DC135 review by Carvin

Carvin: DC135

Purchased from: www.carvin.com

Plays rock (modern and classic), blues, punk, and alternative. Gear used: Marshall MG15DFX and Dunlop Crybaby wah. There is no noise unless you create it, the body makes a bright sound and the pickups are hot enough for some versatility but not too hot as to pickup unwanted noise. The sound can range from near acoustic (neck and/or mid pickup clean), to clean electric, to classic distortion (any pickup combonation overdriven).

I have played a bunch of different guitars, and I do not see myself replacing this one any time soon. When I was searching for a new guitar I looked at Paul Reed Smith guitars, Carvins, and ESP; this one felt the best. If I was forced to replace it, I would buy it again. I have fallen in love with the neck and weight of the guitar. I have been playing for 7 years, own several types of amps from 15 watt - 250 watt, solids and tubes, I have a couple PRS, a Dunlop Crybaby, DigiTech Screamin' Blues, Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, and Boss DS-1 Distortion.

Definitely works for live playing. The hardware will last forever as long as it is not abused. The strap buttons are near indestructable. This guitar won't turn crappy unless it is treated crappily and the finishes are exquisite though custom finishes are not standard, the ones available are perenial.

The guitar arrived in perfect condition, ready to be played. The hardshell case totally protected the guitar and all accessories. Action was perfect, pickups were correctly configured and alligened, bridge was flawless.

Effortless playability to the 24th fret and great sustain are just two of the advantages of the DC135's neck-through-body construction. The AP11 single coil pickups are superior both in output and sound quality. You get humbucking performance when playing through the two AP11's or all 3 pickups together. For lead playing the C22B bridge pickup has the perfect blend of sustain and drive.

Rael0505
    Would have been nice if jackal20 would have listed his guitar's features (wood, pickups, etc)
    vinos dandle
    jose763 wrote: i ordered one like two weeks a ago and the wait is killing me!!
    how do you like it?