DC200 review by Carvin

Carvin: DC200

Purchased from: Craigslist

The sound is amazing. With this Carvin you can get any sound. I mostly play thrash, neo-classical, classical, jazz, blues, and some rock and it can play all of them perfectly. I'm running through a Peavey bandit 112 with transtube and this thing shines. You will get no feedback of this thing. The pickups are great too but if you want to mess around and throw some pickups it will be even easier to customize your sound. The harmonics on it sound great and pinch harmonics are easy to get.

Overall this is hands down one of the best guitars anybody could ever own. If this guitar I were stolen I would definitely buy another one but unfortunately I could definitely not afford it. I love everything about it and you will too. I highly recommend it for anybody. It wont let you down.

Thig guitar will stand through many gigs. I would gig with it without backup anytime. On the road this baby would last. Just don't go around throwing it like a ball or something. The strap buttons are solid as a rock, they have lasted 25 years and still as solid as the day the guitar was made. The finish its self will last a long time also. but you know every 100 years or so you might have to re-finish it. Haha.

I got the guitar used and it is 25+ years and this thing is still in great condition.the pickups were adjust well and sounded great. everything on the guitar is perfect. the action was low and you could easily shred on this guitar.Carvin is high quality stuff so nothing is bad on this guitar. the tuning was held for years in a case.Carvin is high quality so its not surprising that this guitar is still great being 25+ years old.

The Carvin DC200 that I received was made in 1984 or 1985 not too sure but it is pretty old. And already I must say for a old guitar it is still amazing. The dude I got it from said he hadn't played it in a couple years and hadn't even taken it out of the case and it was still in perfect tune. It has a a 24 fret ebony neck. This thing shreds. I'm not 100% sure but I think it is a maple body.either way it is beautiful. it's pretty heavy but when you pick a string you can feel the vibration through the whole guitar. And the sustain is forever on this thing. It has passive pickups that I believe are Carvin m22's. You have 4 knobs that control the tone and volume levels and you have the active electronics which let you really play with your tone and sound. It has a kahler tremolo that is really simple to use.you just pop in the string and that's it, no need to cut the end's of the strings like Floyd Rose. It also has a locking nut but not at the nut. it's behind the nut. But still hold the strings in tune great.

dreaminginwaves
    I recently bought a '94 left-handed Carvin DC200, all black with gold hardware, sperzel tuners, fixed bridge, and no inlays...just an endless expanse of pitch-black ebony. It's an unbelievable guitar. I've played Japanese Ibanez's for most of the last year and it took about an hour to be converted.
    GunLeatherGuy
    Ive got a solid Koa dc200 from 93...it looks like a kid played the drums on it with a screwdriver....oh well, I got it cheap. It is an amazing guitar.....and believe it or not...the neck is too thin. Its a thin c shape...its actually thinner than my Jackson necks and has less mass as they are a D shape. Make sense? Anyway...the elect. are all active..no passive option on this year. It sounds and plays like a carvin should .....just sweet. The pickups are becoming very likable. Im a SD nut. Ive got 12 guitars with hotrod sets in them or Full shreds...a great pickup! and these compare nicely with them. Ive also got EMG's, act. and pass...and dimarzios on a couple of guitars.. These compare with any of them really.... All in all....just a fine guitar!
    tlluckbrown
    I have two ST300's and a 980T Cobalt. I no longer dream about owning any other guitar...at all! Fenders, Gibsons, PRS and the rest no longer torment me to buy another one. These guitars are that good. Someone said that they had nice laminate tops. There is no laminate anywhere on the electrics, except on the headstocks, I think.