Steer review by Burns

Burns: Steer

Purchased from: GAK

I play this guitar through my Laney Extreme 35. This guitar (on the bass setting) can give a really nice bass-y sound. This is ideal for the type of music I play mostly, which is stuff like Billy Bragg, and solo things, and it gives you practically a bass guitar with it. Great for things like that, however it can also play things such as My Chemical Romance, with no problem. Not a great guitar for playing solos, as it is designed to have an acoustic feel, so there is not easy access to the higher frets. I think the most I've been up to is 19 without any problems. But overall, it's a great sounding guitar.

My overall impression is that this guitar is great for whatever you want. Looks slightly strange, but good with the sound hole feature. I love the really great sound you can get with it. I just love everything about it really. Great guitar. I highly recommend it.

This guitar withstands Live playing brilliantly. I've had it 2 years, and there's never been a problem. The strap buttons got a bit loose after the first year, but a bit of tightening with a screwdriver and they've never been a problem since. I would definitely use this on a gig with no backup, as it's such a great guitar, and there's never been a problem with it. The finish has stayed on, and is still looking strong, and great, as I said earlier, the only scratches on it are from when I wore a studded belt, and it went a bit bad.

The guitar was set up extremely well, and when I got it, the action was perfect. I had to move the pickups slightly down, as they were a bit too high, but not a major problem. The guitar didn't have any flaws, and I've had it for 2 years now, and there have been no problems what so ever. The wood is really nice, and with a bit of buffing it, it looks really nice and shiny, great looking guitar, with great action.

The Burns Steer was originally made in the early '80s/late '70s, but as it was very popular, Burns decided to re-make them in 2004. It is made with a maple neck. It has Burns everything. Burns tuning pegs, bridge, pickups. The pickups are; Burns Tri-sonic, and a burns hum buckers. This guitar features a sound hole feature, which gives the guitar a deeper sound, however this is not a semi-acoustic.