GE3911R review by Bridgecraft

• Reviewer's score: 4.6 Poor
Bridgecraft: GE3911R

Purchased from: eBay

It doesn't sound like a regular Strat. It sounds a lot cheaper but does have a unique sound that can be a bit of fun. There is a lot of feed back. Getting the sound you are looking for isn't always easy, I am using a 15 Watt Ibanez, a Boss Phase Shifter and Blues Driver. The guitar has it's own messy sound. I wouldn't recommend buying it for the sound quality at all.

I play a lot of classic rock, heavy metal, and I try a bit of blues from time to time. I like to play a lot of songs from the '70s and '80s and getting the sounds that I want from the guitar to match what I am looking for from the song I'm playing just doesn't happen. This guitar was great for when I was a beginner but now that I have started to gain some experience and play other guitars and have started to move up this guitar just wont do it. I've had it for 2 years and it is at its ends. I would never plan to buy a guitar like this unless I was to buy it for someone else Who wants to learn.

There is no way this guitar is meant for Live playing unless you plan to destroy it. In fact I plan to take my soldering iron to it in just a few minutes. The pickups have gotten some rusty spots and I think the sound quality is slowing starting to go. The input jack is falling out and the chord must be in a certain position for it to work. I have had a few chips in the paint along with a few minor dents in the cheap wood. But overall it still looks nice and shiny.

The Action was extreamly high when I got it. At the time I didn't know much better so I had a friend try to lower it. Over time I began to know how it all works and the action is still annoyingly high. I have lowered it adjusted everything possible without buying a new guitar and if I put it any lower there is a nasty buzzing sound you get from the frets and the strings. The guitar overall looked nice and was well put together. The neck was bowed when I got it and still, sadly is. The pickups were high and have been lowered. Overall if you get what you pay for and is an alright guitar to learn on. The high action is a bit of a set back though.

The guitar came with no specifications as to where or when it was made. 21 frets on a Rosewood neck. Has a metallic red finish. Whammy bar sits a little high and is a bit uncomfortable at times. I tend to not have it in when I don't plan to use it. Honestly there isn't much to say about the guitar. The tuners were a bit loose when I got it so they needed to be tightened up a bit. The action was set really high.

RageFan1900
    I have one and I like. I only bought it so I could learn to play. I've played other guitars in Guitar Center and I know this isn't cream of the crop, but it gets the job done.
    kaikazebass
    when my fender bass " broke" my mother as a kind gesture bought me a bridgecraft bass i saw the curisve b and thought it would be a total peice but lo and behold its an alright lil bass not a show bass but maybe like a first gig bass but its pretty sqweet now the frets did wear too fast but i converted it to a nice lil frett less with a lil work but hell fretless always kickstail
    ronniejoe1967
    Ok guys I am just learning to play. What I need to know is how is for just a learning guitar. I only paid about 25.00 for it from ebay and I havnt gotten it yet so I guess we will see. Im a poor guy so I really cant afford a better electric.
    ronniejoe1967
    I finaly got this guitar from ebay and its a bridgecraft assassin. So far I have no complaints at all. very easey to play and sounds great. Not bad for a brand new guitar under 60.00
    king666nothing
    I just got one for free from my friend. I love the feel of it. It's so light that I can just lay on a couch and play it while watching TV and it will be pretty damn comfortable that way (well I'm a lazy bitch, whatta ya gonna do LOL). I've always been into more radical shapes and actually used hate the Strat shape 'coz it seemed boring and dull to me. But I recently woke up to this shape. And I don't want to get a Fender or even Squier guitar, because I just need a guitar that I can pick up at any moment, change tuning fast, just try some new riff out and stuff like that. So it's pretty much a "bedroom guitar". My main axe is a Dean Stealth which is pretty heavy and pointy and not even that comfortable when playing sitting down; and it has a locking tremolo so quick tuning change is out of question. So this guitar works for me. And I don't even give a shit about the way it sounds and the overall quality of it. But I definitely wouldn't buy it as my only guitar.