DC200T review by Carvin

Carvin: DC200T

Purchased from: Ebay

04/1993 USA, 24 fret, all Koa neck thru matching top, Tung oil neck, Transparent clear coat, Abalone and mother of pearl block inlays, bony fretboard, gold locking Sperzel hardware, Carvin Active humbuckers, Wilkinson tremolo, 2 coil switches and 1 phase switch, 3 way, 2 volume, 2 tone, Hard Carvin case. This guitar can do it all. Between the two humbuckers, the phase switch, the 2 coil switches, the 3 way switch, the 2 tone knobs and the 2 volumes it has too many combinations to actually calculate! It; s insane, buy it. It will make you think twice about every other guitar you've ever bought or played.

Suits any style, very versatile,  Carvin Legacy 2 and 2x12 cabinet. Use Many and no effects, very warm full bodied on neck switch to very thin twangy on bride with phase off etc. Just about any sound you can think of this will make flawlessly. This guitar can do it all. Between the two humbuckers, the phase switch, the 2 coil switches, the 3 way switch, the 2 tone knobs and the 2 volumes it has too many combinations to actually calculate! It; s insane, buy it. It will make you think twice about every other guitar you've ever bought or played.

Well, I bought this second hand it it does need to be set up. But even with out a set up it plays sounds and feels amazing. Very impressive quality and construction. The Koa does make a huge difference in the sound. This guitar is very warm sounding almost like a semi hollow body because of the natural characteristics of the Koa. The action is great low and fast and still slide-able. I use DR Titefit 10's on all my electrics last longer sound better hands down. I can't wait to get this professionally set up. I would normally do it, but this ones worth the extra attention.

This guitar can do it all. Between the two humbuckers, the phase switch, the 2 coil switches, the 3 way switch, the 2 tone knobs and the 2 volumes it has too many combinations to actually calculate! It; s insane, buy it. It will make you think twice about every other guitar you've ever bought or played. What is value? This is. USA made. I love this guitar and was so impressed wit it's quality that I bought the Legacy 2 Carvin Head and 2x12 bottom and sold my beloved Marshall I had for over 15 years. P.S. the amps are just as good as the guitars.

I play everything. 20+ years. I own a lot, see pics. If something happened to it I WOULD WITHOUT QUESTION BUY ANOTHER. I love everything about it. The wood is beautiful and would cost me a lot to make my own. The feel is great love the tung oil neck wouldn't have it any other way. Wilkinson tremolo is the way to go for sure. I've had enough of Floyd Rose's no thanks. The sound quality is my favorite feature very crisp and clean and extremely versatile which is what I was looking for when I bought it. I can bring this instead of 2 or 3 other guitars. I've compared this to Parkers, Gibsons, Fenders, RickenbackersESP, SchectersMartins, Godin, Dean, Yamaha, KramerIbanez. I was very impressed and the price was excellent. Wish it had the piezo pickup, may add it later... would rarely use anyway.