EVL-K4 review by Cort

Cort: EVL-K4

Purchased from: Musika

Mostly I play Metal music from doom to thrash. This guitar is absolutely for it. Except the things I'm gonna cover. This axe with a Zoom G2 multi effects and a Cort MX15 amp is all I got to play with. I know there's a million thing else to have but for me that's more than enough. This guitar sounds perfect comparable to guitars within the same budget level. So if you want a cheap good guitar for distortion. This one is for you.

It is not easy for a cheap guitar to handle that much Metal music I play. But this one could. Five months I'm not a long time either. But I think I'm ready to write a preview of this guitar that I really like. If it were lost, and I have 340 bucks I`ll go for another K4 no kidding.

Although I never had this guitar during live playing but I think it's very good as a backup. And the hardware were can last if you showed some care with it. Till now it's been 5 months since I bought it and it seems like this guitar will last another decade.

The guitar is finished well. Awesome Satan-Black with pentagon circles inlays. So don't worry about the appearance. Well actually you have to resetup and retune the hole guitar because who did this in the factory were morons. If there a thing that you can do to get the most of this guitar. Replace the passive EMGs with active ones. Of course if you like Kerry King that much and you can put another 100$. Otherwise the current H4 are really really hot.

Well... It's my first guitar. And I'm happy with it. So far I mean. It's made in Indonesia in 2010 as it's written on it. You can obtain the spec from Cort website no problem it's all real. As a first guitar it suits me very well especially for the price.

alcatraz alonso
    The ESP LTD M-100FM is much better for metal and rock and is cheaper too, and you can change the pickups to emgs or seymour duncans . By the way esp designs their guitars basically for metal. After changing the pickups the ltd just rocks. i tried It.
    postmortemspasm
    An update guys- this guitar is going great.I recently put EMG 81/60 set in it and it is now perfect. Sounds exactly the same as my guitarist's $2500 ESP EC. This thing sings! My god I could not be happier with this guitar. The emgs went in easy as piss, even for a retard like me.
    kratosrulez666
    The floyd on this thing any good? Won't play as well if its always out of tune..! Also, what is the major difference between active and passive emg pickups?
    Mo3tasm
    the bridge is good, need a lot of playing to go out of tune, you can lower the action by using an Allen wrench to turn the pivot screw that connects the tremolo to the guitar body, Turn counterclockwise to lower your action, clockwise to raise it. Turn both screws to equal heights, and don't allow the tremolo baseplate to angle too sharply while you adjust one screw.
    Mo3tasm
    also a passive pickup need no battery to operate and produce lower output power than an active one, google that to hear the difference (or read my review above).