a radio station/electricity pylon or anything that gives out electrical signals. This is probably the reason for my nasty feedback but overall I am impressed with the sound.

I had only owned this guitar for a week when I wrote this review but had played other people's guitars for a little while. I got playing about 2 months ago but have recently started to practice more and more and it's now like atleast 2 odd hours everyday of practice. I wish the supplier could have given me more detail about the product and not made it sound better than it was (of course I know everyone does that, and I knew it would not be "top notch") so that my decision could have been easier. But to be honest, I played a Gibson Les paul the other day worth 1000 and I thought my El Toro sounded better, the Gibson was fully in tune and being played right. Anyway with a pack of an individual value of 200 bought for 90.00 with everything you need in it this guitar is perfect for any starters out there, The only competition for the Behringer El Toro at the same price are the Fender Squires, but forget that Pacifica 012, and the muddy amp that comes with it. Get this one for 50 less. I hope I have inspired readers to make the same decision that I have and wish you all good luck in your guitar playing lives.

The strap buttons are extremely solid as expected and the vinir of the product looks like it could be set fire to without tint damage. I think that if you are playing a gig less than 3 hours you can depend on most guitars, but the strings on this one would probably become out of tune after one whole hour on continous hard play. I have knocked, dropped and spilt coffee on this guitar and it looks brand new, no dents, no scratches and no stains. I am a bit of a nutter and tried to snap the neck knowing I could fix it again if need be and with all my strength it did not break. With this I can safely say that the guitar is suitable to be used in a Live gig etc.

The neck and head of the El Toro are beatifully sanded to the point of where it is smoother than your arm skin, like most guitars. The pickup arrangement is satisfactory with equal space between the two singles and then the double wobbler at the bottom. If you examine the guitar very closly you begin to see faults in it such as tiny millimeter gaps inbetween the saddle and the pickguard, and a sharp colour change in the backside of the lap groove but overall the finish is good. The strings are not of good quality but that can be changed with a few pounds. The pickguard has lots of screws in it which may suggest that it could become loose with time and the saddle is out of line in the most minute measurements. Again, this is not to Gibson quality but I can almost guarantee you will never find a better deal on a new guitar wherever it may be that you look.

This guitar features a rosewood fretboard with 22 standard sized frets, solid wood body, maple neck and sealed chrome machine heads. The body takes the form of a Stratocaster and the pickguard is also laminated with a protective film to prevent scratches, even though it is very durable. This guitar comes in a range of 4 colours; black, scarlet, cream, and sunburst (my colour). The typical Strat has 1 volume control and 2 tone controls plus a five way selector switch and normal pickups. I bought this guitar in a pack that came with a 15W modeling amp, a chromatic tuner, padded gig bag, 3 picks (light, medium, heavy), whammy bar, 2ft lead, strap and leaflets.