Charvette review by Charvel

Charvel: Charvette

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

It suits my style grat, which is Classic Rock (AC/DC, Journey Boston, Guns N' Roses, etc.) I use a Hughes And Kettner 60R and a Boss DS-1. It sounds great and I don't have to use the Boss to get the great sound, either. It makes a hum when you're not playing it, and I don't think it's the amp. It pretty much does distorted and clean, and you can adjust bass or treble with the tone knob.

I play Rock, and it matches my style perfect. I've been playing 2 years almost, and my only other guitar is a Squier Strat, and it's crap. When I bought it I was completely satisfied. If it were stolen or lost, I would get an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, because they're just so awesome. I love the color and the Rock sound. I hate the Clean tone you sometimes get when you flip the 3-way. I compared it to a Jackson King V, and I ended up getting the Charvette. I do wish it had another Humbucker instead of a single coil, though.

I would not play it Live because occasionaly the guitar will make a loud cracking sound when you touch the cord. But then agasin, most guitars do so I guess I would play it Live. The strap buttons are awesome, I've never had a strap fall off while playing. The finish does not wear at all, it's 20 years old and has no scratches.

The color is awesome. It's yellow with black stripes, and it looks great. The action is great! Oickups are good, even though they're aftermarket. No flaws except for the 3-way selector, which is because someone messed with it I think. I just can't get over how awesome this guitar is! Although I do want a Les Paul.

No clue when it was made, sometime in the '80s or early '90s probably. 24 frets. I don't know what it's made of, but it is has a rosewood fingerboard with white dot inlays. It's a Strat style like most Charvels. It has a Floyd Rose tremolo with a locking nut, never goes out of tune. It has a volume control, Tone control, and a 3 way selector, and some little Switch thingy but I don't know what that does. It has a Humbucker and a single coil. I don't know what the tuners are but they're locking I'm pretty sure. Only bad thing is that the 3 way selector doesn't change between the second and third, it's the same sound.

NikVenom
    i have one serial number 3448 solid wood (no plywood) had a original floyd put in and it screams better than my Les Paul... and i got it for $150
    Pencil Man
    I just got one today. It's great, very versatile, sounds like a beast, plays well, and looks beautiful in it's striking bright orange. $20.
    R8GENT-X
    I have one exactly like the one in the picture! I like it a lot and it sounds great, would like to know if it was solid or plywood though.
    Adam Musial
    I love these guitars, I very hard to find one in Canada tho. I saw 1 in a pawn shop with a thru-body bridge... but it played great for $600.
    HATECREWofBODOM
    Haha I own one of those. It's red with a cracked black design. It's pretty heavy, but it plays nice and it's older than I am haha. so its good quality
    Danne777
    I got a Charvel Superstrata from 89-91 somthing, Crafted in Japan (NO! I'ts not the same as Chinamade. Japan make high quality stuff!). This guitar rules. Mine seems to look just like yours False_God, exept one little detail, i've got 2 tune controls. One for the singlecoil/s and the other for humbucker. Really a Guitar to reccomend if you like metal and blues!
    Coster
    if someone stole is i would electricute them with some less than a 500,000 voltage cause it would be more slow and painfull
    -voltage jolts, current kills (or so my physics teacher led me to believe)
    _timbo_
    most were...? ive got 2 (had 3) and they are all solid timber, 2 peice bodies. mind you, they are the ealier 22 fret necks not 24. and 00 serial numbers.