So-Cal review by Charvel

Charvel: So-Cal

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I play all types of rock, and play blues as well. This guitar fits those genres perfectly, the pickups are VERY versatle. You can get any sound you want out of them. I run my guitar through a Bogner Alchemist, and currently have a jemini distorion pedal and DigiTech whammy. I can get most beautiful sounds out of this set up. You can get the heaviest death metal sounds to the smoothest blues sounds out of this guitar.

My style of music is rock and blues, and this guitar fits it perfectly. I have currently been playing for 4 years and during that time I have bought an Ibanez GRX20, and Epiphone Standard plus, and a LTD Sc-607b. If it were stolen or lost, I was most definetly buy it again, and hunt down the person who stole it. My favorite feature HAS to be the original floyd rose. I got this guitar about 2 weeks ago and not once have I had to re tune it. It is very high quality. Before choosing this guitar, I played many other LTDs, and Ibanez guitars. I chose this one cause of the quality of it. It is very well made. They only thing I wish this guitar has is cavity cut out under the bridge so I can pull the bar up farther.

The durability of this guitar is great. I'm very confident that it will withstand live playing. The hardware will last for centuries if taken care of. The strap buttons are very solid on this guitar, but, with the straplocks that came with it the guitar is 10x safer. I would definetly use this guitar without a back up. The finish seems like it will last a LONG time. If Properly taken care of.

The guitar was set up pretty much perfect out of the factory. The action was low the way i like it. I had to adjust the pick ups just a little bit but that was it. And the Floyd Rose was perfectly set, it was perfectly flush with the body. There were no flaws to my knowledge

My guitar was made in 2009, and is Japanese made. It has 22 jumbo frets on a 1 piece 25 1/2 quartersawn maple neck. The body is a solid top and is made out of alder. The finish is very basic. Its painted white. It has a Strat style body. It has an original Floyd Rose with two Passive Pickups. It only has one volume nob, and a 3-way toggle switch. There is no tone nob. The pickups are in a basic HH configuration. Theyre two DiMarzio humbuckers. A tone zone in the bridge, and an evolution in the neck. The tuners are grover locking tuners. This guitar came with a molded case that is VERY durable. This guitar also came with the Floyd Rose bar, 3 allen wrenches, and straplocks.

ThatFlyingThing
    good_blink_plan wrote: valennic wrote: sewoo55 wrote: You can get the heaviest death metal sounds to the smoothest blues sounds out of this guitar. the amp gives you the majority of your tone, not the guitar Debatable. Play through a cheap shitty amp. Then an 800 dollar one. Debated.
    Do the same thing with a shitty guitar. Debate reopened.
    valennic
    Debatable.
    sewoo55
    the amp gives you the majority of your tone, not the guitar
    songmaster
    I was just commenting on the versitility of the guitar, guys. Since many of ya'll misread it. You can play death metal with this guitar, and you can play blues with this guitar. UNDERSTAND?
    good_blink_plan
    Play through a cheap shitty amp. Then an 800 dollar one. Debated.
    MaggaraMarine
    I tried the guitar today and it was great. I compared it to BC Rich Gunslinger and Charvel San Dimas and this was the best. I'm not sure about the differences between the another Charvel and this but I had a feeling when I played this that this was better. I like the maple neck/fretboard. It feels great. The only not so good thing was that you can't bend more than a half step up with the Floyd Rose. I'm thinking of buying this guitar because it looks, feels and sounds great.
    krvolok
    MaggaraMarine
    krvolok wrote: You can get the heaviest death metal sounds to the smoothest blues sounds out of this guitar. Unsurprisingly so since the guitar itself gives only abut a fifth of the sounds and tones of those respective genres.
    We have an Ibanez RGA72 in our school and you can't play funk with it or any mild overdrive stuff like blues or classic rock. It doesn't have that funky sound that other Ibanezes in our school have because it has actives. (Maybe they are just crappy actives because I don't know much about actives.) So the sound also depends pretty much on what guitar you are using.
    the amp gives you the majority of your tone, not the guitar
    if thats true Nobody will pay mo0r money for a go0d guitar
    Play through a cheap shitty amp. Then an 800 dollar one
    try a 900$ guitar whit a shity amp!? some people make me wonder!
    ZA58
    don't be overly proud of your guitar on a review you have to be critical and remeber you can even find a imperfection in a Gibson or a charval for this case
    shaofu0424
    i sure do dig charvels... have had mine for about 24 years... congrats... enjoy... peace...
    Rainyman
    i love it ... perfect futures ... good price .some company sells logo on guitar like gibson or fender.
    Rainyman
    but with the Floyd Rose you give a nice low action