SC90 review by Carvin

Carvin: SC90

Purchased from: Carvin.com

This guitar fits my music style pretty decently mabee someone more into the metal scene would like it more but overall it fits my quite well. I use a Line 6 Spider II 120 watt and MXR Distortion Compressor and a Dunlop wah. It is rich and full sounding and the guitar has a wide amount of variety becuase of the coil taps. The coil taps alow it to sound like a Stratocaster and then on regular you can pretty much fit any style of music.

My overall impression on this guitar is that it is a pretty sweet guitar. When ever I play with my friends they allways tell me how nice it sounds and wuite the upgrade it is for me. I have been playing for 5 or 6 years. And if it was stolen I wouldn't buy it again becuase I'm not digging the locking tuners they put in. It makes the strings to hard to bend.

This guitar will withstand live playing I would know, I played with it. The hardware will last long and they come with strap locks allready in them and they are solidly put it. The finish is allright nothing special.

The action when I got my guitar was very low. The wood was pefectly cut, and all of the electronics worked well.

The Carvin SC90 was made in the USA in California. It has 24 frets and jumbo frets and it was made on an ebony fretboard. It comes with a solid top. The body is made out of Mahogony and the finish which you are able to customize was a flamed top. It has a cutaway body and active electronics. There is a volume, tone, 5-way selector, 2 coil taps, and a phaser. It comes just like all carvins with Sprezel locking tuners.