RLG-50JP SBB review by Burny

Burny: RLG-50JP SBB

Purchased from: A friend

This suits my music which is mainly rock music and some metal. But it would happy play most genres as it is very versatile. I use it with a Line 6 Spider II amp and a crybaby wah pedal. It has a very rich sound with the VH1 pickups that can range from heavenly distorted to a nice bright sound. i.e. I play Civil war, GN'R and also 'the one I love' by R.E.M. I love it! I think the effects help it from the amp models on the spider. Sounds better through a tune amp though.

Well impressed with this guitar. Lovin everything about this guitar. Will upload photos when I can get them small enough to be accessed on this web site. I would be buying an Epiphone again in a hurry If you can't afford a Gibson then look at Burny LP's. They have so much going for them. Only downside is they are aimed and sold for the japanese market so they are harder to come by.

If you look at the spec then your notice it is made to with stand alot. If is a lot heavier than my last axe (Epiphone LP Goth) more of a weight like a Gibson. The black on the string on the tune-o-matic bridge are slowly turning silver through use. The strap buttons are massive compared to the Epi so much so I had to moderifty one of my straps to fit over it. This finish will last the test of time as it has now marks or problems and it must a least be 10 years old already.

This guitar had been gigged a little by someone Who plays lots and owns way too many guitars to justife keeping them all. So the set up was perfect. Nice lowish action with 10 gauge strings on makes for a nice set up. One of those guitar that you can play and play and play. First got it on thursday last week and stayed up most of the night playing it.

I think this guitar was made late '90s in Japan as Burny are a company of Fernandes Guitars for the Japanese market. The set-neck is mahogany with a rosewood fingerboard. 22 frets and mother of pearl inlays. The body has a gorgeous quilted trans black finish on hard maple and mahogany top. The Tune-O-Matic and stop tailpiece bridge style suits the guitar and the VH-1 pickups give it an awesome sound. This has Standard controls of 2 volume and 2 tone knobs plus a three way selector. Finished off with Grover tuners this is a great package

interlefty
    I've got a gibson sg standard which i'm very satisfied with.but I'm telling you guys that all the japanese replicas of gibson such as burny,orville,greco,navigator are just as good as gibsons and some of them even better for a much better price.some of them you'll only find second handed like orville.i'm not sure but I think they've stoped making them.all these guitars are quality and have nothing to do with epiphone replicas!I'm thinkink very seriously of gettingone of them.
    BTKA
    Yer I am think of buying a sustainer to go in it. Some the other model come with it as standard. Sounds like fun!!
    rayq78
    BTKA
    rayq78 wrote: I have a 1989 Burny Super Grade. Better than modern Gibsons. Epiphones are not even close...
    Picture request please!