Les Paul review by Bradley

Bradley: Les Paul

Purchased from: Ebay

I picked up two used Gibson pickups that were USA- Made, deployed on Gibson SG and LP's- they sould great, weren't too hard to add. The guitar itself does it's job nicely, great sound, great sustain from the body, the build has held up perfectly for a guitar that is nearly 40 years old.

Overall, I give it a 9, great guitar, but it's probably best in the hands of someone that doesn't have big hands. They would likely appreciate this as a great build and give it a 10 for being in this kind of shape after nearly 40 years. Playing power chords and soloing- I give it a 10, it's a fast maple neck, very easy playing, but with bigger hands and all the open chords I play, the slightly more narrow neck at the headstock leaves it played less than my acoustic.

40 years old, bought with no pick ups, no electronics, when I put everthing in, soldered the electronics, and didn't need to make any neck adjustments, that spoke to the reliability and durability more than anything else. No issues. From what I have read, this was an Ibanez Japanese build, and they created the brand name "Bradley" (sounded more American) when they were trying to market guitars in the USA in the 70's.

Action is low (although it's an odd thing to rate, as you can set this up yourself), I like it, the fit is great, as this was built when they were directly copying the Les Paul body, and the finish is great for an old guitar. It doesn't look like it's ever experienced a hard drop, which is suprising for a 40 year old guitar. The neck is slightly more narrow than new builds at the top of the neck near the headstock. I have big hands, so it's not perfect for me, but would probably be very well liked for a player that doesn't have relatively large hands.

I purchased this one stripped down, all electronics gone, mid 70's build. I give it a 10, as for the price, I think this was an Ibanez build, clear finish on a nice maple top, solid aged mahagony body, maple fretboard on a Les Paul body. I added new locking tuners, new bridge, new volume and tone knobs to give the guitar a "newer look." I kept the Vintage parts.

Plan009
    This is one of the guitars that led to that lawsuit between Ibanez and Gibson/Epiphone, isn't it?
    velocial
    Why are you reviewing a guitar you basically built yourself? And then giving it a 9.6?
    FriedPatsy56
    does it have a bolt on neck? because if its bolt on, there is one at a local music shop where i live
    Jsteele1408
    So, to re-cap: This guitar was an unpainted, unfinished, gutted guitar originally made by Ibanez, then completely re-finished, and electronically endowed by you, and you're branding it as a "Bradley" guitar. I'm sorry, but this review should not exist. This isn't helpful to anyone by any means, as nobody's going to go out and buy a guitar like this. You've essentially just reviewed your own custom build.
    Jsteele1408
    Nevermind, I hadn't read the part about Ibanez re-naming the company. However, my opinion still stands.
    leftinflinflon
    I would think any 10 rating would be saved for a real Gibson Les Paul that was exceptional among Les Pauls. Otherwise you are saying something very .....silly
    bearsfan092
    What a joke. What is this doing on the front page? You built the guitar yourself basically.
    jannick
    this is... hilarius, awesome and a wicked review. to actually review a guitar you build yourself? nice! and i am not being sarchastic. thunbs up! maybe ill review my les paul... it started out as a soap-bar vintage brand. but i "rebuild" it to fit a couple of alnico humbuckers. ohh yeah. and i screwed a bottle cap-opener on the side. i think ill give it a solid... 8,9
    ciadude2
    jannick
    ciadude2 wrote: I would never give a Les Paul(real or otherwise) anything above an 8(0 being shit, 5 being average, 10 being I creamed my pants - the way the rating scale should be). I know a lot of people follow Gibson religiously but I honestly just don't like the sound enough to really give them more of a passing glance.
    well... i like it... 10 for gibby
    Auriemma
    Funny... the pic you is using is MY pic and MY guitar... and I still have it. Take a pic of your own guitar!