JDM88 Review

manufacturer: Brownsville date: 11/07/2005 category: Electric Guitars
Designed with no-nonsense nu-metal in mind, the JDM88 sports a matte black finish and all black hardware. A single cutaway electric with a sculpted top, bolt-on mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard, 3-way switch and volume and tone controls. Loaded with two nasty Brownsville humbuckers.
 9.6
 9.2
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
JDM88 Reviewed by: Brownsvilledj, on november 07, 2005

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Features: it has 22 frets with a rosewood fretboard and mahogahny neck it has amazing humbucking pickups, a sick black metal finish, basswood body, bolt-on neck, a 3-way tone Switch w/volume and tone controls, the bridge style is the adjustable string-thru body design, and it has a single cutaway body. // 8

Sound: If you adjust it into treble using the 3-way you can sound like angus young I swear, I love hard rock so I play this alot. I use a Vintage Fender '68 Princeton reverb, makes me a perfect combo, it is noooisy! on just about any setting, you sound armed for hard rock/blues, if you lower the tone using the tone knob, you can play jazz like there is no tommorow! It makes so many great sounds every time I adjust it. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was in near perfect condition when my dad bought it for me, only an extremely tiny chip of paint was found on the headstock. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The hardware is in exelent condition, strap buttons work fine, I am very reliant on it, I haven't broken a string yet! The finish will stay for a long time unless I mod it because this is one unbelieviable finish. // 10

Overall Impression: As stated before, I play rock and metal and blues this guitar suits all my tastes, I have been playing for about a year, I also own a First Act acoustic and a Danelectro Coral Firefly hollowbody, there isn't anything else I would have asked before buying this. If this were stolen or lost, instead of buying sumthing else I'd hunt down the punks who had the nerve to steal this 'cause this is such a great guitar. I love this guitar and all should buy it, the only thing I hate is that it doesnt have a graphically cool finish but that really doesnt matter and the fact that the frets are a lil too big for me, but that's only because I have small hands, my favorite part about this is the tone knob because I love how I can completely change my sound w/o effects. I comparred this to a Washburn X9 and a Squier Tele, this one looked cooler and had a richer tone then both, the finish was decisive as I would have bought the tele if this was unavalible, but it was and it rocks, the only thing I wish it had was even more tone choices, like built in PodXT effects but I wish that about every guitar. // 9

Comments