Dellinger SE review by Caparison

Caparison: Dellinger SE

I play a wide range of music but mostly dabble within the various sub-genres of metal. I'm running the Dellinger through an Engl Powerball 100w head. This guitar offers plenty of tonal variety thanks to the H/S/S pickup configuration and coil splitting. The bolt-on neck joint also means you get as much of that rich mahogany tone as possible. The stock pickups are made specifically for Caparison guitars and they really bring out the guitar's natural tone. The bridge humbucker was a little loose and a fraction noisy so I swapped it out for a Bare Knuckle ceramic Warpig to tighten up the bass and give it a darker edge. Harmonics scream, and there's plenty of sustain, regardless of what you might think about bolt-ons.

If you've never heard of Caparison Guitars before, you better start getting used to the name. Although still a relatively small company, Caparison are growing in popularity as more and more people realise what quality instruments they're producing. I've been playing guitar for over 8 years and so far I'm yet to find a guitar that feels nicer in my hands. The unique headstock design and clock inlays really make Caparison stand out. Definitely worth the cash. If someone stole my Dellinger I'd hunt them down, for sure!

I have no doubts this guitar will stand the test of time. Caparison have a fast-growing list of endorsees which include some big names in metal and all production guitars are made by the same people, using the same methods, as the guitars made for their signed artists.

I bought this guitar second-hand, so I can't really comment on the factory set-up. I can say that the quality of this instrument is outstanding. I've had it for a couple of months now and found no problems. The finish is gorgeous, the inlays are stunning and the frets are without a flaw. In terms of playability I'll continue to say that the neck on this guitar is probably as close to perfect as I think I'll ever find. Although it's a bolt-on, Caparison guitars have a unique heel carve that allows for great upper fret access.

Among the Caparison Guitar products it is a standard guitar with 24 flets and bolt on neck. 2006 model, as Special Edition, has CTS potentiometer volume and upgraded wirings like the professional models. Both Dellinger SE and Dellinger II SE has the push-push switch that works tone control coil splitting immediately between the bridge pickup and neck pickup. This can truly deliver wide ranged sounds for musical diversities.

hermz
    swedish_death wrote: do they guys from soilwork still play caparison?
    Yeah, they do.
    JOLT25 wrote: can this guitar play anything besides metal and not suck total arse?
    Absolutely. They're just played mostly by metal heads because that's where a lot of people first saw them, being used by Arch Enemy, Soilwork, KSE, James Murphy etc. You don't need to like metal to like Caparison
    RG_FANMAN
    i got to play one of these today, and it is seriously the best guitar EVER. BTW, is 1099 a good price for it? it's completely new, perfect condition.
    Chase_Jarvis23
    that guitar is so awesome! there is one of these at my local guitar center that i plan on buying soon. also, its signed by all 5 members of killswitch engage!
    Toolcubus
    When i saw james murphy pull out those high notes while sweep picking the solo in the roadrunner united dvd, i nearly sharted myself... That solo is legend, just hearing it is legend and partly just because he used such a super-jesus guitar!
    Johny Kramer
    Address:451 Route 25A Miller Place,NY 11764 Tel: 631-474-7457 Address:369 Nesconset Hwy. Hauppauge,NY 11788 Tel: 631-979-2990 for New York Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center 11151 Veirs Mill Road, Wheaton, MD 20902-2597 TEL301)946-8808 For Maryland Address: Sokrogen 113 DK-8300 Odder Denmark Tel: +45 86 54 48 96 For Denmark Address: 5a High Street, Cardiff CF10 1AW, Wales, United Kingdom Tel: 029-20-398215 For U.K. Address: 154 Murray Street Gawler South Australia Australia 5118 Phone: 61(0)8 85231018 For Australia/New Zeland
    DeathByStereo23
    actually I think that ESP Custom and Caparison are the best metal guitars out there.HELL YEAH CAPARISON!
    JOLT25
    can this guitar play anything besides metal and not suck total arse?
    Shinozoku
    Sorry for the double- post, but what kind of bridge is that? OFR, Schaller, or something of Caparison's creation?
    Shinozoku
    I saw James Murphy using a Caparison on teh Roadrunner United CD, thought it was killer I'd like to check one of these out.. I actually first heard about them in an article on Killswitch Engage, and thought the same thing, lol!
    hermz
    Just want to say that I didn't write the "Engrish" features section
    Disturbed_EMG
    Someone needs to do a review of the 7-String version of this guitar! I've got 2 6-strings, and I'm thinking the next guitar I egt should be a seven.