DC400T review by Carvin

Carvin: DC400T

Purchased from: Factory Custom Shop

This guitar is incredible, you can play just about any style you want with it. I plugged straight into my amp just to see what it sounded like without any pedals or processors to make it sound better. To my amazement it was quiet, until you play it of course. Then you get a full sound that has flawless tone. You can make any sound you want with this guitar single coil sounds, humbucker, bluey, metal, you name it. It is incredible

I like to play a wide variety of music so this guitar is a good match for me because you can get so many sounds out of it. If somebody stole this from me they would be in for a serious amount of pain. My favorite has got to be the action. I can play better on this guitar than on any other guitar I have played in my 12 years of playing. I only have one regret & that is that I messed up on the order. I ordered abalone dot inlays rather than abalone block inlays, but that is not Carvin's fault as I ordered it that way. No, it doesn't change how the guitar would sound, but I do like the look of blocks better than the dots. Also my other guitars have dots so I wish I would've ordered blocks to have something different. I am not sure what to compare this guitar to. To me it stands head & shoulders over anything I have played or even looked at for that matter. All I can say is Carvin deserves a lot more exposure than they get, for the price you pay for there product you get an incredible instrument, & they have been around for 60 years so they know what they are doing. Trust me.

I have only had this about a two weeks, but this guitar feels solid & dependable enough to do just about anything. I wouldn't even think about using another guitar in it's place.

This guitar was incredible right out of the case. I opened the case that it came in, pulled it out, and strummed it. To my surprise it was in tune. Even after shipping half way across the country. There wasn't a single flaw in or on this guitar. This thing feels, looks, & sounds great.

This guitar was custom built in their factory in San Diego, CA. It is a neck through body guitar. Strat syle body, but with the rounded body edges I got it looks a lot like a Joe Satriani Ibanez. The color I chose was sapphire blue on quilted maple Top with matching headstock. The body is made out of alder with a 10mm thick AAA quilted maple top & a maple neck. The controls are 3-way pick up selector, volume (which also doubles as the active/passive electronics switch), coil splitters, phase switch, tone, treble, & bass knobs as well. All of the hardware is black chrome which includes Sperzel locking tuners & Wilkinson tremelo. Equipped with Carvin's pickups: M22SD's in the bridge position & H22N for the neck pickup. The neck has a tung oil finish which makes playing very smooth.

timmay21
    For some reason the web site didn't post the price I entered so here you go. I paid $1,360.49 in US Dollars for this guitar.