Les Paul Custom review by Burny

Burny: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: Redfish music

This guitar is very versatile, I play all genres with Hard Rock my favourite, I use the guitar with a Mesa Boogie EXPRESS 5/50, using an MXR MICROAMP for boost, For more progressive vibes I periodically use a Zoom G9.2TT Guitar processing console. The guitar sound punches well above its weight, The sustain systen opens up a plethora of expressive breath catching aural ecstasies, While, as earlier mentioned, in the inactive mode, it bodes Very well.

This guitar can handle any genre from Jazz to Thrash metal. I have been playing for 30 years, and I bought this guitar by accident. I ordered and paid for a Fernandes Ravelle Elite from Redfish, with a promise of recieving the guitar within a month~After 6 months of waiting, we came to an arrangement of This Burny and a Fernandes Ravelle X. Being Chinese made I was sceptical about The Burny, but I am well impressed with this instrument, A Floyd Rosed Les Paul with a sustainer system, with hard case for 700 is a bargain.

I have had this guitar a year, and it is played constantly, Live and in the studio, The hardware has not tarnished at all, although I always clean the guitar after playing. At Gigs I use My Fernades Prototype as back up, although I only use this for sweep picking songs, Also ensure you have a new 9 volt battery on hand for the active sustainer, The Body finish is far too good for the price, flawless.

The Guitar factory set up was excellent, the Bridge pickup needed to be raised a fraction to accentuate the clean, Rhythm sound. The only Flaw was the neck position guitar strap holder was loose and needed a longer screw to anchor it properly. The workmanship specifications are very high and have exceeded all expectations, The Volume & tone pots are not as responsive as a High end Gibson but are suitable effective.

This is my Burny RLC 80s Les Paul,Manufactured in China in 2009 It has a 22 fret Set in mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard,delicious pearl inlays, The body is of solid Mahogany[45mm]with a beautifully crafted curved maple top[15mm]mine has a Blach high gloss finish, This high gloss finish compliments the Gold Floyd Rose bridge,and gold plated hardware This guitar incorporates a Fernandes sustainer system pickup in the neck[HDP 200]which actively sustains,or gives a haunting harmonized feedback,at any volume level,with the active circuit off,this pick up has the Slashesque "Sweet child of mine"Chiming,full bodied resonance the Bridge pick up is a Fernandes FVH 2002s,which is ideal for clean,lucid rhythm playing My guitar came with a Fernandes hard case.

SkipB
    I have a Burny Les Paul with the Gibson Split parallelogram headstock inlay. How can I ID what model I have?