GE3911R review by Bridgecraft

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Bridgecraft: GE3911R

Purchased from: Ebay

Actually, those single coils do give a similiar Strat "quack" sound. I play blues with this guitar; the tinny sound doesn't allow for much. Playing thru a small Peavey Rage 158 amp. And some FX: Zoom 505, DigiTech RP100. I play blues, some classic rock/roll, and country with it. Best suited. Can't play harder rock/metal with this one. Won't cut it.

This is good as is. I'd consider upgrading it; and maybe will, getting better pickups. I'd recommend it to someone. I know others have gotten Bridgecraft guitars, and their experiences were not so good. Maybe I got a "good" model, I dunno. But my personal experience with my Bridgecraft has been good. This particular guitar is a keeper. Hopefully, others will get a B/C guitar that's a keeper as well. Good luck w/ that. Ppl sometimes get Squiers, Epis, whatever, that are either "junk" or good, solid models. It's hit or miss with these lower end guitars, folks. So again, good luck in your search.

Well... playing live? Depends. Playing it like Dimebag Darrell? Maybe it won't hold up. Like Eric Clapton, more mellow? Sure. I'd play this one in dive bars; then, won't have to worry if some drunk person comes up and accidently knocks it to the floor while I'm on break. I don't take my better guitars to lower end gigs. Hardware seems like it'd last as long as one cared well for it. Could replace/upgrade. Maybe will HAVE to. I dunno; it seems fine for the 65 I paid for it. Upgrades can only improve this guitar. Like new pickups, tuners, bridge, strap locks, whatever. The Basic neck and body are fine. One couldn't buy a neck and body separetely for 65 total. Unless it was junk. The neck adjusts fine; the truss rod is good. And the body is fine. Finish, etc.

Had to adjust the neck, bridge saddles, change the cheap strings that came with it. Put on Dean Markley's 10-42; now, sound good. Pickups, had to adjust to my liking. No loose knobs, no loose/damaged anything. Just the aformentioned adjustments. I can do basic stuff; basic fixing/upgrading on guitars. It plays "OK". The Majenta reddish finish gives it a almost pinkish look. Sort of "Metallic" look under the gloss overcoat. But still...

I believe it was made in China; lots of these Strat copies are. Don't know what year, pretty recently I assume, as this one is in like new condition. Frets are avg. Size. 21 frets, Rosewood/Maple, Basswood body, lightwt. Majenta red finish. Sealed tuners. 3 single coils, 5 way switch, everythig just like a Strat. Came with a cheap gig bag, thin. Cheap strap.