EVL-K6 review by Cort

Cort: EVL-K6

I play heavy metal, so again, I loved the two active EMGs (EMG 81, 85). The sound is really, really heavy, which suits me. It sounds ok on clean too, unless you want a perfect clean sound. In that case, you'll need to spend more money on a guitar. This guitar is great for shredding. A little buzz, on the bottom E string, but you can't really tell unless you listen closely.

I play heavy metal/death metal, and it suits me perfectly. I've only been playing for 2 years, and I just bought this guitar a month ago. I also have a Fender squire Strat, which I don't consider a "guitar" because it's so crappy. I only wish this guitar was easier to tune down, but that's something you have to sacrifice for the floyd rose double locking tremelo. Overall, I love this guitar, and if someone stole it, I'd find them, beat the shit out of them, burn their own guitar (if they have one) and take my guitar back. Compared to my Fender squire Strat, it's the best guitar in the world. I recommend anyone who plays metal to buy this guitar.

So far I haven't played live with it yet, but the hardware seems pretty durable. The strap buttons are solid. Yes, I would use it on a gig without a backup, because I'm pretty sure it'll last. So far, nothing "bad" has happened to it yet. Once, I banged it into a wall, and paint on the wall was scraped off, but the guitar remained unharmed.

I love this guitar, because it has a really sexy finish. The guitar was set up really well, and again, it's really good for shredding action. The pickups were perfect, just like the bridge. The guitar had on small scratch on the head stock, but that's fine with me, because it's hardly noticable. The Evel Custom inlays make it look cool, too. The knobs also look good. Of course, if you want to compare this guitar to a B.C. Rich then it won't look the best, but the features are better than a B.C. Rich. The headstock looks evil, and I personaly think it looks better than B.C. Rich widow headstocks. A Jackson guitar, which is what I wanted at first, would have better features and look a lot better, but for the price, this is guitar is almost perfect.

I got this guitar in China, the guitar was made in Korea. It had 24 jumbo frets and a maple (3 piece) neck. The fingerboard is ebony, and you can shred really fast on it. It had satin finish, and an alder body. I loved the active EMG pickups, and the floyd rose double locking tremelo. This is a good guitar for metal, because the active EMGs give you a strong, heavy sound.

Weybl Himself
    You can tune down with the Floyd, Vai has one of his set to C standard. Unfortunately you can't do it wuickly and switch up the tunings easily (which I think is what you meant now I think about it. Sounds like a pretty solid guitar, although I wouldn't reccomend gigging without a backup ever, but especially for a Floyd Rose equipped guitar, it'll just ruin your night if you break a string.
    CustomCustom
    looks like a good deal, nice inlays, and the trem looks like a schaller or schaller clone, like an old Floyd Rose 2.
    wingedgopher
    I think he's talking about the Damien.
    cool#9
    I've got one and it plays like a dream, i love it to death, as much as a man can love a guitar anyway.
    Hawaii69
    blink-182.5 wrote: Schecter's got the same for under $400 but this guitar's still pretty good
    But the Schecter has the EMG HZ's, not the 81/85's which are much better pickups. This guitar DOES look identical to the Damien FR though, right down to the headstock. Probably the same factory in Korea builds them for both companies. The Damien is cheapo basswood, while this Cort is Mahogany with an Ebony fretboard. No doubt this thing normally goes for a lot more than $600.00
    blink-182.5
    wingedgopher : \m/(--_-\m/ wrote: I disagreer with peever up there about the real EMG's. I have a Hellraiser and those 'buckers look and sound pretty real to me. I think he's talking about the Damien.
    yep.
    Rockstar_450
    what did it cost 575 pounds? US dollars? Yen? Australian dollars? Roupia? be more specific lol!
    Green_Jelly
    jumpmanhat wrote: Cort guitars are ACE, I think they are better than Schecter for sure. Its just that Cort doesnt see out like all the other brands, and people never really gave it a shot, so they are not as talked out about. Great underrated guitars for sure.
    They produce guitars for other brands as well, that's why they aren't that well known. If they'd sell more Cort guitars, they'd lose a lot of profits.
    musicfreak003
    Tias wrote: looks good to me, but is it a neck thru? and can I get one without a tremelo (hate those things) thank for the review
    yea u can get a cort evl z6, its almost the same, just no floyd rose. theres another review for it on this website
    rockmayday
    yeah.. il live in indonesia and i got mine for about 480 bucks... good deal if u ask me.
    luketalon
    punkMETALskater wrote: some are made in indonesia(sp?)
    yeah..my evl k4 is made in indonesia.. and i have a question... what is the difference between k4 and k6??
    Dark_Divinity
    I have the cort Evl Z6 the single cut away one. It is the best damn guitar i have ever owned. Instead of the emg 81/85 it has a 81/60 combination. the 81 is great for the shreading and the 60 is awesome for clean stuff. i hate tremolos so its the reason i chose it over the guitar reviewed here. to me it is better than a jackson in the same price range, and definately a metalheads guitar.
    USAPeavey
    Ebony fingerboard, EMGs, Floyd Rose, Killer looks, for under $600...Damn.
    musicfreak003
    dx466
    Anyone know where I can get one of these things in Toronto,Canada?
    blink-182.5
    USAPeavey : Ebony fingerboard, EMGs, Floyd Rose, Killer looks, for under $600...Damn.
    Schecter's got the same for under $400 but this guitar's still pretty good
    jumpmanhat
    jumpmanhat
    Mine is some what different, same shape, but its heavy mahogany w/ tone pros, motherbuckers, flamed maple top, love it! pretty cheap too, cheaper than this actually. I believe Corts are cheaper in asia though cuz I got mine in Korea, and thats what ive heard.
    peever
    Schecter's got the same for under $400 but this guitar's still pretty good
    minus an ebony fretboard, real emg's, and a half decent floyd
    guitaringsailor
    nice thinking of getting a metal guitar myself and i prefer active pickups sounds damn good thanks for the review
    L053R
    IndieMetalhead wrote: All corts are made in korea, since they are a korean company...
    That seems quite logic
    skunk182
    hmmm well, i'm playig a cort guitar in school and it's more crappy than my first guitar!! it's hard to change the strings, the pickups sound like....and you have to tune it every 20 minutes because its so shit...i played some other cord guitars too, and i dont think that this guitar is better than others...
    Tias
    \m/(--_--)\m/
    Night Revolver
    musicfreak003 wrote: yea i think some cort guitars (including this one) are made in korea, i'm not very sure.
    Cort is a Korean based company, hense the production in Korea. The lower/cheaper models are manufactured in Indonesia.
    SlaneCool
    i purchased this baby for $500 sounds great,dudes.. Im sure u aint gonna regret having this kickass baby..