DC200 review by Carvin

Carvin: DC200

This guitar has a really warm sound. I've been in blues and jazz bands. The active electronics produced a great deal of bass, so I usually have it cut. I prefer to have the amp control the EQ. The guitar is now mostly used for a metal band. I have converted so many people Who were die hard Fender, Gibson, PRS, Ibanez players. The reaction is always the same when they play it for the first time.

What else could I say about this guitar that I haven't said. Other than I've purchased another guitar from Carvin. The DC127M Tune-O-Matic bridge with fewer passive features. To me less is more these days.

Again, I've had the guitar for 11 years. Had it set a few times as my style changed, but nothing major. It gets played everyday and has been on the road. Still plays flawlessly.

Barnone, the best guitars ever made are Carvin guitars. I've been playing a long time and I've played everything. Get the guitar set to your playing style and you'll never play anything else. The action of the guitar is what really sells the Carvin. They have a patent called "Rapid Play Neck" (or something along those lines). It's just incredible. Not to mention the amazing craftsmanship. They are perfect. Check out some of the laminated wood options, it's insane.

I ordered the DC200C (C means it has a Floyd Rose tremelo) about 11 years ago. Carvin is based in California and they make guitars per how you want them, completely custom. The DC200 is a neck-through guitar. The different types of body finishes and woods to select from is mind-boggling. 11 years ago, the guitar only came with active electronics, but now it has a bypass feature to play passive. When using the active electronics, I'd say it has too many features: 3-way pickup switch, master vol, bass, treb, phase, coil taps and a fade. Sperzel tuners are standard, the best tuners ever. If you don't know how they work do some research.