V-Tone Guitar Pack review by Behringer

Behringer: V-Tone Guitar Pack

It suits me well, being that I mostly play rock, it rocks along with me just fine. I do not use any effects with it, because I have none. It has very rich sound if you can get the amp settings just right. The sound cracks and pops a bit, but that could a number of things. the sound is actually very good. I would this amp on a Fender Strat.

I mostly just play rock, so the match is good. I have playing a little over a year, I also own a Fender Starcaster. I honestly would not have asked any questions, because what you see is hat you get and this is very true in this case. I would buy something else. I like how it feels good the necks smooth. I didnt get to compare it to other guitars. I wish it had a better bridge. All in all its not a bad guitar for a starter, I dont know why I bought it, besides wanting a different guitar.

The guitar should withstand Live playing providing it has new strings. The hardware can't really be trusted, which is why I don't play it to much. I would not recomend using this guitar for a gig, even though I said it should withstand Live playing. This is a good practice guitar for someone new, but that's as far as it goes, I can't even tremolo pick on, for I have fear I will break a string. When I got it the finish was dung up and scratched, but the finish should last.

I don't know much about this guitar, everything seems ok, but whatever adjustments that needed to be done is already done. As of now though I may need to adjust the pickups. Bridge is fine. The guitar has no flaws now, except for the dings in the finish, the wood seems ok. the volume/ tone knobs are horribly off, they are completly backwards, it says I'm on ten but I'm actually on 2. I will adjust this later.

My Behringer was made in 2004 (I think). It was made in the USA( I think, my friend didn't go into detail.) It has 21 medium frets, and a solid-top. The body is Maple with a black finish. It has a Strat body. Passive electronics is what it came with. It has three single coil pickups. A non-locking tuner, and when I got it off my friend he gave me the gig bag, amp, a new tuner, and a cord.

GitaraFreak
    This was my first electric guitar. It was given to me as a birthday gift, so I didn't have the freedom to choose an electric guitar back then. All I can say is, the guitar is fine. Of course, the quality is much lower than the other branded budget guitars. But with its price tag, I cannot complain. You get what you pay for. I've been practicing with it for years and it's still working, and I've gigged with it once. Bottomline: it's an ok guitar for its price.
    Shootist
    I bought this as well, been using it for about 4 years. I guess if you're a beginner it's quite alright considering the price, but once after a while when you improve, you'll definitely want to replace both the amp and the guitar.
    hamsta_hobo
    if i ever got it, id only use it for "experimentation" its why i have about 5 cheapo strats hehe
    sam7777
    For the price i paid (about 100) it is a very good guitare. That was the first guitare i had and i was completely glad about the guitare.
    Electric Hex
    How do I edit my review, I now soo much more now and have been playing for 9 months instead of the 1 week when I worte it.
    wahwahfighter
    Pro:It is a good deal but only for begginners. The distortion is awesome in the amp. and i like cd input too. Contra:Lot of hum(they are single coil!!) and the whammy bar is horrible. But its just $99!(This was my studying guitar)
    Bob_Sagget
    you all suck get an xavier they are amazing for $150. There strat is EXACTLY like a fender as far as everything except the headstock shape. And by fender i mean american NOT mexican strats. anyone on a tight budget looking for a kick ass guitar go to http://www.guitarfetish.com/ and order their xv870. I shit you not.
    zip983
    the guitar is absolutely awful.... thank god im getting a jackson in a couple of weeks
    JuDe*
    love this guitar my first elec guitar! verry light ! as long as you connect it with an efects pedal you should be sweet!!! and if you lower the string action! verry cheap it served me well and ive had it for about 2 years. i also have an esp mh 50 and i still come back to my behringer
    Tab666
    does anyone else have a problem when you plug it in and it has a hum fit then gets better, but if you move much its hums again?
    rv_phoenix
    The logic behind the guitar packages is simple: we make an unplayable axe, a cable which mass-produces noise, plectrums from the plastic of Chinese B-stock toys, a gig-bag that cannot carry a violin and an amp that sounds like a corrugatd tin-can. We cannot sell anyone of these amazing products alone. So we put them into a beautifully designed cardboard pack, lower our profit from 300% to only 280%, and sell it with a certain discount, as a 'guitar pack' or a 'starter package'. Thus preventing a lot of youngsters to approach the guitar world, after buying our crap. And, from all the starter packs on the planet, Behringer's is the worst. Not even the plectrums are decent!
    dakielster
    Not sure if it's the amp or the pickups but this thing has no variety of sound. When distortion comes into play, it all sounds grungy no matter what setting you use. Bad guitar.