Horus-HGS review by Caparison

Caparison: Horus-HGS

The guitar's sound is awesome for playing metal, but also plays great clean and with effects eg. chorus + delay. I'm currently playing it with my Marshall MG100HDFX head and MG420A cabinet. The bridge pickup give rich warm tone great for playing with distortion. The single-coil neck pickup gives great treble and mid-range sounds.

As I play mostly metal and heavy rock this guitar suits my style perfectly. I have been playing for almost six years. I aslo own my custom Strat, Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Marshall MG100HDFX head & MG420A cab, DigiTech Death Metal pedal, samson airless wireless. If it were stolen I'd track the f--ker down and rip his spine out through his ass. I love everything about this guitar, my favourite feature is the devil's tail headstock. Althugh the pickups are great I would probably replace the bridg humbucker with an EMG 85.

I have played Live with guitar a few times now and it still has no surface scratches or defects. All of the screws and hard ware are tight and solid. I gigged it without backup as I knew it would last, I also did not take a tuner as I can rely and trust the floyd roses' tuning stability.

I recieved the guitar in perfect condition, there were no problems with it at all. No scratches, fingermarks or anything. The action of the guitar is great because of the HGS setup. The finis is great glossy yet dark. It fits me and my playing perfectly as it is light yet 'heavy'.

Caparison Horus-HGS is hand-made in Japan. Amzingly, it has 27 Jumbo frets but still retains the standards neck scale. Neck made from Maple. The fingerboard is made from Ebony with Ivory binding. Body-wood is walnut. The finish is pro black satin. The body design is a Super Strat. Schaller Floyd Rose bridge & Schaller Floyd nut. The electronics are passive. The guitar electronics are controlled by one Master Volume knob that is also a Switch for the pickups. Pickup configuration is a single coil in the neck position and a humber in the bridge. Pickups made by Caparison. The tuners are Gotoh. The guitar comes with a Caparison deluxe hardcase and adjustable wrench. The headfstock is the "devil's tail". The inlays are the Caprison logo clocks in pearl/abalone.

sum 41 fan
    High_o has a pint 27 flippin frets? looks gr8. has it got a black polish finish?
    Shinigami1337
    Sacrilege! You are playing a nearly $3000 dollar guitar through an MG. That is not right.
    x Misanthropy x
    god i want these guitars so ***** bad...but there arent any for under 1400....christopher amott made me want to get one of these...i luv the 27 fret/single coil slanted pickup look...kickass
    DeathByStereo23
    OK,he mustn't use the 85 model for metal,but in my opinion the 81 type has a lot of bite and power than the 85.But it's only my opinion.
    RG_FANMAN
    RG_FANMAN wrote: I'm not too sure about the HGS model. It's made of f**king WALNUT. I'd get the regular version, and tune it down. That one is at least mahogony. Have you got any idea what walnut sounds like? It's actually a great tonewood, especially for metal due to it being warm but having plenty of bite.
    I'm not accustomed to hearing walnut guitars. I assumed it was like maple and would be bright. What other guitars are made of walnut?
    hermz
    DeathByStereo23 wrote: trust me for metal you must use the 81 model
    He must use an EMG-81? There's nothing wrong with using an 85 in the bridge. Plenty of people do it with a lot of success. Personally I'd rather not use EMGs at all.
    ArcherTheVMan
    how typical that as soon as killswitch engage announce they have a deal with caparison they start popping up everywhere. it is a nice guitar though a shame you DIDNT TAKE A TUNER, let me get this into peoples heads: floyd roses can NOT counter act the effects of temperature and humidity change on a guitar, they MUST be tuned before playing because after leaving your warm house to go for the gig the guitar will likely get cold, which causes the wood and metal to shrink which will render it fairly out of tune. all it needs is tuning with the fine tuners at the bottom to make sure its right, otherwise your guitar will sound terrible- especially in the mix with the other players in the band.
    Diamond Dave
    Caparisons are awesome, i like the dellingers and micheal romeos sig, that white guitar looks awesome
    KVX10 KING V
    Actually Michael's custom Rocket 29 frets is a Charvel guitar, he uses it in his Speed Kills training vid. Otherwise, its about time someone did a review on these guitars. Personally my fav's
    Demonikk
    27 frets isn't really that many. Think of Michael Angelo Batio, he plays that custom 29-fret Dean and that double guitar. That's about 48 frets with one set of hands =P
    RG_FANMAN
    jeowy
    oh and killswitch engage announced they had a deal with caparison years ago... and they havnt started "popping up everywhere"... this is possibly the 2nd time ive seen them mentioned anywhere on UG.
    jeowy
    people sure do hate marshall MG's dont they?... NO THANKYOU i dont want the bullshit arguements... only thing ive got against them is the price and the bloody pointless gold plate.
    High_o
    27 frets? **** man, thats too many IMO, 22 or 24 isfine for me. otherwise, looks like a killer guitar