BGS-ETL10S review by Benson

Benson: BGS-ETL10S

Price paid: £ 99.95

Purchased from: Amazon

I currently play in a covers band (indie/rock/funk) and I purchased this as a back up/rehearsal guitar. Like all Strat types, it covers all genres of music. I currently use a Fender Classic 60 watt combo, with no effects. So far, no nasty earth buzzes when plugged. I currently own, 1991 USA Strat and a 2009 Squire Chinese Strat and it certainly measures up to the latter. I can achieve all the fat twangy Strat tones with this guitar. I don't use a trem arm, so I can not comment about this function. All I can say, sounds fine for under a hundred quid!

I play in a weekend jobbing cover band and I don't have and grandeur illusion of Rock Star status, so I'll tell it, as it is! This would be a great start up/secondary instrument and would never measure up to my 1991 USA Strat or would I expect it too! After all, I only paid a tad under 100 for a very respectable Strat copy that looks and feels fine. If you are looking for a back up or a decent beginner guitar, you won't go far wrong with this guitar. This purchase far exceeded my expectations. If this guitar was nicked, I would definitely replace it providing I could get hold of the metallic Red! For the money? Great!

I have only owned this guitar for a few weeks... So far, nothing as dropped off. If I compare this guitar with my Squire Strat, I must say they stand shoulder to shoulder. After reading reviews on the early Benson guitars, I am so glad I picked up a new model. It feels really robust and stays in tune, with this in mind, I would definitely, give it a run out with the band I play with. I have played guitar for some years now and I am mindful of cheap, crappy far eastern copies, however this guitar certainly surpasses those fears! So far so good!

Guitar arrived factory set, however I needed to do some slight adjustments to suit my requirements. Intonation was fine. The pick ups were all levelled, so yet again I needed to make some slight tweaks to suit my needs. Bridge/pick guard/controls all satisfactory, however needed to peel off the plastic cover on the pick guard (fiddly job). The one thing that drew me to this guitar was the metallic finish and I was not disappointed. Body constructed with Paulownia wood (I'll be honest, I've never heard of it), maple neck and rosewood fret board. Feels and looks good for the money!

I recently purchased this Benson Strat style electric guitar from Amazon. After some research, I made sure I picked up a 2013 model. According to other reviews, some of the early models (pre-2009), were pretty pants. However after 2010, apparently Benson upped their game and started producing decent entry level guitars. All post-2010 models have black pick guards (So avoid pre-2009 white pick guard models). My model arrived pretty quick - impressed! - I have to admit I was more than chuffed with the metallic red finish against the black pick guard. It's a real good looker! Guitar eye candy! This as all the features of a generic Strat style guitar.